Healthcare is a captured industry Part 2

Physician medical associations are lobbying groups run by doctors to advocate for their specialty.

Associations create the guidelines for their colleagues and have tremendous power over how the field operates.

It's a corrupt scam 🧵
The influence these associations wield cannot be overstated.

If they decide a treatment is the "Gold Standard," it makes alternative therapies "dangerous" to recommend. It opens physicians up to lawsuits, license challenges, and bureaucracy.

Their corruption is overt.
1) American Heart Association (AHA)

This association has existed since the clearly 1900s. In the 1940s it blew up after being supported by Procter and Gamble.

Why would a multinational manufacturing company support the AHA?
The AHA declared trans fat margarine (Crisco) was healthier than saturated fats.

P&G originally patented this product to make soap. That didn't work so they decided people should eat it instead.

The AHA agreed, and trans fats became a staple in the American diet.
We now know trans fats are probably the least healthy foods on the planet. They are no longer make them for human consumption. But the damage is done.

Why would the AHA make such an egregious error?

Their funding, of course!
The AHA is heavily supported by Big Pharma and Big Ag like P&G. I have linked an older article on their funding sources below.

By the way, now they're a partner of Klaus Schwab and the World Economic Forum.

huffpost.com/entry/health-n…
2) America Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)

Surely this association has your children's best interests at heart, right?

The recommended vaccine list keeps growing for the wellbeing of kids, right?

Their stance on "gender affirmative care" is organic, right?
I wouldn't be so sure.

The AAP has some powerful corporate sponsors with a vested interest in their dictates.

Abbott and Mead Johnson are two of the largest infant formula manufacturers.

They're also their biggest supporters.
Oh, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation supports them too. Which may help explain their stance on Gender Affirmative Care.

Which I have linked below.

publications.aap.org/pediatrics/art…
Their corporate sponsors are the biggest drug and vaccine manufacturers in the world.

Maybe that's a conflict of interest.
3) American Academy of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE)

This association is one of the leaders in the battle against diabetes.

They're a newer organization so surely they can't be as corrupted, right?
Wrong.

They are funded by the same companies who make diabetes medications.

Surprise, surprise.
4) American Diabetes Association (ADA)

This association is a behemoth. They've got their name everywhere. Their purpose is to reduce or eliminate diabetes.

Wait, don't tell me the ADA is...
Yep. Also corrupt. The ADA is no better than the AACE.

The worlds leading manufacturers of insulin and antidiabetic medications sponsor the ADA.

If the ADA recommends lifestyle modifications instead of drugs, these companies lose billions.
5) American Medical Association (AMA)

We've saved the best for last. The AMA is the preeminent physician lobbying organization.

They are the most powerful and most influential by a longshot.

They've been around since the 1800s.
The AMA is smart.

They donate to both Republicans and Democrats. The end goal is always the same.

If you've wondered why healthcare never changes, the AMA is a good place to start.

They're making about $300,000,00 per year under the current system.
Here's a link to their corporate sponsor page.

The "Gold Roundtable" sponsor is their biggest – PHRMA

PHRMA is a huge lobbying group for Big Pharma.

Their board includes CEOs of Biogen, J&J, Merck, Novartis, and former congressmen.

amafoundation.org/donors/corpora…
The "Silver Roundtable" is more of the same.

Can you trust an organization funded by the very companies set to make billions from their recommendations?

That's up to you.
Keep in mind, the AMA is one of the biggest sponsors of Medical Schools.

They have tremendous influence over what gets taught and what doesn't.

They have an effective monopoly in this field. They capture the physicians early.
Does any of this prove corruption?

Follow the money.

Why would multinational corporations fund these associations if it didn't maximize shareholder profits?

The corporations control the purse strings of these associations and play them like puppets.
If you found this information useful, get on my substack.

We'll continue to uncover the truth and find ways to be independently healthy.

Docanarchy.substack.com

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Doc Anarchy | Renegade Health Mag

Doc Anarchy | Renegade Health Mag Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @DoctorAnarchist

Mar 12
Microplastics are everywhere. They are ubiquitous. In your water. In your food. In the air you breathe.

Until now, the narrative focused on environmental impacts. That's a mistake.

