fREW Profile picture
Feb 25, 2022 17 tweets 11 min read Read on X
OK folks, I’m starting on prep for #MardiGras. The main thing I’m doing today is making roux but I’ll pick back up tomorrow for meat and king cake. Mute #MardiGras if you don’t wanna see food content!
Roux is going… #MardiGras ImageImageImageImage
Chocolate Roux is ready. Meat and King Cake tomorrow. #MardiGras Image
Cooked meat, deglazed pan with some of the fish stock. So good! #MardiGras ImageImageImage
Letting cream cheese and egg yolks for king cake come up to room temp while I tidy up and do other prep #MardiGras Image
King Cake dough proved for 2h . Next to fill with cream cheese filling.#MardiGras ImageImageImageImage
King Cake will prove 45m more then go in oven. #MardiGras ImageImageImage
Risen but not clearly doubled. Gonna give it another 15m then call it and put it in the oven. #MardiGras Image
25m into bake and it’s still pale like the belly of a fish. Giving it a few more minutes. #MardiGras Image
Cracks were caused by transfer to wire rack. Not sure how you are supposed to do that, probably with two or 3 other people? #MardiGras Image
This year I’m making Green Gumbo (along with my more normal Seafood Gumbo) since we’re having a big party and inviting some vegans. I cannot believe how much work chopping all of this is. #MardiGras Image
Whew. #MardiGras Image
Cake decorated! (First is store bought so frosting was harder to spread. Second home made so frosting was thinner and dripped, as it should.) #MardiGras ImageImageImageImage
Started green gumbo. I have no idea what’s happening. #MardiGras Image
Getting pretty serious krewe. #MardiGras ImageImage
36 people showed up. Green Gumbo was a surprise hit. My friend @BrobotDillard came in with the smash hit of red beans and rice and the jambalaya. People liked my king cake but I think it has plenty of room for improvement

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with fREW

fREW Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @frioux

Aug 13, 2022
Day 10 in Athens: Prosecco for check in. Comical room key. Lukumades in the afternoon. Yogurt (Gyourtlou) Kebab at O Thanasis for dinner.
Faces. Drinks at Baba au Rum.
Last drink. Huge breakfast. Flight back.
Read 4 tweets
Aug 11, 2022
Day 9 in Naxos. The hotel breakfast was amazing and totally local. Beach was great. As in all of Greece: cats.
I tried and succeeded at having dinner at the same place as the prior night. Pictured is a sea bass appetizer, a grouper main, and a chocolate dessert.
Barozzi is the restaurant. Eat there!! Also had drinks at another bar. Just okay but we enjoyed the rakimelo. Who doesn’t like a good night time pic or two?
Read 4 tweets
Aug 10, 2022
Day 8 in Santorini and Naxos. Panoramic view from our balcony. Packing all the water this place gave us because tap water isn’t safe to drink on islands. Waiting for checkout. On the ferry. ImageImageImageImage
Exploring Naxos. Found a dog to pet. ImageImageImageImage
Fancy dinner. These courses were to die for, for sure some of the best food in my whole life. Also got a zombie with fire on it elsewhere, but it was not great, just cool looking. ImageImageImage
Read 4 tweets
Aug 9, 2022
Day 7 in Santorini. Our hotel helped us arrange an ATV and we used that to get around all day. ImageImageImage
First we went to the lighthouse all the way at the bottom of the island ImageImageImageImage
Next we went to one of the black beaches, this one called Mesa Pigadia ImageImageImage
Read 10 tweets
Aug 7, 2022
Day 6 In Santorini ImageImageImageImage
I took another long walk ImageImageImageImage
We took a long ride on a boat (included a hike on a dormant but active (?) colcano) ImageImageImageImage
Read 6 tweets
Aug 7, 2022
Day 5 in Paros and Santorini ImageImageImageImage
Disembarking from these ferries is something else. Ride from ferry to our hotel. Beautiful view from our room. ImageImageImageImage
Welcome drink on our balcony. Leaving from hotel to get dinner. Walking to dinner. Sunset at dinner. ImageImageImageImage
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(