Anna O. Law Profile picture
Dec 16, 2022 12 tweets 5 min read Read on X
People traditionally do an annual review of their productivity. Here's mine, dishes I added to my repertoire this year, because, ahem, I am not my job. 2022 began w/ me rouxing the day for a seafood gumbo. #poliscicooks 1/
It's not burnt! I made basque cheese cake for the first time. it is caramel-y deliriousness, no crust. bonappetit.com/recipe/basque-… 2/
Lucas Sin's cold sesame noodles were a revelation. Search out Chinese sesame paste, tahini and peanut butter are not good subs. foodandwine.com/recipes/chille… 3/
I sous vided a whole octopus, dried the legs, brushed with EVOO, dusted with pimenton and grilled it for texture. 171F for 4 hours. 4/
I went through a crudo phase. This is salmon sashimi, evoo, salt, ponzu sauce, peach slices and chives. 5/
More crudo, this one is hamachi, sprouts, yuzu kosho, evoo. 6/
Ate a "lasagna" at Kimika in Soho made of a dashi reduction sauce and Korean rice cakes in lieu of pasta. Delicious. foodandwine.com/recipes/crispy… 7/
Made baked apple cider doughnuts for the first time, changes to this recipe: I took 1.5C of cider and boiled to reduce to .5c, dusted with cinnamon and ground cardamom. seattletimes.com/life/food-drin… 8/
Finally, 3 dishes that are not new additions to my repertoire, but they are visually beautiful. Bittersweet molten chocolate cake w/ raspberry coulis. bonappetit.com/recipe/molten-… 9/
And fideuá the Catalan version of paella made of thin pasta instead of rice. cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/101615… Some people rock climb or macrame, I cook to stay sane. Happy holidays, all. FIN/
Oops, got disconnected from the thread, winter citrus salad with watermelon radishes, red onion, pomegranate seeds. Dressing of evoo, citrus juice, pinch cayenne.
One friend saw this thread and said I "don't live the life of a typical academic." I don't expect everyone to cook as much as me, but I do hope you are not all work all the time and something else that is not work brings you joy. Life is too short.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Anna O. Law

Anna O. Law Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(