Hanne Van Briel Profile picture
May 23, 2023 19 tweets 7 min read Read on X
First tests Adobe @Photoshop (beta) + Generative fill magic ✨
She doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to take her to the beach now 🤭 This is the starting image. Image
1/13 Click select subject button + invert selection all in the same easy panel. Type your replacement background. ImageImageImage
2/13 Here she is at the beach. This looks great! You can click more until you have a good fit. This was the second background. Image
3/13 I want some to expand the image.
Use the Crop tool to enlarge + Select the outer parts Image
4/13 Click Generate (leave it empty) and so it fills your selection based on the image that is visible. Image
5/13 Pretty nice! Can be slightly improve above her head. So let's click generate again. Image
6/13 Perfect this looks better. Image
7/13 Moving her a bit to the left for & filling her surroundings again. Cool, looks good! Image
8/13 Good to know: it also create separate layers (unless you keep regenerating the background), so easy to edit or change afterwards. Image
9/13 I encountered two difficulties:
1 - I wanted to remove the little flower on her dress. After making a selection and clicking Generate (empty), I got the following message. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as it keeps popping up. Image
10/13
2 - Adding some birds in the distance was also a bit tricky. It kept giving big birds instead of a set of small ones. I tried making smaller selection (still big enough), but nothing shows up anymore 🤷🏼‍♀️ Image
11/13 Another example - left initial images, on the right two examples on how it fills new parts.

Cool stuff!! 🔥 ImageImageImage
12/13 Adding a glass of water - in the selected spot :) Image
13/13 Nice, first run looks great! Not entirely sure about the shadow on the glass, I would have to test that myself 😅

These were fairly simple tests. I'll be trying this with some other images. But this was all done in just a few minutes 🤩 #photoshopbeta #firefly Image
Adding some extra examples:
Going from this close up to .. Image
this entire room - pretty wild! Image
Going from this boarding gate - made by @gen_ericai (thanks for letting me share your beautiful image!) Image
To one that's more crowded.
Overall the images needs some more edits (colors, potentially an even better generative fill etc.). But this was done in a just couple of minutes!
There are still limits to this, not everything goes or is easy to accomplish. Cool nonetheless! Image
If you are looking for some extra tips and tricks (live atm):

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Hanne Van Briel

Hanne Van Briel Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @hanne_van_briel

Jul 3, 2023
⚡️Fun thread to showcase the new #midjourney feature called Panning ⚡️

Let's take this happy couch camper and see who's sitting next to him 🤭 https://t.co/WC6p8ksSA1twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
1/9 This new functionality comes with 4 new buttons below the zoom buttons. They indicate the direction in which you can expand your image.
2/9 We expanded to the right. A new funky couch friend pops up 👉🏼
Read 11 tweets
Jun 23, 2023
💡Midjourney v5.2 Quick tip - Zoom Out images generated before v5.2

🧵👇🏼 /12 - Step by step guide
1/12 Goal: use the new Zoom out functionality for an image that was generated and potentially upscaled before v5.2 (v5.1 in this case)
2/12 New Zoom Out buttons are not available when the image was upscaled before.
Read 13 tweets
Jun 15, 2023
💡 Midjourney Quick tip - Blend vs. image prompts

🧵/15👇🏼 Combine one or multiple images to create another one. Setup & some tips on both methods.

⚡️Share your magical blends and image prompts!⚡️ Image
1/15
💡Method 1 - Blend

Type /blend in your Discord and select two images.

In the example here: the 2 reference images are on the right. The result is shown on the left. (in most of the examples in this thread).

Easy and simple! Nice mix of both images. /blend 2 imagesImageImage
2/15
⚡️Tip - Add up to 5 images

Blends allow up to 5 images in total (see images on the right). Not all images will have equal elements in the final image (left image). A bit trial and error to see what works best. ImageImageImage
Read 25 tweets
May 29, 2023
⚡️"House of Prompts - Vol. 2" - Unused footage⚡️

Some unseen images and prompts that didn't make the cut!

Bonus topics that are included in the thread: image prompt and a multi prompt

⚡️Which one is your favorite? 🤍⚡️

Prompt in ALT of the images Editorial award winning min...
A cosy hotel bedroom. Without even specifying the colors Midjourney knew🤭 kids bedroom in IceQ Restau...
A lovely slide in a large playroom, love this. Editorial interior design, ...
Read 19 tweets
May 3, 2023
Midjourney v5.1 - So I ran a couple of my old prompts to see any differences with the regular v5.

Some of my findings 🧵based on limited testing 👇🏼
Feel free to share your experiences 🫶🏼

Editorial shot Vogue. all images v5.1 were a lot more artistic. v5 gave beautiful but more regular BnW portrait. editorial for vogue uk, bla...Image
Portrait, both look really nice. v5 looked a bit softer, v5.1 looks really crisp in this case, not sure if I like it more. Lighting a bit different. An award winning photo of a...Image
Read 15 tweets
May 1, 2023
⚡️Who's up for a spring pool day? 🌊
Bring snacks and friends, the more the merrier! 🍉👩🏾‍🤝‍👨🏼
@WorldEverett @gen_ericai @youseememiami @followmarcos @g0rillaAI @HelenaManzanita

Anything goes blend, new scenes or props😄
More images in 🧵👇🏼for some inspiration

Prompt in image ALT a futuristic living room wi...
Get your swimwear on 👙🩳 <image link of the pool> cl...
We'll serve some drinks 🍹 <image link of a pool>  coc...<image link of a pool> lady...
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(