Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture
Mar 7, 2022 42 tweets 15 min read Read on X
1. I suppose it might be time for another update.

While most of the #OttawaOccupiers have left the city, a number continue to return.

And since they still equate minor inconvenience with tyranny, they continue to stamp their feet and hold their breath.
2. We also see that one of the next stages in this movement is to complain that those organizers and influencers who were arrested are political prisoners.

Some politicians including Brian Jean (who is attempting a political come back) is pushing this narrative.
4. #OttawaOccupier Jim Kerr spent a romantic day yesterday (it was his anniversary) protesting at a jail holding some of those arrested.

The claim that they are not being afforded "due process" falls apart when they are literally being afforded due process.
5. Another one of the "Bill of Rights" advocates pushes her schtick.
6. Lich isn't dead... or at least Jim doesn't think so.
7. A lot of old time religion going on here but Jim Kerr suggests people don't get hung up on names because God is all about one's personal interpretation.

How very ecumenical of him! I doubt that many present would agree however.
8. He then goes out of his way to annoy people by using the com to demand the release of Pat King (more on him shortly), Tamara Lich, and Tyson "Freedom George" Billings.
9. They harass the media by chanting "tell the truth" which really means "uncritically promote our narrative and don't contradict it with actual facts."
10. And he eventually signs off.

I'd say... what? About 100 to 150 people? Lots of kids.
11. Now speaking of Pat King he continues to try to raise money for his defence and still feels there is a magic formula to get him out of jail.

It does seem he has raised some money so far.
12. Pat PROMISES this isn't a scam.

100%.

But he isn't done so that is sort of a refreshing change of pace.
13. Now Pat seems to think that his being denied bail has something to do with the assets of participants being frozen. I could be wrong, but I don't believe it is one of the reasons brought up in court.
14. There is also the rather inconvenient fact that even the organizers appear to have known they would be violating the law and did it any ways.

15. Moving on to Alberta, it seems that an Ohio legislator is trying to get Canada on a religious freedom watch list.
16. Not surprisingly Artur Pawlowski is one of his examples, and he uses his arrest where he dropped to his knees, then onto his face in the snow, as an example of the egregious treatment he has received.
17. Yesterday, and despite basically all mandates in the province being ended, the protests continued with new demands.

Because of course these protests were never actually about mandates.
18. Still in Alberta, I haven't spoken much about Kevin Johnston since his attempt to flee to the United States to avoid an 18 month sentence.

vice.com/en/article/5dg…
19. Well, this fella seems to think that human trafficking Kijiji across the border as a political dissident and a spokesperson for Canada is a swell idea.
20. So yeah, are we at all surprised to hear the QAnon quackery?
21. So you may be wondering who Ethan Schmidt from Arizona is.

I would direct you to this thread by @nickmartin to see just what kind of a gem Schmidt is.

23. Now Schmidt posted this compilation of videos of him harassing people on his Telegram page. He is very proud of it so, in order to get a real indication of his character, I will happily share it as well.

Be prepared to be angry.
25. So yes, this is the kind of quality human being that feels that Kevin Johnston is swell.

cbc.ca/news/canada/ca…
26. I also wouldn't be surprised if Chris Saccoccia (aka Chris Sky, aka Mr. Teeth) begins to follow this particular odious play book himself.
27. Honesty, I swear if Schmidt and Saccoccia ever came into contact with one another it would create the douchiest singularity that would suck all of human kind into a wormhole leading to a laundromat in Seaside Heights, New Jersey.
28. Speaking of Mr. Teeth, it would appear that Chris Saccoccia (aka Chris Sky) is still befuddled by the media paying more attention to a major geopolitical crisis than they are what looks to be a slightly overcrowded greasy spoon truck stop.
29. One gets the impression that Chris actually thinks that covering a major European conflict and the worst refugee crisis on the continent since World War II is a personal slight directed at him specifically.
30. Suffice it to say Chris Saccoccia has an ego, which is why he is, once again, doing a tour since he seems to believe that the people can't get enough Chris Sky.
31. However, he has discovered that he isn't welcome by some of the organizers in Vancouver.
32. I combined the two videos together.
33. Gee, I wonder why people might not be especially welcoming in Vancouver?

blogto.com/city/2021/11/t…
34. This is sort of true to form for Chris. Back in July he thought he was the star of an anti-mandate rally in Ottawa. When he learned he wasn't, he threw a tantrum, took over the stage, then pulled the plug on the audio equipment so no one else could speak.
36. How unlikable are you when you make Max Bernier and Randy Hillier look like the adults in the room by comparison?