Microplastics are slowing killing us. Some faster than others.

In this Mega-Thread I'll explain. Image
Microplastics are minuscule pieces of plastic, less than 5 mm in size by definition.

They are made of pretty much anything plastic:
- tires
- clothing
- rubber tubing
- cosmetic products
- anything plastic-based

They are ubiquitous in the environment. How'd they get there? Image
When you throw away a piece of plastic it breaks down. It gets crushed and smashed in the landfill, aerosolized by the clothes dryer, melted into food, you name it.

The plastic is so small it can travel in the air current, water droplets, and ocean currents. Image
Read 18 tweets
Sep 12, 2023
Here's what I would do if I were Aaron Rodgers:

The Jets QB Aaron Rodgers suffered a season-ending Achilles tendon tear. At age 39, this may be a career-ender.

If he wants to play again, he needs to put in the work.

Here's what I would do. Image
I am not your doctor and this isn't medical advice.

The Achilles tendon runs from the back of the calf to the heel. It's a dense band of connective tissue responsible for plantar flexion of the foot.

When it breaks, the ability to lift the foot is limited. Image
1) Retire

Football is a young-man's game. These types of injuries will occur more frequently has he gets older.

He's made his money, won his ring, and proven himself.

Rodgers will never match the 🐐 @TomBrady (especially playing for the vastly inferior Jets).

Just retire. Image
Read 12 tweets
Sep 7, 2023
The Angel of Death

Josef Mengele is the most infamous of the Nazi doctors. He was a butcher. A monster.

And sadly, he was one of the most influential doctors in history.

Let's talk about the legacy of the Nazi doctors. The good, the bad (lots), and the ugly. Image
Josef Mengele earned a cum laude MD from the University of Frankfurt. He was an anthropologist by training and published some unimportant papers on cleft palate.

He joined the SS and was transferred to Auschwitz in 1942, where he continued his research. Image
Mengele personally selected Jews for his experiments. He looked for twins, particularly.

It's widely reported that Mengele enjoyed selecting subjects to torture. Often smiling and whistling while doing so.

Subjects were exposed to horrific experiments. Image
Read 13 tweets
Aug 30, 2023
Galen of Pergamum: Roman Physician and Philosopher

Born circa 129 AD, Galen was a Greek physician whose works influenced medicine for centuries.

He was one of the most renowned thinkers and researchers in Roman history. His legacy exists to this day.

Let's find out why. Image
Galen was a supporter of Hippocrates theory of the "humors"

But he expanded on this theory. He believed human illness was caused by an imbalance of the 4 humors and 4 temperaments:

- blood – sanguine
- black bile – melancholic
- yellow bile – choleric
- phlegm – phlegmatic Image
These temperaments dictated a person's behavior. Sanguine temperaments were extroverted and highly social individuals, and so on.

Galen taught that these personality traits were closely tied to the soul. In fact, the soul is closely tied to the body. Almost inseparable. Image
Read 9 tweets
Aug 16, 2023
Here's what I would do if I was overweight:

Over half the American population is overweight. This ranges from a little chunky to a full-on land whale.

Regardless of where I fell on this spectrum, as a doctor, here are the steps I would take to lose weight. Image
Let's get one thing straight, I am not your doctor. Ask them for medical advice because this isn't it.

We've all found ourselves on the heavier side at some point. How you respond to it is what matters. Follow these steps and you'll be back on track in no time.
1) Systems over Goals

@ScottAdamsSays popularized this idea over a decade ago in "How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big" and @JamesClear drove it home with "Atomic Habits"

Long story short, goals suck. Systems are better. Image
Read 12 tweets
Mar 28, 2023
High testosterone is a heavy burden.

Young men walk through the fire of adolescence and learn to control their testosterone-driven urges to fight and f**k.

Transgender people don't have that life experience. Image
When you start taking exogenous testosterone in your 20s and beyond, you're a fully formed human.

Without guidance, these feelings and impulses can be difficult to control.

We see the same effect in young men who grow up without a father figure to guide them through this time.
High testosterone can manifest itself in negative ways. It amplifies certain emotions and mindsets such as competitiveness.

It's even worse when the dosage is wrong (too high). And much worse when it's a biological female (XX).
Read 5 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(