Humza Yousaf Profile picture
Mar 12, 2023 47 tweets 33 min read Read on X
I'll deliver for the North East:

1️⃣ Make Aberdeen Net Zero Capital of Europe
2️⃣ Just Transition, Green Revolution & green jobs
3️⃣ Invest in NE transport & infrastructure
4️⃣ Dedicated Small Business & Innovation Minister
5️⃣ Wellbeing Economy for fair work

#HumzaForScotland I'll deliver for the North ...
Absolutely delighted to have the support of so many @theSNP members in Aberdeen and across the North East, ahead of today's hustings.

I'll put the North East at the centre of my plans to secure a greener, wealthier and energy secure future for Scotland.

#HumzaForScotland Humza Yousaf MSP with SNP s...
.@StephenFlynnSNP:

"Humza is someone I can get behind..he offers hope for a better future...his childcare plans have the potential to be transformative.

“He recognises the need for energy security & the Just Transition...which will protect jobs in Aberdeen."

#HumzaForScotland .@StephenFlynnSNP:  "H...
Alan Petrie, Activist, Banffshire & Buchan Coast:

“Humza has convinced me beyond any doubt that he will be a fantastic First Minister and our First Activist."

#HumzaForScotland Alan Petrie, Activist, Banf...
Cllr Anouk Kloppert, Aboyne, Upper Deeside & Donside:

“Humza is the only candidate who will stand up for our rural communities, young people & our progressive values as we make Scotland a world leader as a net-zero nation. For Scotland, and for independence.”

#HumzaForScotland Cllr Anouk Kloppert, Aboyne...
Cllr Brenda Durno, Arbroath East and Lunan:

"I have known Humza since 2012 he has always been engaging and helpful. He knows how to run a successful election campaign and he has held a very challenging position in the Cabinet."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr Brenda Durno, Arbroath...
.@camerongreer21, New Activist, Aberdeen:

“The whole point of the independence movement is to build a better, more progressive Scotland for all, and Humza is the clear choice to deliver this for the people of Scotland.”

#HumzaForScotland .@camerongreer21, New Activ...
.@CaraghMcdowall, Activist, Aberdeen:

“He has the kind of leadership that Scotland deserves and the ability to harness all of the talent we have within the the party and to re-energise the independence movement.”

#HumzaForScotland .@CaraghMcdowall, Activist,...
.@CatherineWoolie & @EricWoolie, Activists, Dundee West:

"Humza's excellent record, his service for all peoples of Scotland, his experience, competence and steadfastness for the brief in hand means more good governance and Independence. Bring it on!"

#HumzaForScotland .@CatherineWoolie & @EricWo...
.@CharKpt, Activist, Aberdeen:

“I want a Scotland where everyone’s rights are protected regardless of their background. Where equality and individualised care and community support comes first…”

#HumzaForScotland .@CharKpt, Activist, Aberde...
.@ChloelouiseHen3, Activist, Banffshire & Buchan Coast:

"I'm backing Humza to be our next leader because he has the experience and vision to lead Scotland to independence."

#HumzaForScotland .@chloelouisehen3, Activist...
.@ChrisLawSNP MP, Dundee West:

“Delighted to see Humza Yousaf putting himself forward...Great breadth of experience in toughest jobs; hugely respected across Scotland & extremely capable of bringing people together as we strive for Scotland’s independence.”

#HumzaForScotland .@ChrisLawSNP MP, Dundee We...
Cllr @Christia_Allard, Torry and Ferryhill:

“I’m 100% French, 100% Scottish, 100% European. This is why I’m 100% behind Humza to be our next First Minister.”

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @Christia_Allard, Torr...
.@arabstar2, Activist, Dundee Pitkerro:

"I’m supporting Humza because I believe he has the skills firstly to be a First Minister for all of the people of Scotland and most importantly bring the party together behind a deliverable a plan."

#HumzaForScotland .@arabstar2, Activist, Pitk...
.@Dexterishuman_, Activist & Artist, Dundee Pitkerro:

"Only Humza will…defend Scottish democracy, deliver independence and build a better future for all."

#HumzaForScotland .@Dexterishuman_, Activist ...
.@DouglasDaniel:

"Saw @HumzaYousaf speaking in Aberdeen at the weekend and it left me in no doubt that he's the best candidate for the job."

