ari Profile picture
May 11, 2023 16 tweets 6 min read Read on X
Edin Terzic on preparing for the Gladbach game: “We had a very intensive session yesterday. Today it will be a little more relaxed. We also defended the zero against Wolfsburg. That will also be the case on Saturday." Image
Terzic: "We remember the first leg, back then we were constantly chasing a deficit.” Image
Terzic on the discrepancy between home and away appearances: “We don’t go through with it away from home and had to settle for a draw several times. Luckily we have a home game on Saturday.” Image
Terzic about Jamie Bynoe-Gittens: “Jamie is the only player who will definitely fail. He fell on his shoulder during training last week and was operated on yesterday. He has walked this path before and will be missed in the coming weeks and months.” Image
Terzic on the starting position: “There is a lot at stake for us. We have to prepare optimally to win the game.” Image
Terzic on the competition: “We had 26 players on the pitch yesterday. Some players won't be in the squad on Saturday either, which also leads to frustration. All players subordinate themselves to the great goal." Image
Terzic: "We are happy that it is more exciting than it has been for a long time. The quality of the training is very satisfactory.” Image
Terzic about Nico Schlotterbeck: “Nico is always a candidate for the starting eleven if he is healthy. And he's healthy. Mats Hummels and Niklas Süle have to prove in the next two days that they want to stay in the starting XI. Both played really well against Wolfsburg.” Image
Terzic on the Bayern game on Saturday afternoon: “We have our normal routine. Of course there will be one or the other push message, you can't hide that. But that won't affect us, we won't do anything crazy." Image
Terzic on Matthias Sammer’s Bellingham statements: “I did not hear the statement myself. I appreciate Matthias very much, we often exchange ideas - but not on this topic so far. Maybe we'll do it in the coming days." Image
Terzic: "But I don't think there is anyone who knows the team better than I do. I'm very happy how Jude presents himself here every day. He played very grown-up and experienced against Wolfsburg. And we're still talking about a 19-year-old player here." Image
Terzic on the title fight: “This is another topic that I cannot influence. We have to win our games. It doesn't matter to me whether Schalke, Leipzig or Cologne support us." Image
Terzic on Felix Passlack: “He is one of my big favorites, we've known each other for a long time. I've had to disappoint him a lot lately. Against Wolfsburg we wanted to give him this little thank you in return. We know what this club means to him. And he means a lot to us too.” Image
Terzic on #BMG: “A strong football team. They always want to solve it in a playful way and have a lot of speed on the wings. They try again and again to see the opponent apart in the center and rely on counterattacks. We've a lot of respect but are in very good shape at home." Image
Terzic on Karim Adeyemi: “We gave it a lot of thought during the World Cup break. Karim and Donyell Malen haven't scored a single goal in their first 16 games. I think that Sebastien Haller is also a key factor." Image
Terzic: "He makes sure the guys around him get better. We also adjusted the pressing height.” Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with ari

ari Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @aritrabvb1909

Apr 29
Ian Maatsen on his chances of staying at BVB next season: "I'm not really focusing on that right now. We have so many important games ahead of us, and my full concentration is on them. I don't know what will happen in the summer yet. There will surely be several options. What I can say is that I feel very comfortable in Dortmund and really enjoy being here at BVB. And I also feel that I am very welcome here."

Maatsen on reports which suggests he has conveyed a wish to Chelsea bosses that he doesn't want to return next season: "No, I haven't done that. At this stage of my career, my main focus is on playing a lot. That's the most important thing for me. I have a contract with Chelsea; it's a big club. As I said, I'm not thinking about my future right now. We'll see what happens." [@RNBVB]Image
Maatsen on the the biggest differences between the Bundesliga and the Premier League: "The games in the Premier League are even faster than those in the Bundesliga. Additionally, the schedule is even more packed. While the Bundesliga is similar in this regard, there is a bit more time to rest after matches and to prepare for the upcoming game with a bit more time. Even though the competitions in Germany are also demanding, I would say the intensity in England is a bit higher."Image
Maatsen on why he chose to switch to BVB on loan this winter and developing in the Bundesliga: "Because I really wanted to play more. That was the most important thing for me. I had ideas in mind with Chelsea, but for some reason, it didn't work out. But that's not the end of the world, sometimes it's just part of your journey. You have to find a good solution for yourself. And Dortmund was the perfect solution. Life sometimes gives you opportunities. When that happens, you have to seize them. Now I'm here and it's going very well. Now the whole world can see who I am and what I'm capable of."

