Artur - Library of Ohara Profile picture
May 21, 2023 13 tweets 7 min read Read on X
COULD NEFERTARI LILY HAVE BECOME IMU-SAMA? - 🧵

#OnePiece 1084 brought up the mystery of Lily's disappearance, but the possibility of her having secretly become Imu is a lot more likely than you might first think, so let's explore this idea together 👉 (1/12) ImageImage
So Nefertari Lily of Alabasta never returned from Mary Geoise at the end of the Void Century. The easiest answer to this is that she had a change of heart against Imu and thus was killed in turn, but managed to divulge the secrets she discovered in a letter to her family (2/12) ImageImage
This would explain why the Gorosei consider the Nefertari to be "traitors", though we lack a lot of context there. But while this answer seems like the most logical and safe option, how about we think of the far more fun and interesting possibility? 👀 (3/12) Image
We know Alabasta is based in part on ancient Egypt, and in their mythology, the "lily" was represented under the form of the deity "Nefertem", evidently the source of the name "Nefertari", depicted as nature itself arising from the primordial sea as a blue lily flower (4/12) Image
This makes me wonder if Lily is connected to the mythical figure in One Piece of the "Mother of Nature Umi (the Sea)", representing nature itself born of the sea as a flower, a "lily". This would even explain why the Nefertari have blue hair just like the sea (5/12) ImageImage
This might be a stretch, but if the goddess Umi was the mythological figure depicted on Kuma's Bible as some speculated, then it would make perfect sense why she looks almost identical to Vivi's mother, Nefertari Titi (6/12) ImageImage
As I previously speculated, I believe that Umi became Imu, and this could explain why Lily never pledged her sword to the Empty Throne, because the swords were pledged to her. In fact, we can see what might be that 20th sword with Imu in the chamber of flowers (7/12) Image
Speaking of which, that chamber is filled with what seem to be lily flowers. Imu also appears to draw butterflies to them, just like butterflies would be drawn to a flower, which would make sense if she is the Mother of Nature, named after a flower (8/12) ImageImageImage
There's also been a lot of theories that Vivi is Uranus, but then that would make Lily the original Uranus from the Void Century, and if she survived until the present, that would explain why she now possesses ancient weapon-like power capable of destroying an island (9/12) Image
The only major issue in this theory is the Gorosei calling the Nefertari "traitors", which suggests the first idea of Lily having been killed by Imu for being a "traitor". Though it could also be possible that Imu completely abandoned the title "Nefertari" long ago (10/12) Image
My only doubt with this is why would the Gorosei try so desperately to hide what would've been a simple execution for insubordination, to the same level they've been hiding Imu's identity. At the very least if not, Lily must have discovered some big secret (11/12) Image
This could be why the Nefertari hid a poneglyph in Alabasta, though on the flipside you could also say that Lily had it hidden to ensure none could find it, as it was hinted at in that arc that the Nefertari's purpose was not to protect the poneglyph, but to hide it (12/12) Image
Though the first option is more likely, the possibility of Lily having become Imu is so enticing! What do you think happened to Lily?

For an even more in-depth look into the topic, check out my video about it!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Artur - Library of Ohara

Artur - Library of Ohara Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @newworldartur

Jan 7
EVERY EASTER EGG IN THE NEW ONE PIECE OPENING 🧵

Luffy on the Sunny declaring his dream as the first chapter of Egghead (1060). The bandages on his face are likely a reference to the ones he had when he declared his dream to Ace and Sabo as a kid. Caribou can also be seen in his barrel.
Scenes from Chapter 1061, 1062, 1064, and 1065 chronologically. Notice the sea beasts beneath the water in the first image, Atlas's shadow in the second image, and Vegapunk Stella in the last image

Read 25 tweets
Nov 22, 2023
WHAT IS THE ONE PIECE TREASURE? - 🧵

It is my belief after my extensive research that Oda has already provided us with enough information to put the pieces together and realize what Joyboy, Gear 5th, and the One Piece treasure really are! Let's break it down!! 👉 (1/25) Image
I'll get straight to the point: to start things off, I've previously explained how I believe the One Piece treasure is Binks's Sake, a "laugh tale" that when you translate its lyrics from Japanese, details things that refer to events from the Void Century (2/25) Image
I already spoke about this in deep length in the past, but that's not what I want to focus on here. I believe there is more to this, that Binks's Sake is more than just a song. After all, songs are immaterial, so what is the physical treasure that is found at Laugh Tale? (3/25) Image
Read 25 tweets
Aug 30, 2023
ONE PIECE LIVE ACTION - REVIEW (no spoilers) 🧵

I just watched the premiere for the One Piece Live Action! Does it live to the hype? The answer… YES! Here is why in my review!! ➡️ (1/16) Image
It becomes clear when watching that the Live Action is not the manga. They didn’t try to just copy paste the original story, they put in the effort to accurately translate it in a way that it works for live action audiences while still keeping the heart of the series. (2/16) Image
It really feels like they struck an almost perfect balance between the wackiness and uniqueness of the manga and a Western film style that I feel will result in a lot of new audiences being able to get into OP while still being so faithful and respectful to Oda’s work. (3/16) Image
Read 16 tweets
Aug 8, 2023
WHAT IS THE "MOTHERFLAME"? - 🧵

In Chapter 1089 of #OnePiece, it is explained better just what exactly the "Motherflame" is, but a lot of it has to do with the Japanese terminology used that gets lost in translation, so let's break it down 👉 (1/10) Image
There was a bit of confusion within the fandom as to what exactly the Motherflame is. The Japanese version mentions Imu "wishing to use the Motherflame made by Vegapunk", but Ivankov believed the ancient weapon wasn't made by Vegapunk and may be Imu himself (2/10)
But how does this make any sense? Easy, it means that the "Motherflame" isn't the ancient weapon. Rather, the language used in this chapter seems to imply that the Motherflame may likely be the power source behind the weapon rather than the weapon itself (3/10)
Read 10 tweets
Jul 3, 2023
One Piece Live Action Early Impressions REVIEW - 🧵

I got to travel to Los Angeles to see parts of the One Piece Live Action early, so here are my thoughts so far! Simply put, a couple complaints aside, it really is everything I could've ever wished for, it's amazing!! (1/15)

As a disclaimer, obviously I'm biased towards this project, but I also promised the staff I'd judge the show fairly, because it'd be disrespectful to their efforts if I only praised it blindly. This is also not a paid review, just my honest thoughts (2/15)
Above all, what really stood out to me about the One Piece Live Action is how incredibly fun it is to simply watch it. The series embraces the goofy and fun-loving nature One Piece has, to the point it had me with a dumb grin on my face during so many scenes (3/15)
Read 16 tweets
Mar 19, 2023
How did York "do it"? - 🧵

York is seemingly our Egghead traitor ...yet if we trace back her steps, it is practically impossible for her to have committed all these crimes given her airtight alibis. So how will Oda explain how she did it? Let's explore 👉 (1/13) #OnePiece
For starters, when the shields were lowered, York was with the other Vegapunks away from the systems. It is possible she sabotaged them beforehand, but how was she able to trigger the shield going down? And how was she able to lock the shield up later too? (2/13)
When Stella was kidnapped, York was sleeping in the control room with the others, and when she wakes up, she joins them in their search right away. It's possible she may have quickly gone to kidnap Stella between panels, however this is very hard to believe because... (3/13)
Read 13 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(