#HumzaForScotland .@DouglasDaniel:  "Saw...
Cllr @fatima_joji, Westhill & District:

"Humza is the only candidate with a vision for a Scotland that is fairer and more equal...We need this vision to build our support."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @fatima_joji, Westhill...
.@FionasWriting, Aberdeen, Former NEC Equalities Convener:

"I know how much work Humza has done...to make the party more equal, more inclusive and stronger...a leader who knows rights must be fought for and defended, and who will work for all of us."

#HumzaForScotland .@FionasWriting, Aberdeen, ...
Cllr @glenreynoldsSNP:

"If you have a vision where human rights are at the heart of a sovereign nation, Humza is for you."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @glenreynoldsSNP:   &q...
.@GraemeDeyMSP, Angus South:

"Delighted to see my friend & colleague Humza Yousaf declaring his candidacy for leader of the SNP & First Minister. I've known and worked alongside Humza for many years and am in no doubt that he is the best person for the job."

#HumzaForScotland .@GraemeDeyMSP, Angus South...
Cllr @heatherbell59, Coldside:

"We’ve built such a strong, clear vision of a progressive, inclusive and green Scotland at the heart of Europe. The FM has to embody and personify those core values of our new nation - and for me our only future is with Humza."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @heatherbell59, Coldsi...
.@JackieDunbarSNP, Aberdeen Donside:

“Humza has the experience and qualities needed to lead Scotland as our next First Minister. He is committed to standing up for our democracy and leading Scotland to independence. I’m backing Humza for Scotland.”

#HumzaForScotland .@JackieDunbarSNP, Aberdeen...
Cllr @JBNicolSNP, Mid-Formartine:

"Humza understands the need to defend our Scottish Parliament, to protect our democracy and prevent our legislation being undermined by Westminster governments."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @jbnicolsnp, Mid-Forma...
.@JoeFitzSNP MSP, Dundee City West:

"Humza has the experience in government that it takes to lead Scotland as First Minister...someone who can bring people together, deliver for Scotland, and unite us behind a positive vision for an independent Scotland."

#HumzaForScotland .@JoeFitzSNP MSP, Dundee Ci...
.@CllrAlexander, Leader of Dundee City Council:

“If the goal is to create a fairer, more equal and prosperous independent nation, then it has to be Humza.”

#HumzaForScotland .@CllrAlexander, Leader of ...
Cllr @john_SNP4Buckie, Buckie:

“I don't want us to just tolerate each other, I want to celebrate as a nation of Scotland's people. Humza is the candidate for me…”

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @John_SNP4Buckie, Buck...
Cllr @JoolsBell55, Kirriemuir & Dean:

“It has become increasingly apparent that Humza Yousaf is the leader we need to deliver the future Scotland I want to live in…”

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @JoolsBell55, Kirriemu...
.@JoshMennie, Activist, Banffshire & Buchan Coast:

“Humza’s the only candidate who can unite Scotland toward building an inclusive, independent country. His ambition to make Aberdeen the net zero capital of the world shows he'll harness the NE's potential."

#HumzaForScotland .@JoshMennie, Activist, Ban...
.@KarenAdamMSP, Banffshire & Buchan Coast:

"There is a unifying nature in Humza, and that’s exactly what we need in our next First Minister as we move closer to independence than ever before..."

#HumzaForScotland .@KarenAdamMSP, Banffshire ...
.@KateMonahan17, Activist, Aberdeenshire West:

"I am keen that the next First Minister of Scotland be a bold and trustworthy defender of all those in need of a Champion."

#HumzaForScotland .@KateMonahan17, Activist, ...
.@KevinStewartSNP MSP, Aberdeen Central:

"I'm backing Humza as he has the vision & the policies to create a fairer, greener, wealthier Scotland and lead us to independence."

#HumzaForScotland .@KevinStewartSNP MSP, Aber...
.@yes_leemills, SNP Activist of the Year 2020, Dundee Pitkerro:

"We need a leader who can continue the fantastic work of their predecessor but ultimately someone who will and can deliver our country’s independence. I believe that person to be Humza!"

#HumzaForScotland .@yes_leemills, SNP Activis...
Cllr @LloydAMelville, Monifieth and Sidlaw:

"Humza will fight tooth and nail to protect Scotland’s democracy, advance equality for all, and deliver independence…"

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @LloydAMelville, Monif...
.@logan_unwin1, Activist, Aberdeen South & North Kincardine:

“Humza is the only candidate committed to furthering equality for all in Scotland which is why he has my full support.”

