π˜Ώπ˜Όπ™π˜Ό Profile picture
May 2, 2022 β€’ 22 tweets β€’ 13 min read β€’ Read on X
A honest thread on what I expect from the #Otherside metaverse πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
🧡/22
VISION)
A pitch deck was leaked some time ago. It's apparently from last year and some details have been changed since.
This pitch deck, while outdated, I believe outlines Yugas vision for the Otherside pretty well.
2/22
They always wanted to make it a ready-player-one like platform with super-inclusion of pretty much every NFT you can imagine. 3d, MMO-rpg like walking around as/with your favorite NFT, solving tasks, getting rewards but also owning property and hanging out for events
3/22
(think the fortnite concerts). etc. basically like logging onto discord, talking to your friends after work/school and deciding on what game to play (= what activity inside the Otherside). Whatever you want to do virtually, you should be able to in here.
4/22
That means buying/selling/exhibitioning art as well (my favorite example on how the latter could look: virtualgallery.fornaxvoid.com by @FornaxVoid ). Trading/bartering/showing off is a main component
5/22
Theyll be able to achieve this with @Improbableio's M2 engine that is built spefically with this in mind (probably for the Otherside): See an example of just how capable this engine is below:
-
6/22
How will you furnish your plot? If we can build whatever we want (the SDK page implies this), then the possibilities are endless.
7/22
Imo they will have to make the platform free to use, so we can get normies onboard for 0$ as well. - Just give them a blank player character, make them fomo into a digital identity as soon as they understand the importance of it. (worldwide webb already does this).
8/22
CURRENT STAGE)
So what do we have today?
I will be honest, we got what looks and feels like a daily farm yield passive play app. The artwork isnt in any way as iconic, and the "rare" resources etc. look like booster items "20% higher daily yield on iron farming" etc.
9/22
This is not what we imagined. I believe its a placeholder and only an indicator of things to come. I believe it looks like this because they wanted the project to launch in time rather than redesign the entire thing. The vision is still in place;
10/22
you're not gonna care that your koda looks like this currently, when it's flying around your lava castle and greeting visitors to your property in fully fledged 3d.
11/22
That said, we already have a taste of the metaversy stuff. The map located on the explore page of the Otherside site has made us speculate - "Do I own a private island? What about this beachfront property? Is the clubhouse island going to be the manhatten of the Otherside?"
12/22
The questions are many. It's obvious that this is the most interesting aspect implemented so far. Check it out on otherside.xyz/explore
13/22
RISK/ANALYSIS)
Huge pot. upside, but also a huge pot. downside. Is it even possible to deliver something of this scale today? Everyone who has followed Star Citizen and its development knows that projects of this caliber can be a very tedious and painful thing to wait on.
14/22
It will require Yuga to utilise the newest technologies, and probably also implement revolutionary game development approaches (AI for environment generation etc.) But most important of all, they will need US to create as much as possible.
15/22
I believe this is what the 100.000k last plots are for. Outside developers/contributors (you and me), who build assets for the Otherside. I like this incentive provision.
16/22
On the longevity side of things, there is a huge incentive to keep on updating the project as the revenue from sales alone today on OpenSea/looksrare etc., is an unprecented (positive) business case. If there ever was a 100-year project, this would be it.
17/22
DECENTRALISATION)
While I am a huge proponent of decentralisation I do not believe that a project of this scale, with as much cutting edge and expensive technology, can currently be implemented in a non-"corporate all rights reserved" way.
18/22
I think this is what the founders at Yuga realised, or else they would probably have done it differently. I don't believe there is a beautifully decentralised future for the metaverse before 100.000 concurrent players is the norm in opensource software.
19/22
Conclusion)
While many in the community have voiced their concern in regards to the drop, the centralisation, the art and the pricedrops etc., I still think that yugas case is so strong that these concerns will be outshined by all the positives this platform will bring us.
20/22
It will bind so many worlds together. Socials, gaming and art will have a converging point, and it will be in here. This will be THE metaverse.
21/22
Full disclosure: My bags are packed πŸ‘€

Fuck doing expected things, I know, but I fully expect @yugalabs to deliver on everything I've described above.

I truly believe this is THE next step in digital interactivity.
22/22

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with π˜Ώπ˜Όπ™π˜Ό

π˜Ώπ˜Όπ™π˜Ό Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(