Damin Toell Profile picture
Apr 12, 2023 2 tweets 1 min read Read on X
These are the alleged "Islamophobic smears" by Lee Fang. ImageImage
From a longer and very worthwhile thread by Zaid.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Damin Toell

Damin Toell Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @damintoell

Feb 28
I'm an appellate attorney in New York, I've worked on hundreds of appeals, at least. Bonds have been posted on probably less than 10 of them in my 20 years of practice. A bond has nothing to do with whether there's an appeal. Tristan is either a liar or so uninformed as an attorney that he's an active danger to the citizens of New York.
Tristan also says that "There is no appeal until Trump pays the judgment." This is INSANE. Paying the judgment would render the appeal moot and end the case.

Tristan Snell is an active danger to the citizens of New York.
I'm sure you're all dying to see one of my appeals. They're very exciting! Here's one that I won in 2022. No bond was posted. nycourts.gov/reporter/3dser…
Read 4 tweets
Nov 17, 2023
Vindman’s wife (or, in this case, Vindman’s sister-in-law) was not happy about this and was ready to bust out the Conan sword but later deleted.
RACHEL VINDMAN HAS ENTERED THIS FIGHT AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU ARE SORRY
Read 4 tweets
Oct 2, 2023
Re: Trump's civil fraud trial not having a jury. In this case, the Note of Issue (the paper that gets filed that tells the Court that the case is ready for trial and gets it put on the trial calendar) was done by the the plaintiff, the People of the State of New York, via Attorney General Letitia James, on July 31, 2023. The party filing the Note of Issue has the choice of deciding whether it will be a jury trial or a non-jury trial, and AG James chose a non-jury trial.

At that point, Trump as the defendant had 15 days pursuant to CPLR 4102 to request a jury by filing what's called a jury demand. That did not happen.

So, it's not a situation where Trump's attorney's checked the wrong box or didn't check a box - they were supposed to file a certain form within a certain time period and did not do so.
This is as per my review of the Note of Issue and everything else on NYSCEF - if anyone knows anything different or has insight into any differing part rules that Justice Engoron has, please advise.
I don't litigate much in the Supreme Court, New York County these days, but in the last case I had there (which took about 6 years to resolve), I was counsel for the defendant and the plaintiff filed a Note of Issue without a jury demand and I also didn't file a jury demand because there would've have been any benefit to anyone to have a jury. Sometimes it's an intentional choice! I also defeated the plaintiff's motion for summary judgment and they ended up discontinuing the case against my client.
Read 4 tweets
May 4, 2023
Jones is now claiming to have been a legacy bluecheck. This is a lie. Her Twitter account was unsuspended on December 16, 2022. She was not verified at that time. Legacy verification ended as of December 12, 2022, before her unsuspension. ImageImageImageImage
Here's an archive of her account the day it was unsuspended, December 16, 2022. No bluecheck. web.archive.org/web/2022121619…
The bluecheck did not appear on her account - ever in history at any time - until December 23, 2022. Because she paid for Twitter Blue. It was impossible to obtain a legacy verification at this time. web.archive.org/web/2022122321…
Read 11 tweets
May 2, 2023
I got to meet Robert Smigel and @TriumphICDHQ, who insulted me and humped my head. ImageImageImage
At least this should give you guys some new meme faces.
Triumph told me that it's great that I got a shirt that captures the reaction of every woman seeing my penis for the first time. Image
Read 4 tweets
May 1, 2023
A film I produced, DEBBIE DOES DEMONS, directed by the legendary Donald Farmer, is now available to order on Blu-ray. You're welcome. vinegarsyndrome.com/collections/fr… Image
I make no money on this so don't buy it for that reason.
Here's my on-screen credit. If anyone buys the movie and doesn't like it, I'll just say that "Damon" Toell is someone else. Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(