#HumzaForScotland .@Logan_unwin1, Activist, A...
.@LukeBuchanSNP, Activist, Banffshire & Buchan Coast:

"Humza's socially progressive values, unwavering support for equalities and his view of a progressive and European independent Scotland is what is so important to us young people."

#HumzaForScotland .@LukeBuchanSNP, Activist, ...
Cllr @LynnesnpR, Maryfield:

"Since making 'Discovery' of Humza back in 2015, I've known that he has always been by Dundee's side supporting our ambitions. He has a clear view of an Independent Scotland and the drive and dynamism to deliver."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr @LynnesnpR, Maryfield:...
Maria Vint, Activist, Dundee Pitkerro:

"I’m backing Humza for First Minister, because he will continue to work hard to improve the lives of people in Scotland, and will prioritise maintaining a pro-independence majority government."

#HumzaForScotland Maria Vint, Activist, Dunde...
.@Niamh8xoxo, Activist, Aberdeen:

“Humza is a down to earth and charismatic leader who is the only candidate I would trust with the future of Scotland. Humza is the only one I can trust to protect the rights of women and the LGBT+ community.”

#HumzaForScotland .@Niamh8xoxo, Activist, Abe...
Richard Johnston, Activist, Stonehaven & Brechin:

"Humza Yousaf is the person who can build the broad civic independence movement that will be an unstoppable force and lead us towards that nation we all seek and deserve."

#HumzaForScotland Richard Johnston, Activist,...
Cllr Serena Cowdy, Arbroath West, Letham & Friockheim:

"We need a leader who will stand up to the UK Government, not back down. Humza is the only candidate who’s said he would challenge the recent Section 35 order in court. This is crucial for me."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr Serena Cowdy, Arbroath...
Sheena Welsh, Former Angus Cllr:

“I am supporting Humza Yousaf because, quite simply, I think he is the best person for the job. Our FM and Party Leader needs to be a strategic thinker, strong, intelligent, experienced, hardworking, resilient and dedicated.”

#HumzaForScotland Sheena Welsh, Former Angus ...
.@ShonaRobison MSP, Dundee City East:

"Humza is a unifier who can work with other independence supporting parties...and enable the SNP to remain in Government. He will bring vigour to the whole independence movement and has a clear vision."

#HumzaForScotland .@ShonaRobison MSP, Dundee ...
Cllr Sonya Warren, Buckie:

“I know from experience that Humza is hardworking, dedicated, passionate and committed, with the breadth and depth of experience and skills needed for this role. His drive and passion will lead us to a fairer independent Scotland.”

#HumzaForScotland Cllr Sonya Warren, Buckie: ...
.@StewartHosieSNP MP, Dundee East:

“I'm backing Humza as the best candidate to unify our SNP family, to continue to win elections.”

#HumzaForScotland .@StewartHosieSNP MP, Dunde...
Stewart Stevenson, Former MSP:

"While having three excellent candidates for our new leader is a luxury no other party has, there is one standout for me - Humza Yousaf. He combines energy, knowledge and experience to good effect."

#HumzaForScotland Stewart Stevenson, Former M...
.@binkypuff & @plasticcutlery, Activists, Aberdeen:

“We believe Humza represents the very best of what Scotland can, and should, be - progressive, caring and positive. He has what it takes to reach out and build support for the SNP and for independence.”

#HumzaForScotland .@binkypuff & @plasticcutle...
Cllr Willie Sawers, North East, Dundee:

"Humza has a wealth of experience, having held top jobs in the Scottish Government. He is reaching out across the whole Yes movement, and I think he will do a great job in taking Scotland forward to independence."

#HumzaForScotland Cllr Willie Sawers, North E...

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Humza Yousaf

Humza Yousaf Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @HumzaYousaf

Apr 17
🧵An important factual thread from @Broonjunior KC, in contrast to some of the deliberate misinformation doing the rounds.

Also worth reading interview from Baroness Kennedy, a lifelong advocate for women's rights who led the working group on misogyny.

theguardian.com/law/2021/feb/2…
Baroness Kennedy’s report clearly recommended that the proposed offences in a misogyny bill should apply where the victims are ‘women or those who perpetrators perceive to be women’ this aligns with existing legislation protecting people from abuse that is motivated by prejudice.
If a man threatens to rape a woman, he is unlikely to know if the victim is born a woman or a trans woman.

