D.od Profile picture
Oct 20, 2022 10 tweets 7 min read Read on X
Last review of the day:)

📍Hero Restaurant - Trademark Hotel, Village Market

I’ve been to Hero a couple of times between last year & this year & always had a fantastic time there😃 #nairobieats
The food was great, the service was on point and the place just has great vibes! I had prawn tempura (quite large ones) which I feel had way too much batter tempura wise but all in all a good fleshy prawn on the inside… #nairobieats
I also had some very soft, flavourful lamb chops that was paired with a tangy sauce and some fries:) I know it’s a sushi place but I don’t eat sushi so didn’t try any but @KipronoLeting did and he absolutely loved it👌🏾 #nairobieats
Can’t remember the name of the roll but it had papaya in it and the theatrical presentation was👌🏾 #nairobieats twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
Tried one of their many homemade ice creams for dessert - the roasted maize ice cream which literally tastes like mahindi ya barabara with a touch of cayenne that surprises you at the end of every spoonful. Love this ice cream! #nairobieats
Forgot to add a pic of the lamb chops:) #nairobieats
I really like that the waiter serving your table signs and gives you a postcard with a superhero on the cover, again nice touch:) Reagan was such a delight, I don’t know if he’s still there but if he is msalimie mkienda hapo🤗 #nairobieats
The prices are so steep though🥲 Don’t go there on a whim please lol, go prepared with money to spend, the cheapest thing there is probably the aji garlic fries that go for 500/ #nairobieats
On my last visit here a few months ago, I tried their crispy chicken Bao buns & the rest of the party had sushi… the Bao buns were too dry for my liking😬 Made up for it with that yummy ice cream for dessert again🙈 #nairobieats
Overall Hero is a fun culinary experience, would love to go back and try more of their menu items:) #nairobieats

Rating:
Food:⭐️⭐️⭐️(.5 for that ice cream:)
Service:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Ambience:⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with D.od

D.od Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @dodmichaela

Nov 30, 2023
Today’s review is a sweet one🍨

📍 𝙎𝙣𝙤 𝘾𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢 - 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙞𝙖 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙚𝙚𝙩

If you haven’t gone to Sno Cream & you live in Nairobi, I need you to go there now. Like right now. Close that laptop & head there so you can have the classic Sno Cream experience. #nairobieats Image
Sno Cream is possibly the oldest ice cream parlour in Kenya & actually has a branch in Dar es Salaam that is just as old & still in operation as well. It was opened in 1958🙊 by a British man who soon sold it to an Indian family in the 1960s #nairobieats Image
It’s been a family run business ever since.

I’ve been going to Sno Cream from a very young age, I can’t recall a Sunday afternoon that went by without an ice cream cone in my hand. My parents have been going to Sno Cream since back in the day too😄 #nairobieats
Read 22 tweets
Apr 13, 2023
I’m early today, yay!

📍Silk Noodles - Shanshui Hotel, Kilimani

Been itching to try this place for ages so when @_wangwe decided to be outside, this became our very belated lunch plan:) The location isn’t hard to find thanks to the big sign right at the entrance. #nairobieats Image
Ambience wise the place is nothing to write home about which is PERFECT because it means they’re putting all their focus in the food😉 #nairobieats Image
We got started with some chicken dumplings (1000/), I didn’t know that an order of dumplings meant we get 20 of them😮‍💨 I’m so used to the 6 we get at Japanese restaurants lol… #nairobieats Image
Read 19 tweets
Jan 5, 2023
First review of the year!

📍The Spring Noshery- @SaritYourCity

The Spring Noshery has been on my list for a while but I don’t frequent Sarit Centre often so never got a chance to visit until just recently. It’s located in the new wing, 2nd floor I believe. #nairobieats
They have a wider breakfast menu and a more limited lunch/dinner menu. I wanted to try their crepes (750/) because you don’t find crepes in most restaurants, it’s usually just pancakes. My friend had their signature Belgian waffle (850/) #nairobieats
The crepes were so good & filling! I didn’t think I’d be full because thin pancakes can only do so much but four of them stuffed with strawberries & Nutella plus a side of bacon… that’s quite a meal😅 love that they added raspberries & blueberries too, always here for more fruit
Read 9 tweets
Nov 17, 2022
Talking about a great gem today…

📍Unseen Nairobi - Kilimani

A rooftop cinema, cafe AND bar, Unseen was a fantastic find and it’s become a place I visit often when I need a change of work scenery:) #nairobieats
Had a nice little date here with @DushyKuria one time and we really enjoyed the food there. We had the pork bao buns, kimchi grilled cheese sandwich, potato croquettes & Korean fried chicken (my fave!). #nairobieats
Loved the Korean chicken and the bao buns the best, so flavourful, so filling! The kimchi sandwich was a bit too salty for both of us😬 #nairobieats
Read 7 tweets
Nov 3, 2022
So today we are talking about the famous…

📍Red Ginger - Parklands

1st of all, this place is so massive! Feels like a mall that has just the one restaurant lol. And it gets crazy packed - make reservations beforehand if you can. #nairobieats
They have an expansive menu filled with traditional Indian dishes, Indian bbq and oriental dishes as well. #nairobieats
We had bhajiaz, chicken tikka, some butter naan & garlic naan, also tried the butter chicken, palak paneer & cheesecake for dessert. #nairobieats
Read 9 tweets
Oct 27, 2022
Let’s start with a place that really surprised me😃

📍The Daily Cafe Bistro - Hurlingham

Just to note - they only have brunch at their hurlingham branch and not their Gigiri branch. I was also surprised to find out their hurlingham branch is in Doctor’s Plaza... #nairobieats
It’s a really cute spot, their decor is A1👌🏾 They have quite an extensive menu, with breakfast all day! I had waffles and a side of bacon, which came with some fruit & way too little whipped cream…(America spoiled me clearly lol, why was it just a drop of cream??🥲) #nairobieats
I liked my meal but would have liked a better serving of whipped cream.

@AbigailArunga had the King breakfast that was a full plate of mushrooms, an omelette, baked beans, sausage, bacon, buttermilk pancakes… I’ve probably forgotten something because it was a lot of items😅
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(