Norbert ⚡️ Profile picture
Sep 12, 2022 51 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Waiting to be let in. Hodlonaut is here in good spirits, eager to finally get this started.
Room is filling up, still ample seating.
Craig looks surprisingly grey, worn, but interacts eagerly with his council and entourage.
Judge has entered. Court is in session.
Judge: Craig being Satoshi will not be considered.
Hodlonaut's lawyer reading from Craig's Wikipedia page
Now describing what bitcoin is, referring again to Wikipedia.
Why a lawyer would have to explain hashing, proof of work, PKI etc, I don't know. But that's what's going on now.
Explains how bitcoin was launched, Satoshi's stash, the first transaction, Satoshi's stepping down etc
Talks about Craig's trouble with the ATO after claiming considerable tax rebates.
Goes through Craig's history with the Kleimans, mentioning email forgeries.
Talks about the process leading up to Craig claiming to be Satoshi. Dealings with Ayre, coverage in Gizmodo etc
Goes through the contract to sell Craig's life story.
Apparently they are in possession of the memory stick that BBC's reporter was given by Craig after the "signing session".
Going through Craig's fake Sartre signature and his broken promise that he would move coins, and finally his "I don't have the courage" cop-out
Now talking about the lightning torch experiment, at last something related to Hodlonaut.
Discussing the BCH/BSV split
Reading Ayre tweets threatening to bankrupt critics.
Hodlonaut deleted the tweets, but refused to accept Craig as Satoshi. Hence the court process. The narrative that deletion was all they wanted is false.
They got KPMG to analyze documents from Wright, and the conclusion was that these docs were likely fraudulent. More from KPMG later in the proceedings.
Back in session after lunch. Hodlonaut's lawyer goes through Craig's supposed holdings, lack of access to keys except for the signing sessions, trusts etc
Demonstrating backdated blog posts for the judge, using Wayback Machine.
1feex mentioned in passing, as less relevant for this case.
Reading from The Satoshi Affair to underline that the point was to sell Craig's life story and generate IP to sell.
Unfortunately technical issues with the AV system recur. A video display is delayed until tomorrow, showing some docs in the displays is pending tech support.
Showing plans to come out as Satoshi before the supposed media leaks.
More about the blind trust/tulip trust - "our position is that none of this is credible"
Explaining the weaknesses of the sham signing sessions for Matonis and Andresen now.
Quoting later Andresen statements that indicate he has come to doubt Craig.
Problems with the translation service, break now.
Gavin's emails from the Kleiman discovery are being quoted.
All the excuses and foot-dragging Gavin received after asking Craig about the fake Sartre signature, oof.
Now going through old failed Satoshi evidence. First the white paper copyright registration which proved nothing. Then Tulip Trading shelf company dating that doesn't check out.
Backdated email from Dave Kleiman about the tulip trust establishment. Nothing new to those who have followed previous cases.
Another backdated company I haven't heard of - Jaybrook or something? And the Shadders list is brought up.
There's a missing email that Hodlonaut's side hasn't been handed because Wright's American lawyer has pneumonia. I'm not making this up.

Wright's Norwegian lawyer said they'll see what they can do. Pretty late at this point.
"Early Bitcoin code" with stuff inserted by Craig that appears to be from a 2013 blog post. Sloppiness intensifies.
Hodlonaut's other lawyer speaking now. Discussing the early tax troubles in Australia.
Long quote of Andrew Summers, Craig's lawyer who later resigned in disgust.
Quotes from ATO meetings with details about "transfer" of bitcoins into trusts (without anything moving on chain).
Still on ATO. A nullity based on a sham, all that stuff.
Now on the Florida case. Rees, Kleiman and an MI6 agent were all named as associates after they had died. Strangely convenient.
Again quoting Gavin on his doubts.
Quoting judge Bloom about Craig's bad faith, shams, practicing to deceive.
Apparently he spent his 1.1M bitcoins and then bought the same amount back from a Russian exchange, and that's why the address lists don't check out? All while nothing moved on chain. This is nuts.
They have collected over 7K tweets calling Craig a fraud in the period Hodlonaut did, and are now reading a selection - to illustrate the mood at the time.
Reading obscene tweets from Craig from his first Twitter round. Incredibly childish, unprofessional messages.
Says Craig contributes to a climate of harsh words.
Reads Hodlonaut tweets showing he had general concerns about people getting fooled into shitcoins. This was left out by Craig's lawyers.
We're running long over time now.
This concludes day 1. I will post some reflections tonight. Thanks for reading!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Norbert ⚡️

Norbert ⚡️ Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @bitnorbert

Feb 16
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 10. 🧵

We continue cross-examination of Wright's fact witnesses today. Here they are:

* Danielle DeMorgan: Wright's sister.
* Mark Archbold: Compliance manager for a gaming company, met Wright in the late nineties.
* Cerian Jones: A patent attorney who has worked with Wright since 2015 and helped with nChain's early patents.

