#Swatantryagaan
A music concert of songs from Indian cinema that contributed to the Indian freedom struggle and after.
It was great fun to conceive and curate this concert and work with such a talented team led by Kamlesh Bhadkamkar. Image
The musicians were some of the finest of our times - Archis Lele, Anil Karanjavkar, Datta Tawde, Hanumant Rawade, Amit Gothivrekar, Varad Kathapurkar, Rahul Deo and Kamlesh himself.
The singers did such a rocking job that ImageImage
2 and a half hours of only patriotic songs from films from 1936 to 2021 and yet the audience was kept glued to the seats. A small clip from the concert will give you an idea how electrifying the atmosphere was.
Thanks to Milind Ingale, Hamsika Iyer, Hrishikesh Ranade, Dhawal Chandwadkar and Madhura Kumbhar for the spirited performance.
We tried a lot to give an insight into how songs prior to 1947 were disguised and cryptically coded so that the Image
British censors would not find them objectionable to how patriotic songs surged after the Kargil war so that the concert did not remain only about entertainment but would provide an enriching experience. In this, the inputs and contribution of Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Kaushal S Inamdar| कौशल इनामदार

Kaushal S Inamdar| कौशल इनामदार Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ksinamdar

Mar 15, 2023
After 25 years ‘following my passion’, I can confidently say that this decision comes at a price. To pursue your passion as a hobby and to pursue it as your profession are totally different things. If you are good at your job, you’ll get the appreciation that is at the end of the
tunnel, but nobody can bypass that dark tunnel. Sometimes you get the feeling that the tunnel is also adding miles to itself and what seems to be a tunnel might as well be a cave or an abyss. When I joined music as a profession, I was sure I wanted to do songs, especially film
songs. But it took me 6 years to get my first film and that film never saw the light of day. The same thing with awards. It took me 15 years in the profession to win my first award. By the time you have lost all desire for it. Even if you get the appreciation, the real struggle
Read 13 tweets
Mar 13, 2023
When I was a young, budding composer, P. L. Deshpande - the great PuLa - litterateur, playwright, humorist, standup comedian, music composer, great harmonium player, actor, director - heard my songs and called me to mention his appreciation. He asked me what motivated me to
compose tunes for classical Marathi poetry. I was young enough to know everything then and had a template for every question. So, I answered confidently, “I wanted to do something different.” The wise man put his arm on my shoulder and said, “Son, you do whatever’s good; the
different will take care of itself!” It was a lesson for life.
Read 4 tweets
Sep 12, 2022
जरा मोठा धागा

प्रस्तावना
--------
माझ्या अनेक दोषांपैकी एक दोष म्हणजे मला multi-tasking अजिबात जमत नाही. याच दोषाला पोषक असा दुसरा दोष म्हणजे एखादी गोष्ट मनासारखी होत नाही म्हटल्यावर ती करणं सारखं पुढे ढकलणं. एका मुलाखतीत अरूण शौरी म्हणाले होते -
"Never let the best be the enemy of your good." हे मला कळलं आहे तरी वळलं नाहीए. याचा परिपाक म्हणजे उत्तम करण्याच्या नादात चांगलं करणंही राहून जातं. अशा तीन गोष्टी मी पुन्हा एकदा निर्धाराने करायला घेतो आहे

