BdU Profile picture
Sep 15, 2022 13 tweets 5 min read Read on X
The Shroud of Turin. It's quite interesting, because with the amount of Scientific data we now have, it's safe to say that it's an undeniable proof that Christ rose from the dead. Image
The fake news that they would like you to believe say that the Shroud is a medieval forgery. This is based on a single test done in 1988 on a patch added to the Shroud later. All other samples show that the Shroud is much older. Image
Research of the linen alone undeniably shows that the Shroud is much older than from the Middle Ages. However, we also have a lot of data that precisely pinpoints it to the 1st century Jerusalem. Image
The average from three independent chemical and mechanical studies dates the Shroud to 33 BC (±250 years). Image
However what really 100% debunks the forgery theory is forensics. If it was a forgery, it would be the most perfect forgery ever created by an absolute genius who predicted things which were not known to Science before 20th century. Every single bloodstain is forensically correct Image
Blood type of the Shroud is the same as the bIood type of ancient Hebrew burials (the bIood group of ancient Hebrews was only discovered in 1977). Plant pollens are specific to Jerusalem. Dirt particles are also consistent with the calcium carbonate Jerusalem soil Image
Of course, someone could say that the Shroud could just be a random burial linen from 1st century Jerusalem. But it's not. Everything about the Man of the Shroud is consistent with the Jesus of the gospels, nothing similar appears in any other descriptions of Roman crucifixions Image
The theory that it's a forgery is also debunked since ultraviolet spectrometry, infrared spectrometry, fluorescence spectrometry, thermography, pyrolysis-mass spectrometry, lasermicroprobe Raman analysis & microchemical testing all show no sign of any pigment. It was NOT painted! Image
Some more forensics: all 100+ scourge marks are perfectly consistent, and specific to a period accurate Roman flagrum Image
The pattern of the scourge marks is so consistent that it's unfeasible it could be this perfectly recreated even by a very skilled artist knowing exactly how a 1st century Roman flagrum looked like Image
Some skeptics tried to reproduce the Shroud. Photographic techniques can produce an image similar to the Shroud (this would suggest that some genius invented photography in 13th century just to fake the Shroud, as a funny prank). Other "reproductions" are just low effort scams Image
Skeptics' reproductions look laughably bad and inconsistent upon closer examination. One interesting thing: the Shroud can be converted to a 100% anatomically correct 3D hologram. No "reproductions" can do something even barely similar, all are distorted. Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with BdU

BdU Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @ugroyp

Sep 23, 2022
As a Jewish liberal atheist, I am always terrified by the links between AdoIf HitIer's nazism and traditionalist Christianity. Out of respect for the 6,000,000 who perished in the HoIocaust, we should face the reality that AdoIf HitIer loved Christ, as I prove with these quotes: Image
"Today Christians stand at the head of this country. I pledge that I never will tie myself to parties who want to destroy Christianity. We want to fill our culture again with the Christian spirit. We want to burn out all the poison of immorality which entered our life."

- A.H.
"The National Government will regard it as its first and foremost duty to revive in the nation the spirit of unity and cooperation. It regards Christianity as the foundation of our national morality, and the family as the basis of national life."

- A.H.
Read 24 tweets
Sep 23, 2022
"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the Man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these jеws for what they were & summoned men to fight them, and who was greatest not as sufferer but as fighter Image
In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jеwish poison.
Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before - the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross.
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(