37. In addition to going after Danielle Kinchella-Pistilli, Chris Saccoccia also goes after Marco Pietro which is HILARIOUS to me because it allows be to continue on with my "Jersey Shore" theme.
38. I mean, they have so much in common I don't know why they would want to fight. They are both into bronzer. They both have absolutely had a drink thrown in their faces by a woman they were hitting on. They both have questionable fashion sense for someone their ages.
39. Oh, and they are both Holocaust deniers.

straight.com/news/bc-antilo…
41. In any case Chris is currently being driven around and making claims that may or may not be true as per usual.
42. If he is lying, then that is true to form.

If he is telling the truth, he threw this cop under the bus to satiate his own ego which, again, is true to form.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️

Kurt Phillips🧛‍♂️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ARCCollective

Jun 25
1. Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (aka Tommy Robinson) was arrested in Calgary on an immigration warrant apparently. He may have since been released, though he has to turn in his passport and remain in southern Alberta.

I'd prefer that he be kicked out immediately.
2. Despite claiming to have been a "political prisoner" many of Yaxley-Lennon's criminal convictions his Islamophobic "activism" and a number of convictions since have had nothing to do with his political views.
3. In 2005, he was convicted assaulting a police officer who intervened during an argument Yaxley-Lennon was having with his then girlfriend.
Read 12 tweets
May 15
1/ It's been a while since I've done a thread here, but the recent focus on Pat King got me to wondering what was up with his own Salacious Crumb, Tyson "Freedom George" Billings.

cbc.ca/news/canada/ot…
2/ Last time I looked at Billings he was a part of the efforts to set up a permenant camp outside Ottawa so there could be daily protests, though the original plan involved surrounding the police and arresting politicians.

Suffice to say it didn't go anywhere.
3/ Billings and Ron Clark soon headed home, but they both soon got involved in other protests including the anti-carbon tax protests occurring in the province. The numbers at these events have been small but that hasn't stopped from politicians from courting the fringes it seems. Image
Read 37 tweets
Mar 26
1/ Though I'm not especially active these days, I'm still sometimes gobsmacked by some of the ridiculous (though sadly effective) rage farming by some on the right. Harrison Faulkner of "True North" is just a recent example of that. Image
2/ So a bit of background. Musical artist Karan Aujla won the 2024 TikTok Juno Fan Choice Award at the award ceremony this past weekend.

I think it was this weekend. Truth be told I don't pay a lot of attention to awards shows.

3/ It should be noted that Aujla has been in Canada for years emigrating as an orphan. He graduated from high school in Canada. The album was produced by a Canadian on a Canadian label.

He has made his home here.
Read 23 tweets
Feb 19
1/ A couple of days ago self-proclaimed leaders of the "freedom movement" held a press conference in Ottawa which was about as unhinged as you might have expected.

2/ Apparently the person who set this up was Derek Noonan who was also one of the speakers.

That would be this guy and I shall get back to him shortly. Image
3/ Because these "freedom patriot" types are SUPER jealous of anyone getting even a tiny bit of the noteriety they seem to believe they deserve and are entitled to, Gordon Berry was not happy with the press conference.

Read 30 tweets
Dec 12, 2023
1. Misinformation has always been a feature on Twitter but prior to Musk's ownership there appeared to be a minimal effort (very minimal) to counter it. Those days are clearly over.

Case in point, Theo Fleury shared this with his 285.8K followers today: Image
2. Before I go any further, no. This is not in fact true at all and a fact check would indicate that it isn't true.

Pictured here with Chrystia Freeland is her mother and sister. Image
3. When asked about the photo, the original poster said it was taken in 1967: Image
Read 13 tweets
Oct 24, 2023
1. Tyson "Freedom George" Billings did a few live streams today that I think are rather telling.

Also, I realize that some of the clips may not appear, so at the end I'll be sure to link to a way that y'all can see the thread in it's entirety.
2. First, Billings is upset by the grifters using his name and creating fake profiles to sell "merch".

I will remind you that Billings buddy Pat King tried to set up what folks in the know suggest was a crypto scam.
Read 29 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(