[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (1)

ENGAGE with 😲
1. "Target the hearts of fans"...RM, mischievous V
πŸ”—naver.me/xD6Krpwj

2. BTS RM's "Heart above the head for ARMY"
πŸ”—naver.me/x9cZMCRr

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (2)

ENGAGE with 😲
3. BTS RM's "Big Heart"
πŸ”—naver.me/Fyx108tS

4. "Send it to ARMY".RM, a heart full of love
πŸ”—naver.me/xFr9mYk8

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (3)

ENGAGE with 😲
5. BTS RM's "Welcome home, hand greeting."
πŸ”—naver.me/xBhYt5gG

6. "It's so nice to meet you.RM, nice greetings
πŸ”—naver.me/5Isg3lmL

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (4)

ENGAGE with 😲
7. BTS RM, "Returning home after finishing his overseas schedule."
πŸ”—naver.me/xBhYtpZV

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (5)

ENGAGE with 😲
8. BTS RM's "Exciting Return to Korea"
πŸ”—naver.me/F2YFMFvA

9. BTS RM's "BTS leader's cool hand gesture"
πŸ”—naver.me/59N2hvAr

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (6)

ENGAGE with 😲
10. BTS RM's "Entering the country with a greeting."
πŸ”—naver.me/IMpVLUkc

11. BTS RM's Photo
πŸ”—naver.me/xLEaIs2K

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (7)

ENGAGE with 😲
12. BTS RM's "Incoming greeting to ARMY"
πŸ”—naver.me/Ggu24Uab

13. BTS RM, "Thank you for coming to meet, ARMY."
πŸ”—naver.me/GPFvK2cM

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (8)

ENGAGE with 😲
14. BTS RM, "ARMY, I love you"
πŸ”—naver.me/5zof0zMp

15. BTS RM's "Greetings"
πŸ”—naver.me/Gz1beltO

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (9)

ENGAGE with 😲
15. BTS RM, "ARMY, I'm here!"
πŸ”—naver.me/GmVSd1cn

16. BTS RM, see you on December 5th!
πŸ”—naver.me/GjG3A1ib

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (10)

ENGAGE with 😲
17. BTS RM, "Hip from head to toe"
πŸ”—naver.me/GQYc2OVD

18. BTS RM, "Even if you're tired, greet like a WORLD KLASS."
πŸ”—naver.me/F4tXu5yi

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (11)

ENGAGE with 😲
19. BTS RM, thank you for coming~'
πŸ”—naver.me/5i04rjFV

20. BTS RM, "Swag of the World Klass"
πŸ”—naver.me/5eTeC81h

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (12)

ENGAGE with 😲
21. BTS RM, "ARMY, I missed you"
πŸ”—naver.me/FU9rIkAk

22. BTS RM, "A mischievous fashion with a hat on the back"
πŸ”—naver.me/FBDkC4a8

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (13)

ENGAGE with 😲
23. BTS RM, Hearts for ARMY.
πŸ”—naver.me/FjjlIO2W

24. "Always sweet".RM, kind leader
πŸ”—naver.me/FsKkb0xI

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (14)

ENGAGE with 😲
25. BTS RM, "Excited leader, will cheer for Korea World Cup."
πŸ”—naver.me/xWi1vGWG

26. BTS RM, "As soon as I see ARMY, my hand automatically rises"
πŸ”—naver.me/x1gDfqd5

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (15)

ENGAGE with 😲
27. BTS RM, "World Class Boyfriend Look"
πŸ”—naver.me/FVbiNFt7

28. BTS RM, "The mood is complete with sunglasses"
πŸ”—naver.me/F5FXhJr8

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt
[PRESS PHOTOS] 11242022 RM Arrival at Incheon Airport (16)

ENGAGE with 😲
29. BTS RM, "Smile with eyes under the sunglasses"
πŸ”—naver.me/GfMPzLtc

30. BTS RM, "Heart for ARMY"
πŸ”—naver.me/Gz1be07v

WELCOME BACK NAMJOON
#RM #남쀀 #BTS @BTS_twt

β€’ β€’ β€’

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
γ€€

Keep Current with π—₯𝗠 π—‘π—˜π—ͺ𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗔 Κ³α΅–Κ·α΅–

π—₯𝗠 π—‘π—˜π—ͺ𝗦 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗔 Κ³α΅–Κ·α΅– Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @rmnewsdata

Dec 14, 2023
πŸ“° | (1) Isak Choi : [Rollingstone Korea] RM's stroke (+review)

(Rolling Stone Article will be link below. This will start from Isak Choi a Rolling Stone Korea Writer review)

[Review]

After [INDIGO] was released, I always wanted to write a review for RM's Chapter 2, but there were so many great columns and interviews that I didn't feel the need to say anything.

