gender is harmful Profile picture
May 19, 2022 7 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Hi @cdflibraries - how can it be at all appropriate for young, impressionable children to sit through a story hour with a drag queen?

Drag queens are a sexist and sexualised, damaging stereotype of women who surely are not suitable for kids.

1/7
Drag Queen Story Hour was founded by Sab Samuel, AKA Aida H Dee, who is local to Cardiff.

While adults are allowed to attend events where adult humour is on offer etc, it is clear that drag queens are essentially, an adult act and not for kids.

2/7
There's been a trend as of recent, where children are becoming subject to more adult behaviours.

While reading a story is fine for kids, the sexualised outfits & appearance of drag queens, is not.

Here is Aida, looking much the same for adults (left) as for kids (right).

3/7
Again - here in the picture below, is some more adult humour which comes with the territory of drag queens.

Do you not think that children will look for drag queens online? do you not think, they will stumble upon videos of their adult performances and humour?

4/7
Here is 'Aida' organising a fundraiser for Mermaids, a 'charity' which don't hide the fact they believe children should have access to treatments & medication which risks their health and can lead them to become sterile.

Please do your homework and check out the #CassReview

5/7
Finally, please understand what you are dealing with...

...here is Aida, doling out a clear threat to a woman's livelihood, because she dared to question the suitability of drag queens for children.

6/7
Drag queens are *adult* entertainment.

They are a sexualised & sexist stereotype of women.

Contrary to what their website says - drag doesn't challenge stereotypes, rather, it reinforces them.

Please do not subject kids in Cardiff to this.

Cancel the show.

7/7

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with gender is harmful

gender is harmful Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @genderisharmful

Jul 4
This is the fourth in my series of forgotten female composers. In this thread, I will explore the life of French composer, Hélène de Montgeroult, who French music historian Jérôme Dorival once described as the ‘missing link between Mozart and Chopin’.

1/30 Image
Hélène de Montgeroult (née de Nervo) 1764 – 1836:

Montgeroult was born in Lyon, France, 1764 to a noble family. From an early age, she showed prodigious talent (on the harpsichord) in music lessons, which girls were expected to attend in such circles at that time.

2/30
Despite performance being central to her family life when young, her biographer, Jérôme Dorival failed to find any evidence of Montgeroult performing any concerts. As a member of the nobility, she was forbidden to work, nor was she allowed to make money from her music.

3/30
Read 30 tweets
May 24
We're always hearing about how super marginalised and oppressed "transgender" people are.

Let's see just how marginalised and oppressed they really are...
1/

2/

3/

Read 50 tweets
Apr 21
Someone just asked me for some examples of extremism from within the pro-gender camp... apparently, she knew of a few who were claiming it never happens.

Of course, I passed some examples on to her to use.

Here is a reminder of their violence.

1/8

2/8

3/8

Read 8 tweets
Mar 9
With India Willoughby claiming to be the victim, if JK Rowling's "hate crime", I thought it best to have a look at how Willoughby conducted himself in the run up to JK's post.

Fair to say, there was so much It would have taken me all day to gather all the evidence.

So...
1/
What I'm going to do is list many of the comments and statements Willoughby made about JK Rowling, many of which, I imagine are libellous & defamatory & which we all know, she ignored.

After listing them, I'll post the screenshots (not exhaustive) & only go back to Feb 14th)
2/
Without further ado, here is a selection of Willoughby's comments about JK Rowling, calling her:

"evil"
a "basket case"
a "snake tongue"
"a living Chernobyl"
"morally bankrupt"
a "disgrace"
"utterly vile"
a "sick fuck"
a "cruel & wicked bully"
a "fear mongering bigot"

3/
Read 13 tweets
Nov 10, 2023
🧵
'Women' of the Year.

A list of men who have been put forward as 'women' of the year.

Yes. How better to troll women than by effectively suggesting that men do womanhood better than women.

Starting with Bud Light guzzler, Dylan Mulvaney.

1/14 Image
Next - ex decathlete, Bruce Jenner, who now declares himself 'Caitlyn'.

Despite standing up for women who are now facing men in competitive sports, it doesn't stop him accepting accolades intended for women.

2/14 Image
Mediocre, middle-aged India Willoughby is next.

A raging sexist, who delights in calling women, 'dry old bags', Willoughby celebrated his nomination for 'women of the year' by posting pictures of himself & claiming not to be a "frump" like those 'nasty, bigoted TERFs'. 🙄

3/14 Image
Read 15 tweets
Nov 10, 2023
Hi @ucu - I see you have deleted your idiotic post which showed @OwenJones84 talking about 'free speech' and perpetuating the falsehood that cancel culture often impacts on "powerful people".

Let me tell you a few truths about who cancel culture really hurts...

1/6 Image
Cancel culture hurts those people who dare to protect women & children from gender ideologues who then orchestrate mass complaints to have them removed from their jobs.

It hurts those who are on low incomes, who end up relying on state support, because they have nothing.

2/6
It hurts those who are already struggling to stay afloat, financially.

It hurts those single parents who are guilty of nothing more than trying to protect their gender non-conforming children from the dangerous nonsense that is 'queer theory'.

3/6
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(