Dr. Raven the Science Maven Profile picture
May 26, 2022 7 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Last week on Diversity in Entertainment Day, I attended the @STARZ @STZTakeTheLead #TakeTheLead event and spoke on the Advancing Equity Across Industries: Finding Strategies for Better Representation Panel alongside others making their own unique strides in DEI efforts! 1/ A group of six people standing in front of a purple backdrop
You may recognize this amazing guy— Cliff @methodman who plays Davis Maclean on @Power_STARZ. You may also know him from I don’t know… a little group called the @WuTangClan 😆. @Methodman spoke on the importance and impact of authentic character representation on screen. 2/ A man and a woman shown posing together
.@dami_ak3 is the Multicultural Content Partnerships Lead at @GoogleTv where he drives discovery of culturally relevant and inclusive content! He is focused on many things, including telling diverse stories on @GoogleTv 💪🏿 3/ A man speaks and gestures while sitting next to a woman.
The amazing @LPGA Champion, @LizetteSalas5, has earned the title of one of the game's top 20 players while also giving back to her community using her foundation. Her foundation provides golf and life instruction to underserved children on the outskirts of LA.🏌🏽‍♀️ 4/ Two women pose in black and white back to back in front of a
.@nicgstweets is the Senior Vice President of Consumer and Brand marketing @Mastercard who defines brand values that are authentic and can make a tangible impact on DEI!🖤 5/ Two women sit in front of a purple background. One woman is
Last but certainly not least, the moderator @jessjutweets who is the Director of Programs and Operations @CAPEUSA. At CAPE, they seek to empower and connect Asian American and Pacific Islander artists and leaders in entertainment and media!!🤩 6/ A women sits in front of a purple background. She is wearing
Other speakers at the event included @Simone_Biles, @VancityJax, and more! You can see the speaker lineup and watch the replay of the panel here: starz.com/takethelead/su…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr. Raven the Science Maven

Dr. Raven the Science Maven Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ravenscimaven

Jul 29
Turns out if you casually eat about 4 cups of cherries and then go for a brisk walk around the block, you probably won’t make that very important and critical home stretch to the bathroom without projectile pooping on every fiber of fabric covering your body
A true jeopardy moment: do I completely ruin this outfit RIGHT NOW and strip butt naked outside at the front door and throw the clothes directly into the trash, or try to thug it out and risk a new paint job on the house and potential new carpet. ALL BECAUSE OF THE DAMN CHERRIES
Mind you, I WAS NOT AT HOME. I WAS AT SOMEBODY ELSE’S HOUSE!!! Literally the worst LMAOOOOO
Read 4 tweets
Jun 16
I read up on some successful uses for NAD+ in alleviating Long COVID fatigue, and I went ahead and tried it, and WOW. I've been on it for the past month and that thing has steadily been knocking out that fatigue. To the point where I have been working out AND doing a day's work.
This is what I've been taking amzn.to/4bTjDCF
Today I've done more in one day than I have done in over two years and I honestly didn't know I had it in me!! Like, at this rate I can say I'm actually REALLY feeling good on a day to day basis. Also I think my psych meds are finally stabilizing and I'm literally on cloud 9.
Read 8 tweets
May 31
Y’all can read about this absolutely distressing situation of me trying to buy a home + learning that the seller didn’t want to sell to me because I’m Black, in @nytimes. Thank you @debra_kamin for your hard work investigating this + educating people about the Fair Housing Act 1/
You can read the article here. There are resources and really important things to know about the home buying process included in the article. I highly recommend you read this.
nytimes.com/2024/05/31/rea…
Thank you @Dr_Gamble21 for being such a supportive partner 😭 throughout the emotional turmoil that has resulted from this
Read 5 tweets
May 23
So um…. Soooooooooo my sourdough starter exploded out of a sealed jar in a matter of hours what do I do??? It won’t stop PLEASE HELP I’m afraid to open it and it’s flowing out like crazy
Can I make the bread with it ????????
Read 23 tweets
May 18
My real estate agent's BROKER just called me at 9pm on a Friday to tell me that the seller doesn't want to sell a house to me because I am BLACK. This is after the inspection, contract agreement, down payment. Baby, I'm either buying your house or buying YOUR BLOCK. CHOOSE ONE.
We all confirmed, super illegal. My agent and the broker called and they both said in 25+ years of doing real estate they NEVER had this happen. Both are older white dudes, both pissed + sick to their stomach. My agent said he wasn't going to get sleep.
I'm up because I'm honestly livid, irate, irritated. Not the news I was expecting to receive. Image
Read 6 tweets
Apr 15
This ceremony awards millions to scientists making breakthroughs. I went last year. A lotta pomp and circumstance around science that felt performative, not educational, lacking connection, & elitist. I offered to help them bridge the HUGE gap and there was like zero interest 1/
2/ I do appreciate getting invited to stuff like this, but the entire thing felt centered around celebrities and not the scientists. There were multiple Nobel Prize winning scientists there. It was frustrating. But hey, I got to meet Danny DeVito right? He's awesome by the way.
I launched a science communication and brand strategy consulting firm and have been taking clients regularly, companies, scientists, organizations who value YOU and just need help with their messaging. Investing in your science engagement and communication strategy is PRICELESS.
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(