Stop standing 'round talking stuff
When someone else is in your bed
I've said enough, y'all
Well done"
- Prince (and others 🫣) via The Steels

Last part of #PrinceCelebration2022, brunch at @DakotaMpls! Image
At 9 am for some reason 🥴.
Levi is playing with them! 🥰 Image
They're doing Prince penned, produced or associated songs! You Will Be Moved sung by Mavis Staples written by Prince while he was in the headspace re Rodney King. 💜
Doing P covers too! How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore. 💜

I'm gonna eat and enjoy guys! 🥰
JD talking about P writing well done. Technically it was co-written by him, Levi, and David Rivkin. Had to catch Levi's face while he was talking about it. 🌚
Could be my jazz concert etiquette, but I'mma need people to know to clap for folks after they do a solo 🥴
Hold awn! Change is Coming! Sounds of Blackness, written by Levi Seacer and Billy Steele! 💜
Levi taking the Purple Rain solo. ☔
And that's it! #PrinceCelebration2022 is complete!
@threadreaderapp unroll please! 🙏🏾

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Darling Nisi

Darling Nisi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @darlingnisi

Sep 9
I'm just going to say, don't look to other people to tell you what your opinion should be about anything. Whatever you feel is valid because that's how you relate to it.
All this talk and meanwhile the music is getting lost which is exactly what I warned about in the first place. Gimme Glam Slam as a franchise, Paisley as a studio, the musical process, the evolution of how he approached business...but nope headlines off the messy stuff...
Read 6 tweets
Sep 6
We're going to do a few of these decades... If y'all don't know these songs get familiar! #Prince
I love how I chose different songs for this not on purpose...

I really hope the casual fans know these songs at least! 😭

Read 7 tweets
Sep 4
See what happens when we cross post with other fandoms? The first peak was business in our fam, the last 2 were just me posting about going to DragonCon, live tweeting an Acolyte panel and my picture with Manny Jacinto. Around 30k impressions off of 2 main posts. 🧵
I've been on one about helping people learn about Prince in a multitude of ways. We need more carrots! Lots of people noted my necklace with his symbol, I swapped my DragonCon lanyard out for a Prince one, gave out Prince pins....
Purposely wore his symbol in my Manny picture. Across all my social media this picture was seen at least 13,000 times.

Read 8 tweets
Sep 3
Chatting with folks about doing a group Prince cosplay next year. You can apply to host workshops, panels, and be a vendor as well. This also happens during the same weekend as the annual Lovesexy party. Con tickets are discounted right now. 5 days $100.

dragoncon.org
It's legit a fan run convention to celebrate whatever you're a fan of. Space for every niche! Prince needs to be represented here more for sure I saw him all over the vendor area with bootleg merch, lol.

I'll be talking about it more as the deadlines approach. While this is not necessarily focused on Prince like our celebration would be, it is absolutely an opportunity to expose him to people because most people who go to stuff like this know who he is. (Someone handed me this.) Image
Read 11 tweets
Aug 18
It was a pleasure to compile how we celebrate anniversaries of Prince's legacy. #Come30 is an extremely relevant era of #Prince's life that applies to what's going on in the industry and in society now, just like 2 other albums that have 10 year anniversaries next month. 🧵 Image
At the first post transition celebration at @PaisleyPark, Damaris Lewis said we, as fam, are ALL stewards of Prince's legacy. We should look to each other to make sure his legacy is accessible in the multiple dimensions of how we experience his life work.
Extra special thanks to folks like @polishedsolid who gather scholars and fam in her offering of a safe space for people to speak with passion and intelligence about our hero.

Read 19 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(