me every damn day at work and condensing the descriptions into two- to three-word names haha elephant memory, a medium neutral gray   bison migration, a sweet mint, a pastel blue-green skyscraper, a light warm grabrick toast, a medium warm brown mauvelous, a soft dusty mausunset coral, an earthy orange bosque misterioso, a green-to
ok all, from now on my color matches with paint names are gonna go in the tag #TheAutumnGraceCollection, “autumn grace” being of course an extremely HGTV-worthy translation of my chinese name that makes this all sound very boutique décor
#TheAutumnGraceCollection 0107 KB, Chaparral Jade, a muted green-gray, evoking rolling hills of coastal sagebrush on an overcast day
#TheAutumnGraceCollection 0109 KB, Gentle Fawn, a muted greige with a hint of warmth to it, reminiscent of the soft fur of a baby deer
by the way, these are real paint colors that you can totally buy (though the color swatch on a screen is only an approximation). the codes reference my formulas for them #TheAutumnGraceCollection
#TheAutumnGraceCollection 0104 KB, Damascus Steel, an elegant gray with just a touch of warmth, reflecting the craft and artistry of west asian forged blades
№ 0095 KB
DEEP IN THE FOREST

a rich, vivid, emerald green, so dark as to appear almost black, evoking the shadows cast by dense growths of pines

#TheAutumnGraceCollection
№ 0201 KB
LIBRARY MANUSCRIPT

a welcoming creamy yellow, like heavy paper with a tooth that brushes against your fingertips just long enough to leave you scented with the perfume of old books

#TheAutumnGraceCollection

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with maiden china 🎊🧧🐉 S. Qiōuyì Lù

maiden china 🎊🧧🐉 S. Qiōuyì Lù Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @sqiouyilu

Oct 9, 2023
a lot of people define cuisines by what they see in restaurants, but another way I like to understand people’s food heritages is “what food would your mom make for you when she’s sooooooo so tired, but still has to feed her kids?” (or whoever did most of the caretaking)
that question indexes Staple

other questions I like (change terms as appropriate):

• what food would your mom make for you if you’re sick? (indexes Bland)

• what food would your mom make for you when she’s just feeling so happy to see her kid? (usually indexes Fancy/Effort)
my answers are:

(1) when my mom is sooooo tired: instant noodle with egg cracked in and whatever veggie is in fridge

(2) when I'm sick: congee

(3) when she's so happy to see me: sweet & sour spare ribs (糖醋排骨) (usually takes at least a couple hours for sauce to render)
Read 6 tweets
Jul 20, 2023
sometimes I wonder if PCOS isn’t more widely considered an intersex condition because that would make being intersex even more common and people would have to reckon with that
with PCOS it’s less nonconsensual medical interventions like surgery, but there is a common experience of medical neglect due to ideas of how a uterus should function wrt gender (i.e., be fertile only)
there’s also bodily autonomy denied bc people are deemed too young or inexperienced to know they want sterilization, and misinformation about how your own body is supposed to work and what’s normal or not normal
Read 8 tweets
Jun 5, 2023
the idea of “last wilderness” is inherently colonial
ever defining a frontier
when there is a frontier, there is a place to seize more space

also like how can the ocean be earth’s last wilderness when there’s so much terrestrial wilderness and people die in it all the time _because_ there’s no one else around
Read 10 tweets
Jun 5, 2023
western medicine is just beginning to recognize that inflammation exists and gut health is a foundation of all health, and meanwhile thousands of years of chinese medicine are like “to reduce fire in your body, eat cool foods”
me ben affleck smoking at the pain of trying to eat more cool foods and cut down on stuff that 上火
pissed off that people think guasha is some twee shit but hey at least it means I was able to get cultural tools from ross for $5 that are effective for self-massage
Read 16 tweets
Jun 5, 2023
my navel hangs a full 4 inches lower when I don’t focus on pulling in my core and straightening my back. that’s an 18° increase in spine curvature, if I did my trigonometry correctly
corsets improved my pain but apparently my spinal curve is so severe that that’s probably what *actually* snapped steel, TWICE
people were always like “noooo you can’t wear a brace all the time it’ll weaken your muscles” and now I’m reading “people with lordosis often need a brace for 20 hours a day”
Read 5 tweets
Jun 5, 2023
ughhhhhhhhhh using physics and chemistry knowledge to think about bodies and how low air pressure precedes storms and also worsens inflammation because your body has more room to expand and put pressure on joints
let me be a taut high-pressure meatskin blood balloon with properly elastic joints
we’re like 60% water and I guess when a storm is coming we are wilted sad little floppy stems and after water comes down to rehydrate we are turgid blood blooms. makes sense
Read 7 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(