Dr P Profile picture
Dec 29, 2023 24 tweets 5 min read Read on X
Let's talk about the impact of PBs on brain development and functioning.

Buckle up folks. This is going to be a long thread!

@HJoyceGender
1. To understand what PBs do to cognitive development and IQ, you first need to understand what IQ is, how it is constructed and how it's measured. The following explanation is of one model of IQ. There are others.
2 . Definition: IQ is a property of the mind encompassing many related intellectual abilities, eg the capacities to reason; to plan, to solve problems; to think abstractly; to comprehend ideas; to use language; and to learn.
3. Definition: When aggregated, these factors determine the individual’s ability to act purposefully, to think rationally and to deal effectively with their environment. This is their IQ, or their level of cognitive functioning. The average IQ falls between 85 and 115.
4. Types of IQ: Intelligence can be split into two subtypes: Crystalline (Gc) and Fluid (Gf). Gc (Crystalline IQ) is LEARNED or ACQUIRED knowledge: eg 'When was the Magna Carta signed'?; 'What is the name of the Earth's satellite'? It is heavily dependent on education.
5. Gc remains stable and/or increases over time as knowledge is gained. Gf (Fluid IQ) is related to novel problem solving, eg, how to put up an Ikea wardrobe, or how to plan a journey from say Cornwall to Aberdeen. Gf increases as the brain matures from childhood to adulthood.
6. Because Gf measures NOVEL problem-solving it is largely independent of educational attainment.
7. IQ is usually measured using the 3 Weschler scales:
WIPPSI young children (2-7); WISC children (6-16); and WAIS adults (16-91). There are between 10 and 15 subtests, aggregated to give the overall FULL SCALE IQ score (FSIQ). The test also yields separate Index scores.
8. Impact of PBs: PBs are given when the brain is maturing, through the creation of neural connections and the laying down of fatty tissue (Myelination). PB's interrupt this process. The following table shows the cognitive decline in a Brazillian child over 3 years on Lupron Image
9. Her FSIQ fell from 80 to 70. From Low Average to Borderline Learning Disabilities. Her performance also fell on EVERY Index score. This is unprecedented. It is really important to know that IQ is a very STABLE construct. It does not change significantly over the lifespan.
10. Using the various Weschler scales, IQ should be roughly the same measured at ages 5, 25, 55 or 85. There will be some small changes (depending on external factors like fatigue, rapport, testing conditions, etc). These are accounted for by reporting the Confidence Interval
11. But generally, IQ does NOT change significantly over the lifespan. Unless there is an 'insult' to the brain: eg head injury, infection ordisease etc, IQ absolutely SHOULD NOT be dropping by 10 points over 3 years!!!!!
12. In 30 years of giving hundreds of IQ tests, I have only seen such a decline ONCE (a few weeks ago), in a man with severe Autism. Otherwise, a fall of this magnitude, without a head injury, tumour or other disease process, is simply unprecedented.
13. This finding ALONE, in this single child, should have been enough to immediately halt ALL administration of PBs worldwide until more data was collected. In medical terms, this is almost as unusual and alarming as if her blood type or fingerprints had changed.
14. .But here's more evidence: Below shows an average 7-point drop in IQ of 25 kids after 2 years on PBs. This rate of decline is consistent with the Brazilian finding. It's not an 'artefact' of testing. Something very serious and dangerous is happening as a result of PBs. Image
15. This data is known. This information is out there, yet PBs are still being pushed as 'Affirming' and 'lifesaving' care for children. In reality, PBs are causing significant and possibly IRREVERSIBLE BRAIN DAMAGE. They are impacting both Gf and Gc.
16. ALL children should routinely have their IQ tested at the beginning of 'treatment' and periodically whilst on PBs. But gender clinics are not collecting this data, so the true scale of the disaster in terms of the cognitive damage to children is not yet known.
17. It's possible these children's IQs are CONTINUING TO FALL. A 10-point drop is the difference between getting a degree or not. A 20-point drop is the difference between living independently or staying at home with parents because you cannot manage life without help.
18. This is a scandal of unprecedented and unimaginable proportions. But there's also mounting evidence that X-sex hormones are also causing a decline in IQ in adults even AFTER the critical Myelination process is complete (age 25 to 30). I will do another thread on that.
19. Please Rx. Transgender 'healthcare' for children is a Crime Against Humanity. It MUST be stopped. By us.
21. PBs do have a role: For a 4-year-old who starts menstruating, the risk of cognitive impairment is less than the psychological consequences of CPP. But they have absolutely NO place in 'treating' the psychological dysfunction of otherwise perfectly HEALTHY children.
22. Somehow, shockingly, puberty is now seen as an illness which must be blocked. Regardless of the consequences to children. But PBs affect the ENTIRE body. Not just sexual development They don't mysteriously and miraculously stop working above the shoulders!
23. And, before I get all the usual, nonsensical pushback: I am a 'real' psychologist; I do have a DClinPsych; I am not, and have never claimed to be a medical doctor; I'm not a 'crackpot'; my views are not outliers; every clinical psychologist knows the truth of this thread.
See also my thread on the impact of PBs on Executive Functioning ( ie higher level cognitive functioning - if IQ is the engine, EFs are the SatNav).