Still, I thought I should write something someday. I was contemplating it, and one day in August, I, a complete non-fan and a friend pursuing a master's degree in contemporary art in the United States, saw a story on their Instagram saying something like, "Thank you so much, RM." It seems that as a Korean majoring in art, there was something helpful they received due to the positive influence RM has had on Korean culture.

At that time, I felt a sense of crisis or urgency. I realized I couldn't just gloss over what RM has achieved; I need to properly delve into it. I must write a piece explaining what exactly I'm grateful for and why. It's essential to acknowledge and highlight the hard work RM has put in. Interestingly, I've heard from my non-fan friends that RM is really impressive these days. I wanted to explore why he is perceived that way, so I began writing.

Reflecting on the lyrics, "A life that has become greater than my fountain pen," I wondered if I was being too grandiose. In fact, I hesitated, but this isn't just praise; it's a fact. Still, I tried to tone it down in my own way while writing.

-

Strokes of RM

The title 'Strokes of RM' is derived from the brush strokes of King Jeongjo.

The exhibition of calligraphy on the second floor of the Leeum Museum of Art's Old Art Gallery starts with this painting. We went to see the exhibition "Willow Drum Oriole" and see it together. It was used hundreds of years ago, but does it feel vividly like a boldness and spirit?! When asked why he built the Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, he said, "What is beautiful is strong." Strong to be beautiful, beautiful to be strong. They all remind us of RM.

Kim Hong-do's "Gunseondo," which was on the same floor, was also very impressive. I thought Kim Hong-do was only an artist who captured Joseon's idyllic customs as he was an outsider in art. Seeing this work, which is so powerful and beautiful, I felt that my lazy soul who lives all the time lying down and watching Reels was also on fire. That's what art is like.

Anyway, after seeing these two works, I thought that pioneers with strong strokes open up a new era. Also, seeing the powerful 'strokes' that RM is displaying now, I believe he is ushering in a new era.

With this perception, it became clear to me how RM has brought about change in Korean culture. Through various activities and statements related to RM's pride in Korean culture, and the persuasive power and emotion generated by the force of his existence, both Koreans and foreigners have come to perceive and embrace Korean culture in a new and positive light.

RM's pride in Korean culture resonates with the times, reigniting the discussion of whether 'the most Korean thing is the most global.' It is not an exaggeration to say that RM has opened a new horizon for this debate, fueled by the success of 'K.'

Is the most Korean thing the most global thing? There have always been figures raising this question, but I believe the decisive reason no one has made as much impact as RM is not due to his popularity alone, but because of the strength in RM's perspective.

+Image
(2)

What sets RM apart? First, he embraces Korean culture, and I consider this perspective to be groundbreaking. For Koreans, the homeland has always been a country that is difficult to view positivelyβ€”long working hours, fierce competition, ranking first in suicide rates among OECD countries, leading in gender pay gap, highest elderly poverty rate. It's a country with the lowest birth rate globally, where everyone seems to be grappling with burnout.

In my case, patriotism used to surge only when we won the soccer match against Japan, but now I feel that many people have pride specifically in our culture. Pride is a sophisticated and noble emotion. I believe this irreplaceable sentiment, which can't be bought with a fortune, is shaped by the positive perspective of RM, the leader of BTS. RM, like everyone else, grew up in the competitive and harsh environment of "Hell Joseon." Despite that, the reason for his unique perspective is, I think, because he places the origins of music in love. He always talks about love.

Secondly, RM defines Korean culture as a deeper and longer chronicle. Many, including myself, have perceived Korean culture in a very brief manner. Countless cultural heritages were destroyed during the Japanese colonial era and the Korean War. Subsequently, as the economy developed, many considered the urbanized appearance of Korea after its economic prosperity as the entirety of Korean identity. Due to perceiving the present as a city that changes everything when you sleep and wake up, K-pop has been thought of as a separable product of prosperous and well-living modern Korea without historical depth.

