mrspanstreppon Profile picture
Mar 13, 2022 15 tweets 7 min read Read on X
NY Daily News reporters, @graham_rayman & @rparascandola on Vallelong, Capotosto, Ostermann & Ashton being targets of the FBI investigation into SBA funds stolen from members...
nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-c…
...The NYDN confirms the $1M+ "allegedly" misappropriated by Ed Mullins came from the Sergeants Benevolent Association Inc. Per the IRS Charity database...
apps.irs.gov/app/eos/detail…
...As a retired CPA/auditor, the notion that Dennis Ostermann, SBA controller & the only officer w a finance degree didn't notice anything amiss seems ridiculous. If he didn't notice anything amiss, he should be fired for incompetence... Image
....OTOH, SBA mouthpiece, Andrew Quinn, is paid handsomely to deny anyone else beside Mullins is targeted. Per the SBA 990 for year ended June 30 2019, his firm was paid $1.3M... Image
...Looking at the Quinn Law Firm site, the SBA is, by far, its biggest client...
quinnlawny.com/our-attorneys
...Financial data extracted from the SBA 990s per a database I subscribe to. 2015 & 2016 are not available. I'd put the data into a standard P&L format but there's only so much I'm doing w/o compensation & its not my money that was ripped off... ImageImage
...SBA balance sheets w/o 2015 & 2016.... Image
...Per the SBA 990 for YE June 30 2019, the SBA had 7 voting members & a TOTAL number of employees of 8. I assume the employees are the 7 trustees & executive assistant listed on the same 990... ImageImage
...Total number of employees, trustee compensation & total compensation expense don't match. There may very well be a reasonable explanation but I don't know what it is... ImageImage
...Per the NYDN, the SBA uses QuickBooks accounting software. I can't emphasize this enough - Capotosto may have signed Mullins' expense reimbursement checks but it was Ostermann who cut the checks...
...I reviewed expenses below the compensation line as reported on the SBA Inc (EIN 13-6121923) 990s for YE June 30 2014, 2017, 2018 & 2019 & they are all over the map...🚩🚩🚩 ImageImageImageImage
...Names of trustee & 990 preparer who signed the SBA Inc (EIN 13-6121923) 990s for for YE June 30 2014, 2017, 2018 & 2019... ImageImageImageImage
...Note the dates the 990s were signed & the due dates per the IRS. I don't have the SBA 990s for fiscal 2015 & 2016 but I do have the Widows & Childrens Fund 990s for those years & they were signed in 2018... ImageImage
...Analytic review is a standard auditing procedure which compares account balances from one period to another which is why the SBA may have reclassified so many expense line items from year to year...
...Time out to prepare an illustration of what I mean...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with mrspanstreppon

mrspanstreppon Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @mrspanstreppon

Jun 13
Until I read both the federal & state indictments of Steve Bannon, I didn't realize he seized absolute control over WeBuildTheWall's operations in Jan 2019 & was chairman of the WBTW advisory committee...

Bannon's 501c4, Citizens of the American Republic, is labeled "Non-Profit-1" in the fed indictment & "Unindicted Co-Conspirator Entity 1” in the state one. COAR was registered in Dec 2017 & filed a 2018 990...
Until I read the indictments, I also didn't realize Bannon's co-conspirator, Andrew Badolato, was involved w both WBTW & Citizens of the American Republic. Badolato, now 59, is incarcerated in FCI Edgefield & scheduled for release in Oct 2025...
cnn.com/2020/08/21/pol…
Read 10 tweets
Jun 8
In the two year period before the 2020 election, Steve Bannon was directly & indirectly involved w three major criminal enterprises. The first was Miles Guo's fraudulent investment scheme. Second was the We Build The Wall scam...
Third is the Epoch Times money laundering scheme. As I noted in a previous thread, Bannon signed on w Weidong "Bill" Guan's production of the film, Red Claws of the Dragon, less than six months before Guan's $67M laundering scheme commenced...
cbc.ca/news/politics/…
This September 12 2019 Globe & Mail article about Bannon's involvement in the Red Claws film is very informative. The name of the actual production company is New Realm Studios & NTD (US) owned the distribution rights....
theglobeandmail.com/arts/film/arti…
Read 14 tweets
Apr 29
Roger Sollenberger on the $8M five of Trump's PACs have paid Red Curve Solutions, a MA based compliance firm founded by Bradley Crate. Red Curve VP Charles Gantt was treasurer of Trump's transition NFP, Trump For America...
Apparently, Red Curve also goes by Bulldog Compliance based on this March 2022 story about failed congressional candidate Morgan Ortagus (Ivanka's choice) & the Tennessee Conservatives PAC..
tennesseelookout.com/2022/03/30/lit…
Bradley Crate & Charles Gantt are treasurers of 300 or so federal political committees per the FEC... Image
Read 4 tweets
Mar 29
Oh look. @VishBurra reposted Garrett Ziegler's tweet of my 2011 DUI arrest. As I recall, Mr. Burra has an arrest record for drugs. Not sure if he's a convicted felon like Gabby Lipsky's father, Dave. Image
Like Garrett Ziegler, Vish Burra spent a lot of time making the Hunter Biden laptop hard drive a thing. Happened across @Olivianuzzi's Sept 12 2022 story yesterday about the laptop hard drive saga that mentions Burra...
nymag.com/intelligencer/…
No need to read Nuzzi's story to learn about Vish Burra's role in the Hunter Biden laptop hard drive saga. He laid it all out in this Dec 2022 interview on Dinesh D'Souza's YouTube channel...
Read 5 tweets
Mar 21
GIFT LINK🎁: April 2007 story by Glen Simpson & Mary Jacoby on ex-Soviets lobbying DC. Former FBI director & Rep Pete Sessions' father, William Sessions, was a lawyer for Ukrainian born Russian mob boss Semyon Mogilevich...
wsj.com/articles/SB117…
Excerpt about Sessions & Mogilevich. At one time, Sessions believed the Russian mafia could be beat but I guess the money was too hard to turn down... Image
The rest of the WSJ story is worth a read if you're interested in the history of Republicans on the payroll of Russian oligarchs & org crime. Bob Dole repped Oleg Deripaska back in the day... Image
Read 6 tweets
Mar 19
Peter K. Navarro, 74, is scheduled to turn himself into the Miami FCI at 2 pm today. It is 30 minutes south of Trump Doral & some of its well known inmates include Manuel Noriega, Lou Pearlman, Sanjay Kumar & Joel Greenberg.... Image
Remember how Peter Navarro became President Trump's first economic advisor? Per @sarahellison, Jared Kushner liked the title of Navarro's book that he found on Amazon & cold called him...
vanityfair.com/news/2017/04/j…
@sarahellison Navarro later soured on Kushner, calling him "the Rasputin son-in-law" & worst Trump staffer. He even accused Kushner of faking cancer to sell his book...
businessinsider.com/peter-navarro-…
Read 12 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(