CLA Profile picture
Feb 24, 2022 7 tweets 2 min read Read on X
Progression:
Putin is a conservative.
Oh look, Ukraine wants to chart its own course!
I spy Nazis!
DEFEND THE MOTHERLAND AGAINST NATO AGGRESSION AND FASCISM!
I GOT THIS, FASCISTS!
People love me.
Make Russia Great Again.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with CLA

CLA Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ConservativeLA

Mar 28, 2022
WSJ: "Roman Abramovich and Ukrainian Peace Negotiators Suffer Suspected Poisoning: The Russian oligarch and others developed symptoms they blamed on hard-liners in Moscow who they say want to sabotage talks to end the war" wsj.com/articles/roman…
"Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich and Ukrainian peace negotiators suffered symptoms of suspected poisoning after a meeting in Kyiv earlier this month, people familiar with the matter said."
"Following the meeting in the Ukrainian capital, Mr. Abramovich, who has shuttled between Moscow, Lviv and other negotiating venues, as well as at least two senior members of the Ukrainian team developed symptoms that included red eyes, constant and..."
Read 12 tweets
Mar 28, 2022
"The desperation—lawmakers catering to the loudest voices in the party base—is not healthy, Hurd says. It’s the by-product of safely partisan districts that provide more incentive to light fires than put them out."

An apt metaphor.

theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/…
"After a bombing near the CIA compound, Hurd was tasked with briefing a group of lawmakers from the House Intelligence Committee, who happened to be visiting Afghanistan..."
"When he began to explain the nature of the local rivalries between Sunni and Shia factions in the region, one of the congressmen interrupted. He asked Hurd what the difference was between a Sunni and a Shia..."
Read 8 tweets
Mar 28, 2022
Politico: Biden wants "the richest-of-the rich...to pay at least 20[%] in taxes on a combination of both their income and their unrealized gains in things like their stock portfolios, something that is not currently taxed."

Again with taxing unrealized stock gains? Pure theater.
When the Biden Administration starts getting their policy ideas from Liz Warren, it's nothing more than the White House generating campaign fundraising narratives about Republican obstruction.

A wealth tax is politically and legally DOA, let alone on unrealized stock gains.
The US tax code is completely broken; it is effectively, frequently, and legally gamed by those with the wherewithal and economies of scale to do so.

If the tax system were rational in the first place, Democrats wouldn't be trying to recapture lost tax revenue via a wealth tax.
Read 4 tweets
Mar 28, 2022
I was this week years old when I was exposed to Thomas Sowell's argument that American ghetto culture picked up many of its bad habits and poor impulse control from imported Anglo cultures that have since largely gone by the wayside at the point of origin. amazon.com/Black-Rednecks…
One would think that black theorists would stop entertaining their pet theories long enough to entertain the idea, born out but extensive research, that a toxic white subculture, largely an historical footnote at this point, explains, at least in part, black subcultural toxicity.
But it's much easier to ironically reject the hypothesis, and ascribe such behavior as authentically black, if one obliquely acknowledges it, or chalk it up to an Uncle Tom providing, somehow, in ways not specified, grist for the white supremacist mill.
Read 9 tweets
Mar 28, 2022
Catching up with the outcome of the Cup race with 15 to go, and Smoke called that one: The caution should have been earlier. Chastain got hosed on that deal.
With 7 to go, Dinger patiently waits for Chastain to use up his tires.
Caution with 6 to go puts Dinger in the catbird seat.
Read 7 tweets
Mar 28, 2022
NO NO NO WAIT WAIT WAIT WE STILL HAVE SEVERAL DAYS OF SCRIBBLING TO PUBLISH! I WAS GONNA MAKE ESPRESSO!
First sighting in the wild: I once wrote about the ethical/etiquette parameters of punching someone.
Next will come a confession from an apparent dweeb that he once punched someone, but not on TV in front of an audience of million.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(