However, RM connects K-pop and Korean culture. He quotes Kim Gu's "My Desire" and tirelessly states, "Today, we are here thanks to the efforts of many who have tried to convey the greatness of Korean culture," and "I will carry a sense of mission to further expand and broaden the greatness and potential of Korean culture." In doing so, he weaves the chronicles of K-pop into Korean culture. This spreads the pride felt through BTS as pride in Korean culture. Moreover, he actively collects artworks from modern and contemporary Korean artists, continues to organize exhibitions featuring loaned pieces, and remains engaged in relevant charitable contributions.

As one of the most famous Koreans worldwide, RM has engaged in these activities, leading many to embrace Korean culture more extensively, deeply, three-dimensionally, and interestingly. This is an achievement of none other than RM, the leader of BTS. It's something anyone and everyone can't accomplish. Watching him, I found myself asking the question for the first time in my life, "Is Korean culture great?" In truth, I haven't found the answer yet, but RM has planted a question in me that no one else has ever asked. We encounter numerous questions in life, but very few manage to prompt us to find the answers within ourselves.

As RM exerts significant influence in the Korean cultural scene, many people inquire about Korean culture and his art collection during interviews. Every time, RM delivers impressive answers. He not only answers endlessly but also poses questions to the public. He is not just someone who speaks well; he is someone who asks questions, and he does it remarkably and elegantly. Elegance and poiseβ€”these, too, are not qualities just anyone can possess.

The reason RM was present on the first day of Frieze Seoul, where the Leeum Museum, boasting numerous national treasures, had to showcase its power, vision, and relevance, is because the young artist RM, with his reputation, prowess, contemporaneity, and trajectory, holds immense cultural significance and background. Above all, he exudes poise and elegance.

+Image
(3)

On the first day of Frieze Seoul Week, showcasing the modern essence of the Korean cultural scene, the presence of the young musician with fame, prowess, contemporaneity, and trajectory reached the pinnacle of attention. Standing in a space where a prestigious art museum with numerous national treasures displayed its vision and capabilities, the arrival of this artist stirred and resonated with the audience.

To talk a little more about the exhibition, Jeongjo's work is displayed in a very impressive location.

First, the ancient art exhibition starts from the fourth floor and goes downstairs. The fourth floor is Goryeo celadon, and the third floor is a display of Buncheong celadon and white porcelain from the Joseon Dynasty. It starts with Goryeo celadon, which is a delicate and beautiful property of an aristocrat, and then spreads to the people and connects to white porcelain with various facial expressions. I think many visitors have probably experienced the turbulent times of history in a short period of time through these two floors and have a compressed experience of blooming culture.

And when I went down to the second floor, there was Jeongjo's work. As the exhibition was connected to period-age-person, Jeongjo's stroke couldn't help but be more impressive. When I arrived in front of this painting, it felt as if thousands of years of history had passed and bloomed, returned and blossomed, creating one person. The 'person' was probably Jeongjo for the curator at the Leeum Museum, and RM for me.

"RM's stroke" is an article written by receiving thoughts and emotions that wrapped around the body for a while while staying in front of King Jeongjo's calligraphy.

--
Seoulite, RM

In RM's music, there is Seoul. He dives into the moments of life like an impressionist painter, capturing the landscapes of Seonyudo and Hannam-dong, the sound of cicadas, the sigh of a taxi driver, and the rich wind on a bicycle in a single canvas. So, when you listen to his music, it feels like strolling through the city of RM. And like any city, RM's music has its unique soul and pace.

Originally, this was intended to be the opening of the article. I often think that if one were to personify Seoul most splendidly, it would be RM. While his hometown is, of course, Ilsan, living away from one's hometown is a significant part of the identity of a big city. His music encapsulates the physical and emotional landscapes of Seoulβ€”the place I live, the place I exist, and sometimes the place where I am not myself. Thanks to this vivid empathy, even when listening to "," you can feel Seoul.

So, I initially intended to write an article focusing on urbanity and providing a comprehensive review of his music. However, after changing the concept to 'Strokes of RM,' I decided to abandon it altogether. Partly because the content didn't flow well, and there was a mismatch in the artistic style. RM's strokes have an Eastern painting feel, and if I were to write about Seoulite RM, I would have to liken him to an impressionist painter.

He does what Charles Baudelaire defined and described as "bringing forth the poetic in what fashion includes, extracting the eternal from the transitory," as he defined modernity in "The Painter of Modern Life."

In the main text, I quoted a passage from "The Painter of Modern Life," but if the title were 'Seoulite, RM,' I might have applied a different excerpt.

He embodies the identity expressed by Charles Baudelaire in "The Painter of Modern Life" describing the impressionist painter as "the solitary individual crossing the desert of giant beings."