The impact is equally dire.

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Dr P

Dr P Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @Psychgirl211

Mar 13
Now that @NHSEngland has blocked the use of PBs let’s consider the wider, psycho-social impact of blocking a child’s puberty.

1. Puberty is a time of huge change. Not only in respect of a child’s sexual development (the only aspect ever seemingly given consideration) but also in their physical growth and brain development. We already know that PBs can lead to a fall in IQ and can impair the development of executive functioning, ie higher-order cognitive skills. (See my attached threads).
2. But what about the psycho-social impact of blocking puberty? The unfortunate child whose puberty has been 'blocked' does not live in a vacuum. They are part of a social network of siblings, friends and peers. What then happens to their interpersonal and social functioning?
3. Let’s take a 10-year old ‘diagnosed’ with ‘Gender Dysphoria’ (I call this Fake News/Factually Nonexistent GD, ‘FNGD'), who is put on PBs so they can have “time to think”. (This itself is a contradiction and a lie. PBs shut down brain development. How then, can these children undertake the highly complex inductive reasoning necessary to understand the lifelong impact of PBs?). But we shall move on.
Read 14 tweets
Feb 4
Hi X

So let’s talk about thinking styles, suicide risk and 'Gender Affirming Healthcare' (GAC). This is going to be another long post. Your executive functions need to be up to scratch :)

Stay with me!
1. It’s an article of faith to TRAs that if children and adolescents are not allowed to ‘transition’, they will kill themselves.

2. If it were true that going through normal puberty increased the risk of death, there would be abundant historical evidence. Additionally, there should be uncountable suicides happening right now across the world wherever ‘GAC’ is not available
3. But this isn't happening now and there's no historical evidence that it ever did. The myth of what I call FNGD, (Fake News/Factually Non-existent, Gender Dysphoria) being a precursor to and cause of suicide/parasuicide and suicidal ideations is a cynical manipulation of vulnerable youngsters by the rapacious gender industry and deluded TRAs.
Read 20 tweets
Jan 13
Hello X

Let's talk about the impact of PBs on brain maturity.
The brain doesn't fully mature until about 25 or 30. But what is the process of brain maturation? How is a 5 year old's brain different from a 30 year old's?
What ELSE are we stopping when we give children PBs?
1. Description: The main difference between a 5 and 30 year old's thinking is in the presence of Executive Functions (EFs). These are higher-level cognitive skills and are analogous to a conductor leading an orchestra, who controls, organises and directs the musicians.
2. EFs require the presence of ‘meta-cognitions’. Namely ‘thinking about thinking’. “I hate my boss” is a cognition. “I won’t punch my boss because I will get arrested and lose my job” is a meta-cognition.
Read 27 tweets
Jan 11
Hi X

1. So, let's talk about the impact of X-sex hormones on cognitive functioning - and there's the problem.

2. Given the huge numbers of adults taking E and T to 'transition', there is a stunning lack of research into what this is doing to the brain and to IQ specifically.
3. But, as reported by DTrs and people still on E and T, something IS happening. They call it the 'Pink Fog'. Here are my thoughts about it as a clinical psychologist. Read this thread first for definitions and terms.
4. The 'Pink Fog' describes confusion, memory loss and slowed responses. I think people are in reality experiencing reductions in IQ and in Executive Functioning (planning, sequencing, memory, emotional regulation, etc).
Read 18 tweets
Dec 16, 2023
The 'Trans child' is an obscene dereliction of adult responsibility. But psychology sees all behaviours as having a meaning, and serving a purpose.

So, here's my classification of the different types of 'Trans child' and the mechanisms driving and maintaining these.
CELEBRITY/ATTENTION-SEEKING
1. As in this picture, the purpose of the TC is wholly to gain public attention. The child's 'transition' is initiated and controlled by an adult. Typically the mother.
TRAUMA-ESCAPE
2. Trans ideation in children is not normal. It is an expression of pathological/abnormal/dysfunctional thinking
3. This TC is escaping from internal trauma such as a response to sexual abuse, bullying, family discord, depression, anxiety, or same-sex attraction.
Read 9 tweets
Dec 14, 2023
Let's talk about ' Fake News Gender Dysphoria'
2. GD was introduced into the DSM-5 in 2013 by Trans activists. It replaced Gender Identity Disorder (GID)
3. GID had a high clinical threshold: it was classified as a psychiatric condition, ie an abnormal functioning of the mind
4. A GID diagnosis was made by a psychiatrist and multidisciplinary team following a lengthy and detailed assessment process.
5. By contrast, 'dysphoria' simply means low mood. It can be diagnosed by anyone, including self diagnosis by children.
6. But GD is not real. It is merely the 'rebranding' of well known developmental, neurobiological and psycho-social conditions and factors that impact children.
7. Eg, Autism, mood disorders, childhood sexual abuse, family dysfunction, divorce, school refusal...
Read 14 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(