Learner Vivek Bajaj Profile picture
Jul 12, 2022 8 tweets 4 min read Read on X
A thread on Price action and how to identify stocks showing strong price action.

For me price action is when you answer the What,When,Why,How and Where of price movement of any underlying.

Its a language you use to communicate with the underlying.

Key Parameters thread

1/n
Short term price action is judged when the underlying is crossing precious day high or low. Why last day action is important?Because there are enough short term traders who act at these levels,especially if that day had lots of activities showcased by volume and delivery.

2/n
Monthly high, low, close are again important as the stocks are typically evaluated on monthly basis for mid term performance. Operator building large positions will react when market breaches these critical levels.

3/n
Just like monthly, 52 week i.e yearly data is also critical as a symbolic performance of an underlying for long term actions.

4/n
VWAP literally helps you to judge the behavior of operator. Typically that the price at which operator has build positions. If you combine VWAP with closing, you will be able to judge the probable demand and supply zone of any underlying.

5/n
Then relative performance of a stock visavis market benchmark. An outperforming stock will show momentum for immediate swing movements and underperforming stock should never be bought. Best tool to implement exit rules.

6/n
My proprietary RS55 model which measures the outperformance and underperformance over 55 days for normalisation. 55 days is almost 3 month of trading and fibonacci number.

Trained usage of this in my #Learn2Trade series at YouTube.com/vivekbajaj

7/n
Finally combining some key paramaters and finding stocks that have high chance of swing action.This will give you a filtered list for trading action.

Create your own #ComboScans by using @mystockedge

Also make sure you subscribe to the premium outputs and become #SelfisSmart

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Learner Vivek Bajaj

Learner Vivek Bajaj Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @vivbajaj

Sep 9, 2023
Top 10 innovations by @mystockedge that give an Edge to any Swing Trader or Momentum Investor.

All outputs are from my 18+ years of market experience and using multiple tools like Bloomberg, Reuters, etc.

🧵 Thread for the benefit of everyone. Do share if you feel right.
1. Trending stocks that gives a first-hand list of stocks where something is happening that day and could potentially move follow on.

a. Price movers beyond a price action
b. Volume shockers with higher vol
c. 52 week H/L
d. All time H/L
e. Most Visited inside StockEdge Image
2. Stock Level Technical Analysis inside all Indices for a quick glance.If there are more stocks with positive momentum or technical indicators there is high chance of continued market momentum.

Also it acts as a natural filter to know the stocks in action and accordingly act. Image
Read 12 tweets
Jul 23, 2023
Made this amazing #Comboscan using @mystockedge
The simplest scan engine for Indian markets.

Value-Price Stocks

Logic: Stocks with strong price action and low PEG ratio.

🧵 has the list

Retweet if you find it relevant. Image
1. Image
2. Image
Read 8 tweets
Nov 25, 2022
2 days in Mumbai and I met many professional traders : Algo and Non Algo as well as few software guys.

My key Learnings 🧵
The kind of money people have made in the last 3 years is insane.However most of them are in the market for a long time and waited for this opportunity to go all-in.

If you survive through tough times, you make big eventually.The market will always give you an opportunity.

2/n
Algo is big already and the entire ecosystem has matured. If you are planning a serious career as a trader, you better start learning about this. One can scale up very fast with a decent algo system and there are many players now facilitating the workings.

3/n
Read 7 tweets
Nov 24, 2022
I keep getting feedback from my team and other club members to open up StockEdge Club for an influx of users on our platform and to show the world the good work that we're doing.

However, I don't think I can ever open up the Club completely. Here's why🧵-

1/n
In an era where free stock recommendations are as readily available as fresh air, it is extremely easy for retail investors to fall in the trap of fraudsters and lose out on all their hard earned money.

2/n
The problem with the free platforms is that it is difficult to bar free riders and scamsters to enter and malign it with their fraud recommendations. The clutter is an add-on problem.

3/n
Read 8 tweets
Nov 22, 2022
Eagle Stocks are the ones with extremely high levels of momentum. They are strong stocks with decent fundamentals and solid uptrends.

Typically high risk high return stocks.

🧵 1/n
Full formula !!!
Read 10 tweets
Nov 13, 2022
How to identify potential strong swing stock from sector rotation ?

1. Check Sector Rotation section of @mystockedge

Use SR100 for weekly trial stockedge.com/Plans/stockedg…

Go to the delivery tab and check the sector with high delivery !!!!

1/n
2. Once you have identified the sector. E.g. IT sector on Friday.

Go to mycombo section of @mystockedge and check the stocks with following characteristics.

2/n
3. You will get the list of stocks. Now use Filter to only see the relevant sector. E.g I have filtered IT there.

What we get is a list of stocks with a perfect match and almost there. Start with perfect.

3/n
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(