गोष्ट पहिली
-----------
गेली अनेक वर्षं मी ठरवत होतो की मी केलेल्या
चाली माझ्याच आवाजात रेकॉर्ड करून ठेवाव्या. काही केल्या तो मुहूर्त सापडेना. एकट्यानेच करायचं म्हटलं तर कंटाळा येई. मग एक कल्पना सुचली - एखादं गाणं करण्याची पहिली पायरी म्हणजे त्या गाण्याची चाल करणं. एखादी कविता किंवा गीत हातात आलं की चाल करण्यापर्यंतचा प्रवास तसा एकाकी असतो आणि
Read 18 tweets
Sep 10, 2022
In Marathi, during the announcement of a play in a theatre, or in a press ad, it is always the writer who is given the honour of the first credit. The director is next. They also get an honorarium for every show. Even today, playwrights have a fan following of their own. In
movies, however, the so-called ‘stars’ gained the front seat. It was only due to the high self-esteem (or ego, as one might see it. Poet Ashok Bagwe says that an artist must have a ‘देखणा अहंकार’ an untranslatable phrase) of writers like Salim Javed (@Javedakhtarjadu) who fought
for their dignity and finally got it after a fight. But imagine that a fairly good writer in a Hindi film gets approx 1/50th (or considerably less) of what a star gets for a movie. In an industry run on the measure of money, the respect that one gets is directly proportional to
Read 7 tweets
Aug 18, 2022
मीरेवर केलेल्या आख्यानात ओशो असं म्हणतात की कृष्णाच्या मुकुटात खोवलेल्या मोरपिसाला प्रतिकात्मक महत्त्व आहे. जसे मोरपिसात सगळे रंग आहेत, तसेच श्रीकृष्णातही सगळे रंग आहेत. तो योद्धाही आहे आणि योगीही. त्याला शांतीच्या शोधात हिमालयात जावं लागत नाही कारण त्याच्या आतच एक हिमालय आहे!
कृष्णाचं सावळं असणंही अर्थपूर्ण आहे. नदीचं पाणी जिथे उथळ असतं तिथे त्याचा तळ दिसतो. पण जसजशी त्याची खोली वाढत जाते, तसं ते गडद होत जातं आणि तळ दिसेनासा होतो. कृष्णाचा तळ दिसत नाही. श्रीकृष्णाचं संपूर्ण प्रतिबिंब मनाच्या काचेवर मावणं अवघडच! म्हणून ओशो म्हणतात की संतसुद्धा
कृष्णाचं सावळं असणंही अर्थपूर्ण आहे. नदीचं पाणी जिथे उथळ असतं तिथे त्याचा तळ दिसतो. पण जसजशी त्याची खोली वाढत जाते, तसं ते गडद होत जातं आणि तळ दिसेनासा होतो. कृष्णाचा तळ दिसत नाही. श्रीकृष्णाचं संपूर्ण प्रतिबिंब मनाच्या काचेवर मावणं अवघडच! म्हणून ओशो म्हणतात की संतसुद्धा
Read 18 tweets
Jul 20, 2022
अख़्तर-उल्-इमान, ज्यांना आपण ‘वक़्त’, ‘कानून’, ‘नया दौर’ सारख्या चित्रपटांचे पटकथाकार आणि संवादलेखक म्हणून ओळखतो, हे उर्दूतील प्रसिद्ध शायर होते. शायर असूनही त्यांनी ग़ज़ल हा काव्यप्रकार कधी हाताळला नाही. त्याबाबत त्यांना एकदा विचारलं असता त्यांनी असं उत्तर दिलं –
“मी कधी ग़ज़ल लिहिली नाही कारण ग़ालिबने त्यातल्या सर्व शक्यता संपवल्या आहेत!”
मला ग़ज़ल हा काव्यप्रकार म्हणून आणि संगीतप्रकार म्हणूनही अत्यंत प्रिय आहे परंतु अख़्तर-उल्-इमान म्हणतात त्याच कारणासाठी मी ग़ज़ल हा प्रकार इतका हाताळला नाहीए. ग़ज़ल गायकीच्या प्रामुख्याने दोन शाखा आहेत
– पहिली पारंपरीक – बरकत अली खाँ, बेग़म अख़्तर, इक़्बाल बानो, फ़रिदा ख़ानम, मेहदी हसन (मेहंदी नव्हे!) हे या पारंपरीक शैलीचे शिलेदार आहेत. माझं मत आहे की आधुनिक ग़ज़ल रचनेची नवी शाखा ग़ुलाम अली यांच्यापासून सुरू झाली. संगीतकार म्हणून त्यांची प्रतिभा इतकी अगाध आहे की त्यांनी
Read 14 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(