That behaviour should logically be seen as misogynistic. Again, this aligns with existing legislation protecting people from abuse motivated by prejudice. This is not new.
Read 5 tweets
Mar 9
🧵I don't usually respond to smears against me or my family, but this story is so outrageous it requires a response.

Most of my political life, I've battled insinuations from sections of the media desperate to link me to terrorism despite campaigning my whole life against it. Image
The latest smear from the Telegraph is just a continuation of these Islamaphobic attacks.

To be clear, the Scottish Government gave money to Gaza, like virtually every Government in the West, because of the unarguable humanitarian catastrophe that has unfolded there.
Whether funding was given to Unicef or UNRWA, both of course UN agencies, it was always for the people of Gaza.

Funding to UNRWA was deemed the most flexible way of ensuring money got to where it was needed. Hence why so many governments, including the UK, gave millions to them.
Read 7 tweets
Mar 15, 2023
❌ The Tories are hanging Scottish households out to dry by axing support & refusing to cut outrageously high energy bills.

📈 Families are on their knees due to rocketing bills caused by the Tories crashing our economy & a hard Brexit Scotland didn’t vote for

#HumzaForScotland 'UK BUDGET FAILS TO CUT ENERGY BILLS'. Photo of Westminster
💷 Scotland’s economy is being punished by a hardline Tory and Labour Brexit we didn't vote for.

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🇪🇺 Scotland needs independence so we can rejoin the EU, boost our economic growth and stop the catastrophic damage Brexit is inflicting on Scottish businesses.

#HumzaForScotland Labour leader Keir Starmer and Tory Prime Minister Rishi Sun
As First Minister I will:

1️⃣ Introduce a £25 million fund to help parents with the initial costs of childcare, so they can get back into work.

2️⃣ Accelerate the roll out of up to 22 hours a week free early learning for all 1 and 2 year olds, all year round.

#HumzaForScotland Image of paint handprints. '£25 MILLION HELPING HAND FUND A
Read 4 tweets
Aug 2, 2021
Thank you for all kind msgs of solidarity/support ppl have sent to my family. Few points from me:

▪️Some ppl suggesting Nursery may not have wanted child with high profile parent. That was my initial thought, hence why we tested it 2 more times, different names but same result.
▪️I would love for there to be another explanation for all of this. That's why Little Scholars Nursery was contacted in advance & given ample opportunity to explain. Instead their response is effectively the "I cant be racist my pal is Black" defence. That doesn't fly any more.
▪️At the beginning of this process I really did not think this could be Islamaphobic or racist. It was my wife's gut instinct that something just wasn't right. As People of Colour we know when we are being discriminated against. The lesson, trust your gut (and your wife!)
Read 6 tweets
Aug 1, 2021
🧵Not a step my wife & I have taken lightly. After our nursery application for our daughter was refused a 2nd time, my wife asked her White Scottish friend to put in an application for a Child the same age. Within 24hrs of refusing our application my wife's friend's was accepted.
I was sure there must be rational explanation but my wife felt differently. She created a profile with a White Scot name & made an application, she also asked her sister 'Sara Ahmed' to submit an application on same day. Her sister was rejected but White Scot application accepted
At this point we asked @anniebrownword at @Daily_Record to investigate. She created two profiles with kids same age, their requirements the same. "Aqsa Akhtar" application was rejected while "Susan Blake" was offered a choice of 4 afternoons.

No explanation has been forthcoming
Read 5 tweets
Jul 13, 2021
🧵 Scotland will move to Level 0 on 19th July, with modifications, more detail in tweets below.

We are making progress in tackling virus, in week to 4th July an average of 3300 +ve cases recorded, this is now 2,700. This is still high but going in the right direction.
Having one of fastest vaccination programmes in the World is helping. We are in final stages of offering 1st doses to every adult.

However, caution still required. Cases remain high, while hospitalisation link weakened, we must not dismiss impact of long covid or pressure on NHS
Level 0 from 19th July:

8 ppl from 4 🏠 meet indoors
10 ppl from 4 🏠 in public indoor space
15 ppl from 15🏠 can meet outdoors
200ppl attend weddings/funerals
Soft Play can open
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(