"the solitary individual crossing the desert of giant beings"

Reading this sentence, it felt like the image of RM on the stage of '' was overlapping.

Because of this passage, I likened RM's closely shaved head to not a "soldier" but to a practitioner.

I hope to write someday with the title 'Seoulite, RM.'

+Image
Read 6 tweets
Sep 27, 2023
πŸ“° ROLLING STONE KOREA | RM's Stroke

RM is currently the most interesting and influential figure in the K-pop scene. It's a rare feat to possess both interest and influence simultaneously. He is a conqueror who has shaped the landscape of this scene and a challenger who + Image
stands out and shakes the stage.

RM's pride in Korean culture resonates with the times, raising the thought-provoking question: 'Is the most Korean thing also the most global?' The horizon of this discussion, reignited by the success of 'K,' owes much to RM. Image
RM creates the 'power of high culture.' With his influence, RM adds fertilizer to the roots of history and nurtures Korean culture more profoundly. His recent musical endeavors align with this mission.

Since the launch of BTS's 'Chapter 2' plan, focused + Image
Read 6 tweets
Sep 7, 2023
πŸ“° | The Hwarot restored with the donation from BTS leader RM is now on display @ the National Palace Museum.

Starting on the 15th, a special exhibition titled Blooming Hwarot: Bridal Robes of The Joseon Royal Court will be held at the National Palace Museum.

According to the +
National Palace Museum, from the 15th to December 13th, you can see the beautiful Hwarot attire in the National Palace Museum's second-floor exhibition hall, decorated with various embroideries and gold leaf on crimson silk, this Hwarot attire was widely worn from the royal +
family to the common people, becoming everyone's wedding attire.

In this exhibition, 9 pieces of Joseon-era Hwarot attire will be unveiled, including the Hwarot attire worn by Princess Bokon, the second daughter of King Sunjo, as well as Hwarot attire owned by the Los Angeles +
Read 8 tweets
Dec 8, 2022
[πŸ“°] K-Media: [Personality] BTS leader RM’s self-reflection ahead of his 30s

10 years is not just a period of change for mountains and rivers. People change too. Just like the grass and trees, mountains and streams that change over time, people's values, thoughts, and habits +
change over time too.

BTS leader RM's first official solo album is a work that exhibits such a human change. The album 'Indigo' is a work in which a boy who dreamed of being both a poet and a rapper in his teens achieved that dream in his 20s, and then returned to 'I/me" at +
the age of nine and released the emotions he faced when he was about to turn 30.

In other words, the story of what I want to be, the story of trying to liberate "I who is trapped in me" is melted into this album. I'm locking myself up. To borrow Balzac's expression, it may be + Image
Read 8 tweets
Dec 1, 2022
[πŸ“°] K-Media: BTS RM selected as 35 innovators for ArtNet

RM (Kim Nam-joon, 28), the leader of BTS, a renowned art lover, is the only Korean to be selected among the 35 innovators in the art world selected by Artnet, a world-renowned art magazine.

In 2020, ArtNet News +
selected leading artists, dealers, and entrepreneurs in the art world and released a list of 35 people, and released its second list this year. The 35 innovators range in age from 28 to 73, and include a variety of people from New York, London, Hong Kong, Cape Town, Bangkok, +
Nairobi and Guatemala City. It includes young artists, galleryists, and a K-pop star.

RM is also known as a world-renowned musician and collector. He is an avid collector of works by Korean artists such as Lee Dae-won and Kim Chong-hak, as well as KAWS and Takashi Murakami. He +
Read 10 tweets
Nov 30, 2022
[πŸ“°] K-Media: "Solo warm-up" BTS RM's "Bicycle" Top Song iTunes ranked first in 26 countries

RM (Kim Nam-joon, 29)'s music world, which will be unfolded in earnest. Even the Solo warm-up is perfect.

Ahead of the release of the group's BTS RM's first solo album, the response +
to his previous solo song is also hot.

RM's solo song "Bicycle" topped the iTunes "Top Song" chart in 26 countries and regions around the world as of 12 p.m. on the 30th.

Written and composed by RM himself, "Bicycle" was announced through the global music platform SoundCloud +
in June last year, and the music was released through Melon, Genie, Bugs, Apple Music, and YouTube Music on the 29th before the release of "Indigo."

Ahead of the release of his first official solo album "Indigo," RM raised the mood by releasing various contents such as mood +
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(