Aaron Rupar Profile picture
Jan 11 27 tweets 8 min read Read on X
I am going to live-tweet Trump's Fox News town hall. Follow along for commentary and notable clips. Image
Let my say up front that if you appreciate this thread, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy it and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thanks. publicnotice.co/subscribe
it sounds like Trump has a laugh track
Trump on his first term: "I think you had very little chaos."

Lol.
Trump on his handling of covid: "We did a great job."
BAIER: Can you say tonight that political violence is never acceptable?

TRUMP: Well of course that's right

(That's not exactly a yes)
"I am not going to be a dictator" -- Trump
of all the things that didn't happen, this is the thing that didn't happen the most
Trump: "I already started to like Christie better"
dipping into the GOP debate and it appears Haley and DeSantis are fighting each other to the death for second place
I'm so old I remember "15 days to slow the spread" ...
Trump says that Fauci wasn't really a factor in his administration, but was after Biden took office. We noticed!
Asked about his comment that he's rooting for an economic crash during the next 12 months, Trump says he didn't say the thing he's on tape saying
Trump claims Biden (not Putin!) caused Russia's war on Ukraine
TheWorstPersonYouKnow.jpg
Trump: "We are going to have the largest deportation effort in the history of the country."
Trump says a Fox report about people on the terror watchlist crossing the border is "beautiful" from his standpoint
Baier asks Trump about revelations he received money from foreign governments while in office and asks him if he will divest from his businesses during a second term. Trump dodges the question, which means no, and does a promo for his private clubs.
yep, they're still fighting to the death for second place
Trump takes credit for "terminating" the right to an abortion: "I did it. And I'm proud to have done it."
Trump on DeSantis: "I watched him last night. He's standing up with his shoes. His fancy shoes."
Trump lies that Democrats are "willing to kill" babies "after birth." Zero pushback from the Fox News hosts.
Trump calls Viktor Orbán "a great leader" and "strong" and touts his endorsement
BAIER: Would you be committed to NATO in a second Trump term?

TRUMP: Depends if they treat us properly
DeSantis and Haley are still fighting to the death for the biggest participation trophy
The Trump Fox News town hall is over. If you appreciate me watching it so you didn't have to and bringing you highlights, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll like it and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thx! publicnotice.co/subscribe
Let me also note that I made this thread using @SnapStream, the premier tool for social media video and event coverage. If your company or organization wants to put together video threads like I do, click the link below for more info and to set up a demo. go.snapstream.com/moments/aaron?…

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Aaron Rupar

Aaron Rupar Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @atrupar

Jun 30
Margaret Brennan was not having JD Vance's attempt to shift blame to the media for Trump's lying
BRENNAN: If you're VP, do you believe Trump could pardon himself?

VANCE: We know POTUS has to have immunity. Should Obama be prosecuted for droning American citizens?

B: So you do believe POTUS could pardon himself?

VANCE: I believe the president has broad pardon authority.
BRENNAN: In a Trump/Vance administration, would your Justice Department prosecute Joe Biden, and if so for what?

VANCE: Well first of all, that would be the responsibility of the attorney general.
Read 4 tweets
Jun 30
Rep. Clyburn on CNN: "I always say that the best predictor of future behavior is past performance. And when you look at the best performance of these two men, we get a lot of indication of what their future behavior should be. Joe Biden should continue to run on his record."
Clyburn: "Take into account the record. Yes, it was a bad performance ... I know when I see what I call 'preparation overload.' And that's exactly what was going on the other night."
Dana Bash gets a bit defensive after Clyburn criticizes the CNN debate for the lack of fact-checking (Bash was one of the moderators)
Read 5 tweets
Jun 28
I'm putting together a thread covering the first Biden-Trump debate of the 2024 cycle. Follow along for clips and commentary 👇 Image
Let me note up top that if you appreciate me watching so many political events and bringing you clips and threads, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. publicnotice.co/subscribe
Biden and Trump do not shake hands
Read 56 tweets
Jun 26
"I think I've been preparing for it my whole life" -- Trump on how he's preparing for the debate 😆
Trump seemed to pass out during his Newsmax interview with Corey Lewandowski as Lewandowski railed about Biden being on drugs
NOBODY:

NOT A SOUL:

TRUMP:
Read 9 tweets
Jun 23
Literally the first words out of Trump's mouth tonight in Philadelphia were to push the big lie
Trump thinks that pharmacies are storing bars of soap behind "steel" and it takes "45 minutes" to buy a toothbrush
"The FBI crime statistics Biden is pushing are fake." -- Trump's strategy for dealing with the fact that Biden has presided over a decline in crime is to lie about it
Read 12 tweets
Jun 22
I'm going to put together a thread covering Trump's speech to the Faith & Freedom Coalition in Washington DC. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
Let me say up top that if you appreciate me watching Trump so you don't have to, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. publicnotice.co/subscribe
wut
Read 37 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(