Vaijayanthi Profile picture
Jul 23, 2022 6 tweets 4 min read Read on X
Best time to visit #Ajanta ... that greenery, flow of Waghora and this awesome viewpoint and that trek down unforgettable. 6-yrs ... wish to make another trip soon
#Waghora makes its way ... #Ajanta
However many book covers, pamphlets one might have seen him in, the temptation to click doesn't stop #Ajanta
Presume DSLR did make a difference ... 1996, an aim and shoot Yashica wasn't capable le.of capturing this. Maybe an Ipone camera does now, donno #Ajanta
Lighting inside the caves is a challenge not just to shoot, but even see. #Ajanta
Just remember vaguely ... At the Colombo museum they had recreated the famous Sigiriya murals, since in pouring rain I had no chance to climb, some solace seeing those recreations. Wonder why can't we create a complete #Ajanta museum and bring a complete cave 1 & 2 recreation

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Vaijayanthi

Vaijayanthi Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @vaiju7

Nov 29, 2022
I know all the pain, fights, truths, untruths and campaigns when the Kashi corridor happened. But, there is no case for keeping our Gods and temples in such condition. All these old temple towns need to be rebuilt.
Rebuild new havelis foe the Gods. Have a rooted, aesthetic person to do a project. It is no body's case that people should live in such unliveable conditions and temples housed in such ...
Even for a deeply devoted person it is disturbing. Whe the Prasad was offered for a minute a question arises should I put it in my mouth or not. More than anything keep.wo during why should anyone be living in such condition. I don't k own if an amicable solution can be found.
Read 4 tweets
Nov 29, 2022
This @veejaysai sent me on a journey to Treta Yuga asking a simple "did you visit the Adivaraha temple"
Blessed that I could make it, have darshan.
Next door is a Balarama shrine
Read 5 tweets
Sep 15, 2022
Just a tweet series about things that moved away from Mumbai and the first I think on the list was IFC ... having lived in Mumbai for long and also covering financial markets that was a subject we all followed closely. Look at the report dea.gov.in/sites/default/…
A gentleman called Percy Mistry now a forgotten name in Mumbai circles addressed several meetings, wrote many articles and also headed the committee. There is a comparison chart on how Mumbai fares against some established and possible IFCs nearby in Asia and Australia.
This could be a good tutorial to understand what we have been in terms to creating anything. If 1992 scam had not happened the NSE would not have happened. IFC cannot be born out of a domestic crisis. We could have used the periods when some of the established centres had issues.
Read 6 tweets
Jul 23, 2022
Down the memory lane ...
Holding the vinyl in hand, playing it on a recorder which was also fhe same blue as this cover ... feels sad though with age, that we let go off the LPs. I think the virutham "veyiruthuli bangan" was in this recording. One day visiting Thenkasi, I noticed the verse pasted near...
The Navagraha sannidhi "amma indha virutham Mani Iyer paaduvare" as at that time I didn't know Kolaru Thirupathigam. I stood there and committed to memory the lines. Later an aunt, great fan of MMI "Karaharapriya, Pakkala nilapadi kettadhillaya" and gave the cassette ...
Read 4 tweets
Jul 23, 2022
Have had this Thiruppugazh cassette for decades, and I still listen to in MP3 format, as also ...
Not able to find the complete album by Bombay Sisters ...
But found 2 of the favorite Thiruppugazh by Bombay Sisters
Read 4 tweets
Mar 16, 2022
Convenient no to say VP Singh govt. What kind of a coalition was it and lasted for how long? No Rajiv Gandhi, Farook Abdullah, no Mufty Syed. They moved every machinery possible to the valley and pandits is it. Where are all those who were the big Kashmir reporters of that time?
When you befriend Abdullahs and take orders from Hurriyat what neutrality then, and what questioning the cry of Pandits today. Even then the write ups were catheter then than what they transformed to be later ... What happened? You can't see the elite order disturbed?
You may well try to read up archival material on what happened in 1984-89, 1989-91. One of the most turbulent phases the Republic faced. Mandir and Rath Yatra is in memory right, but not Mandal, not the hotch-potch NF, not the legacy of various accords and the violence?
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(