James P Mitchell-Ryan Profile picture
Jul 21, 2023 10 tweets 4 min read Read on X
[NEW INVESTIGATION] Hello everyone! As promised, the thread on using Chinese corporate database websites to examine Chinese companies is here! 🥳
[Part One]
I'm going to show you how to use Kanzhun to conduct #OSINT . I'm taking the subject of one of my previous threads, Xi'an Bingo Intelligent Aviation as my topic. (These databases are often used for asset tracing, integrated due diligence (IDD and other tasks)
[Part Two] We can answer #OSINT questions like:
- Is the entity registered and still active?
- Who are the managers and the Ultimate Beneficial Owners (UBOs)?
- Have there been any changes to its stated functions or addresses?
- What links are present to other entities?
🤔
[Part Three] Going to , I enter the name of the company- Xi'an Bingo Intelligent Aviation Science and Technology Co Ltd (西安冰果智能航空科技有限公司)- see the caption for what I can now see! https://t.co/GafVONUtPLKanzhun.com
Above: Having entered the company's Chinese name, I'm presented with the company's full address and website in the top panel, with various tabs with numbers alongside in the middle of the page, indicating how many records are against  'Operations information" or "Industry and Commerce Information" (工商信息), referring to the Administration for Industry and Commerce (AIC) records registered to the company
[Part Four] Having clicked on the AIC Information tab (light green), I proceed into the changes record (highlighted in yellow) to see how information registered against the company since inception has changed. #businessintelligence #osintchina Above: Here I can see who the Legal Representative (法定代表人) is (in this case 马靖东, and I can see the AIC registration number on the right column, second from the bottom).
[Part Five] I switched to another tab to examine the shareholders in the company. Unsurprisingly, it's dominated by the legal rep and founder 马靖东 I mentioned above, but another 3% stake owned by a Beijing entity emerges... 🇨🇳 #osintchina A Beijing entity in row 2 has a 3% stake in the business. I can then conduct further investigation on them to practise my skills!
[Part Six] I'm intrigued to find out more about the founder of Xi'an Bingo,so I follow up and find various mentions on websites to do with #UAV and a mention on the Peking University (aka Beida) site! Following this trail I saw this article 👇#Chinadrones www.youuav.com article on Xi'an Bingo Intelligent Aviation's very own 马靖东(Ma Jingdong). Off to #GoogleTranslate for some language help
Back to Kanzhun, then and onto the "Intellectual Property" tab that has to do with patents etc, and I find a whole bunch of other people listed on the patent of a "type of conventional layout tiltrotor vertical takeoff and landing fixed wing UAV" (thanks A!) from September 2018: More Chinese for my friend and I to decipher! Above: Under inventors (发明人), it's not only Ma Jingdong 马靖东 named, but a whole bunch of other people. If I was interested in who else was involved in this product, I could try to examine them!
[Penultimate Part] And there we have it. Taking some initial datapoints on the company, I've been able to discover:
Address and contact info, registration/license info, leads on management and shareholders, and info around patents. That's a lot more than just news articles!
[Final] I hope this investigation using Kanzhun has been useful! There are various online Chinese dictionaries and hover-over tools to help break the language barrier! If your #OSINT investigation involves companies, this might be a useful pointer! See you for the next one!

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with James P Mitchell-Ryan

James P Mitchell-Ryan Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @JpmCopaOSINT

Sep 27
REVEALED: Are Ambassador Huang Xilian and @chineembmanila behind pro-China trolls spreading #misinformation about the #Philippines and #SCS/WPS? We've linked 80+ accounts on FB and X to the embassy and we'll show you how we did it. Thread below and at 🇨🇳🧵 allsourcechina.com
We previously exposed the fake accounts of pro-China trolls by highlighting their poor tradecraft. We dug deeper and found many more accounts - all of them linked to Ambassador Huang, the PRC embassy in Manila, or parroting their anti-Philippines rhetoric. Examples on FB:
Here's more proof on X. These fake accounts are using the same tactics to suppress any anti-China sentiment and push Beijing's narrative. Feel free to check them out and see for yourself: @PanopioStingray @canceran_judy #china #OSINT
Read 6 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(