THE EYES OF BAT Profile picture
Feb 17, 2023 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
In an opinion piece that was published in The Economist on Wednesday. Asiwaju noted “Over-reliance on oil has distorted Nigeria’s development. A country of over 200 million people cannot hinge its development on a single commodity. #RenewedHope23
We must focus on industrialisation and technological innovation, especially since Nigeria is already the top African destination for startup funding,” he said. #RenewedHope23
We will end the harmful fuel subsidy, estimated to have cost $7.5bn in the first half of 2023. The funds will be more productively used in joint investments with the private sector to create jobs in infrastructure, health care, education, and agriculture. #RenewedHope23
“Nigeria has one of the world’s lowest tax to GDP ratios. We need not increase rates, but improve compliance by overhauling the system and deploying information technology to boost efficiency. #RenewedHope2023
Tied with effective delivery of public services and infrastructure, a virtuous cycle of buy-in from businesses and citizens will strengthen the social contract and place federal revenues on a more sustainable footing.” #RenewedHope2023

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with THE EYES OF BAT

THE EYES OF BAT Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @THEEYESOFBAT

Mar 16, 2023
Nigeria : At the Cusp of Renewed Hope Image
A fair, credible election has been held and has been won. The honor of that victory and the steep responsibility it entails has fallen on me. I say this not to gloat or boast because there is no room for such behavior. I merely state the facts as they are.
I realize many good and well-meaning Nigerians voted for other candidates. They are naturally disappointed that their favored candidate did not win.
Read 43 tweets
Mar 2, 2023
WE WILL MEET MR. PETER OBI IN COURT
We watched with dismay today's press conference addressed by the Presidential candidate of Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi where he made very weird and wild claims about the outcome of the just concluded Presidential and National Assembly elections, an election in which he…
… emerged a second runner up, according to the result declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
Read 29 tweets
Mar 2, 2023
PETER OBI SHOULD NOT MISLEAD THE GULLIBLE, HE DID NOT WIN THE 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION
We make this brief statement in reaction to the Press briefing held earlier today by the defeated candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, wherein (in his now well-acknowledged penchant for spewing falsehood) he made the outlandish claim before the world that he won the…
… 2023 Presidential Election, but he was robbed of the victory.
Read 16 tweets
Mar 2, 2023
I'll work hard from day one, Tinubu assures Nigerians

...Says he will run a fair, just govt Image
President-elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has promised to hit the ground running from his first day in office in order to deliver on his campaign promises.

Tinubu also reiterated his promise to run a fair and inclusive administration that would unite all Nigerians.
The President-elect spoke on Thursday in Abuja when he received members of the National Working Committee (NWC) of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), who were on a congratulatory visit to his residence in Abuja.
Read 13 tweets
Mar 2, 2023
Tinubu extols Pastor Adeboye's virtues at 81
President-elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has sent special birthday goodwill message to Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God on his 81 birthday anniversary.
The President-elect in his goodwill message noted that Pastor Adeboye has been a tremendous blessing to Nigeria, Africa and the world with his ministerial work as an influential preacher and leader.
Read 9 tweets
Mar 2, 2023
I’m happy Tinubu is elected president in my lifetime — he is the man for the job — IBB
I have no doubt that Tinubu would perform as the President of Nigeria. For some of us who have been there before, I know that there is still more work to be done and I believe that Tinubu has what it takes to take Nigeria to the next level.
We have much potential as a nation. What we need is a good direction so that we can continue to be seen as the giant of Africa. Indeed our best is yet to come but we can get to where we ought to be with determination and commitment
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(