Jones will be in the courtroom while the other two are on videolink from Australia.

This is my last day in court, so I hope it will be good. We'll be in session in 2.5 hours from now, at 10:30.
As always, I gratefully accept tips to norbert@walletofsatoshi.com, or this QR code. 🙏
Read 40 tweets
Feb 14
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 8. 🧵

Good morning! It's Wright's final day in the witness box – except for an extra round later due to the new evidence admitted on Day 1. I expect COPA to finish, and hand the proverbial baton over to the Devs, lead by Alexander Gunning KC. If there is time, which I expect there to be, we will switch to cross-examination of Wright's fact witnesses. I don't know who that would be today, so let's see.

When this post is 2.5 hours old, at 10:30, court will be in session.
As always, you can tip me for my work at norbert@walletofsatoshi.com or with this QR code. Your generosity has helped cover much of the costs I've had in doing this. Thank you so much! Image
No line outside today. Where is everybody?
Read 102 tweets
Feb 13
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 7. 🧵

It's Wright's last full day in the witness box. Tensions got higher yesterday, and I don't see COPA's Jonathan Hough KC relenting today.

Now to sip my morning coffee before I make my way over. 2.5 hours until court is in session. 🕰️
I'm getting several questions about attending, so here is some practical advice:

* It's in the Rolls Building (look it up on Google Maps).
* Just show up, it's open to the public.
* Go through security, which is like a light version or airport security. No need for ID or anything.
* Go to 3rd floor (elevator or steps), find Court 26.
* Try not to enter or leave during session – but if you must, bow to the judge in front of the door.
* No standing room – if you can't find a seat, leave and try again during the next break (especially during lunch break around 13:00).
* Put your equipment on mute, be as quiet as possible. Absolutely no laughing out loud unless an intentional joke was told (this is the hard part).
If you'd like to tip me a little for my work, which is entirely optional but deeply appreciated, you can do that to norbert@walletofsatoshi.com or this QR code. Image
Read 86 tweets
Feb 12
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 6. 🧵

Well I've had a lovely weekend, and I'm ready for my second, and unfortunately last, week in court. Today, COPA's Jonathan Hough KC will continue his cross-examination of Wright. Wright will remain in the witness box likely into Wednesday, while the remainder of the week will be cross-examination of his fact witnesses.

We're moving to Court 26 today, on the third floor, said to be a whole four degrees cooler than Court 30. PM me if you have any practical questions around attending.

As always, court starts at 10:30, or in 2.5 hours from now.
If you'd like to tip me a little for my work, you can use norbert@walletofsatoshi.com or this QR code.

I truly appreciate your generosity and it has gone a long way towards covering the expenses for my work.

(Corrected from earlier post) Image
Waiting outside Court 26. Just a few people here. The air is breathable!
Read 86 tweets
Feb 9
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 5. 🧵

Are you all ready for the last court day of the week? We'll see more cross-examination by COPA's talented Jonathan Hough today. I feel like it's not going to get any easier for Wright.

If you're watching the stream and see me get anything wrong, please correct me in replies. I'm having frequent "surely he couldn't have said THAT??" moments, and need to make snap decisions on posting what I think I heard, which is difficult when Wright actually says absurd and self-contradictory stuff.

I'm thankful it's the last day in Court 30 with its broken air conditioning. I heard the court we're moving to on Monday is just as big and actually has air that is fit to breathe.

We'll be in session in 2.5 hours from now, at 10:30.
If you'd like to tip me a little for my work, and cover some of my expenses, you're welcome to throw a few sats at norbert@walletofsatoshi.com, or this QR code. Highly appreciated! Image
Seated 🎉 All set up, and 55 minutes to go.
Read 124 tweets
Feb 8
COPA v Wright, the identity issue – Day 4.

Welcome to the third day of cross-examination in rainy London. Expecting more of the same, so it should be good.

Court will be in session in two hours and 30 minutes from now (10:30).
Several of you have asked me how to watch the stream. You can find instructions here: It involves registering with your full legal name, and they will give you personal credentials which I think will only work from the following court day. Please follow strictly the rules: no recording of the stream, no screenshots, no audio recording – doing this is contempt of court.judiciary.uk/judgments/cryp…
Another recurring question is how long the trial will last. It will run until mid-March, with a week's intermission.

Here is the schedule I refer to; it was tentative 11 days ago, but I'm not aware of any changes so far. Shared by Greg Maxwell here: reddit.com/r/bsv/comments…
Read 133 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(