Deadline Hollywood Profile picture
Oct 19, 2022 9 tweets 4 min read Read on X
DC Films Boss Walter Hamada Has Departed Studio As Warner Discovery Finalizes Exit: The Dish deadline.com/2022/10/dc-fil…
After 15 years at Warner Bros and four as the president of DC Films, Walter Hamada has left the Burbank, CA lot. Sources tell Deadline the exec waits for the senior Warner Bros Discovery brass to finalize his exit payout deadline.com/2022/10/dc-fil…
Hamada has run DC since 2018, and re-upped in January 2021 with a contract that was supposed to take him through 2023 bit.ly/3eH80GH
All of this occurs as New Line’s DC movie #BlackAdam — on which Hamada is an EP — is tracking to open to a projected $135 million at the global box office this weekend bit.ly/3eH80GH
The writing has been on the wall for Hamada’s DC exit for quite some time, and sources said he has packed up his office and hasn’t been part of recent creative meetings bit.ly/3eH80GH Image
Hamada will be the fifth Warner Bros motion picture studio executive to leave since David Zaslav took the reins of the newly merged Warner Bros Discovery bit.ly/3eH80GH Image
Hamada shepherded ‘The Batman’ during a Covid shoot, and the film grossed $771 million worldwide bit.ly/3eH80GH Image
Hamada also was an EP and had his hands on two of DC’s highest-grossing movies, James Wan’s ‘Aquaman’ ($1.1 billion) and Todd Phillips’ ‘Joker,’ which won two Oscars and became the highest-grossing R-rated movie of all time at $1.07 billion bit.ly/3eH80GH
Hamada was offered but has turned down a producing deal. He was ready to bolt after WBD killed ‘Batgirl’ in postproduction as part of a pivot from the last regime’s plan to make moderately budgeted films for HBO Max deadline.com/2022/10/dc-fil…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Deadline Hollywood

Deadline Hollywood Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DEADLINE

Apr 17
EXCLUSIVE: ‘Family Guy’ creator Seth MacFarlane is partnering, through his Seth MacFarlane Foundation, with Martin Scorsese’s Film Foundation to fund the first-ever, curated restoration of historically significant animated shorts from the 1920s to 1940s deadline.com/2024/04/seth-m…
“I’m so grateful to Seth MacFarlane for his enthusiasm and his support on these restorations,” said Martin Scorsese in a statement.

“What an astonishing experience, to see these remarkable pictures that I experienced for the first time as a child brought back to their full glory. Imagine the reactions of children today! Because the films now seem as fresh as they did when they were newly made” bit.ly/3vN2LxLImage
Nine animated pics from Max and Dave Fleischer, who created Betty Boop and Koko the Clown, are among the pieces that are being restored.

Also included are two stop-motion animation shorts directed by George Pal, known for his charming “Puppetoons.” The final film on the list is a Terrytoon, produced by Paul Terry bit.ly/3vN2LxLImage
Read 4 tweets
Jan 11
Willem Dafoe On ‘Poor Things’, ‘Beetlejuice 2’ And Keeping Busy In 2024: “I Don’t Work Just To Work. I'm Lucky…” deadline.com/2024/01/willem…
Here, Dafoe reflects on ‘Poor Things’ strange, unique world, raises the curtain on 2024, and talks a little about his recent festival hit ‘Inside,’ in which he plays a clueless thief who becomes trapped in the apartment of a wealthy art collector deadline.com/2024/01/willem…
"I’m not sure people know this, but Yorgos [Lanthimos] is really a polymath, in the sense that he knows a lot about many things. I mean, he really does know about dance, and he knows about music. And when I say that, I mean he has really good taste," Dafoe told Deadline bit.ly/3Hgz4qJImage
Read 5 tweets
Dec 13, 2023
Andre Braugher Dies: Star Of ‘Homicide: Life On The Street’, ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ & Other Series And Films Was 61 bit.ly/3GEiGQz
For eight seasons, Braugher starred alongside Andy Samberg in the hit comedy series Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and he won two Critics Choice Awards for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series and received four Emmy Award nominations for his role as Captain Ray Holt in the series bit.ly/3GEiGQzImage
While Braugher peppered his resume with comedies, many will remember him for his ferocious portrayal as Detective Frank Pembleton in the NBC drama Homicide: Life on the Street. He won an Emmy for that show he starred in from 1992-98 and Homicide is also where he met his wife, actress Ami Brabson bit.ly/3GEiGQzImage
Read 4 tweets
Jul 25, 2023
'Days Of Our Lives' Staff Cuts & Work Environment Scrutinized As Co-EP Albert Alarr Faced Misconduct Investigation https://t.co/F55sWiqeF7deadline.com/2023/07/days-o…
According to sources, the nine-week investigation, was triggered by a complaint related to a recent round of layoffs. Filed by a female employee, it alleged that women had been disproportionally impacted by the cuts and were not receiving equal pay deadline.com/2023/07/days-o…
Conducted by DoOL distributor Sony Pictures Television, the investigation evolved after misconduct allegations against Alarr were raised, Deadline has learned. About 30-40 people — primarily women — were interviewed, according to multiple sources deadline.com/2023/07/days-o…
Read 4 tweets
May 24, 2023
Angela Bassett Remembers Tina Turner: She “Showed Others Who Lived In Fear What A Beautiful Future Filled With Love, Compassion, And Freedom Should Look Like” deadline.com/2023/05/angela…
“How do we say farewell to a woman who owned her pain and trauma and used it as a means to help change the world?,” Bassett said in a statement provided to Deadline deadline.com/2023/05/angela…
“Through her courage in telling her story, her commitment to stay the course in her life, no matter the sacrifice, and her determination to carve out a space in rock and roll for herself and for others who look like her, Tina Turner showed others who lived in fear what a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 5 tweets
May 24, 2023
Tina Turner, known as the Queen of Rock’n Roll for her blistering performances and powerfully gritty vocals, died today after a long illness at her home in Küsnacht near Zurich, Switzerland. She was 83 deadline.com/2023/05/tina-t…
Born Anna Mae Bullock on November 26, 1939, in Nutbush, Tennessee, Turner became famous in the late 1960s as the singer of the Ike & Tina Turner Revue deadline.com/2023/05/tina-t…
After leaving husband Ike Turner following years of physical and emotional abuse, she staged what remains one of the greatest comebacks in pop music history, scoring massive hits in the 1980s such as “What’s Love Got To Do With it”, “Private Dancer” and “The Best”, with more than… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(