Maatsen: "The Bundesliga is a great stage for a young player to showcase their quality. For a young guy like me, it's really significant that the coach and the officials of such a big club like Borussia Dortmund give me the chance to shine. You don't see that as often in the Premier League. It's a completely different league. There's a whole different environment for young players there."Image
Read 6 tweets
Sep 9, 2023
🧵“At 27, you are at the best age to be a leader. Wouldn't you like to become BVB captain?”

Brandt: “I don't know if I'm the prototype for that. I come from the north, we are a little more reserved. I also define the role differently. It would be fatal if only the captain always took responsibility. He can't handle everything alone. I see the captain as a member of the team council, of which I am also a member. And I see it this way: everyone on this committee has to lead the way. I enjoy doing this too. And it's just as important that others speak their minds. I also have no problem with Marius Wolf complaining to me because I played crap.” [RN]
“How does Emre Can perform as captain from your perspective?”

Brandt: “I think Emre is a very good captain. He is someone who is driven by great ambition in every training session. He enjoys great respect in the team.”

Brandt on his increased sense of responsibility: “Yes. Maybe I too have grown up. At least that's what my old colleagues tell me. Emre Can, who has known me since I was 17, recently said: Why are you like this now? You used to talk completely differently!' For some it happens faster as the ripening process progresses, for me it took a little longer (laughs).”
Brandt on his criticism and interviews: “Sometimes I have to control my emotions. Otherwise there will be a lot of echoes to individual statements and the issues will become more acute in public, so there is only black or white. Unfortunately, this is part of our society. It's either very, very hot or very, very bad, and there's little in between. Nevertheless, I trust myself and expect myself to clearly address what I notice.”
Read 22 tweets
May 24, 2023
Sebastien Haller on whether he has been to Borsigplatz often: "I sometimes drive across Borsigplatz in my car. But I really want to see this square full of people. There are still 90 minutes left, the last step must follow now!" Image
Haller on whether Terzic has shown him the pictures of 2011-12 championships: "Of course, I've already seen a few video clips from title parties. Pictures like this give me an extra boost. We all really want to be part of such a special club moment." Image
Haller: "It's not directly comparable, but I often think back to the cup win with Eintracht Frankfurt in 2018. The way through the celebrating crowds of fans from the airport to the Römer - that was amazing."
Read 47 tweets
May 23, 2023
Marco Reus on the fans: "I can't put it into words. I don't know how many supporters were here today. Maybe a bit more than 10k. Difficult to put into words really. We need the fans too, there's no question about that. Without them we are only worth half." Image
Reus: "I don't have to tell you what's going to be going on next Saturday. Everyone will probably be on the South Stand waiting the day before. I am positive and I hope we get it done."
Reus: "Having everything in our own hands before the last matchday feels really good. Nevertheless, we haven't won anything yet. That's why we have to keep working hard this week and then set off fireworks at home."
Read 4 tweets
May 23, 2023
Lothar Matthäus via his column: "One has to assume that Borussia Dortmund will be German champions on Saturday evening." Image
Matthäus: "In their own stadium, in front of 80,000 fans against FSV Mainz 05, who didn't put up too much resistance in the 4-1 draw against Stuttgart - Borussia Dortmund won't let that happen again."
Matthäus: "If they can't do it now, then when? They took their chance in Augsburg , even if the game might have been closer if they hadn't been sent off. But the class and the will of Borussia Dortmund prevailed in the end."
Read 5 tweets
May 22, 2023
Hans Joachim Watzke about the joy of a possible championship title for Marco Reus: "There's no question that he can set a milestone with that. But at the end of the day I'm happy for every player. Becoming German champion with Borussia Dortmund is a different category." [Sky] Image
Watzke about his lucky jumper: "We played against Augsburg in the first half of the season, it was cold, I was wearing this sweater and then there was this spectacular 4: 3. Then I said: 'I'll leave it on until we have our first game lost in the Bundesliga.'" Image
Watzke: "From then on we didn't lose again - except for the Bayern game, which I wasn't there. It's now a running gag. Everyone tells me: 'Please with the sweater!' It was tough in Augsburg, but I wore it and I will wear it against Mainz on Saturday, no matter how warm it is."
Read 11 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(