Eitan Fischberger Profile picture
Mar 18 โ€ข 14 tweets โ€ข 7 min read โ€ข Read on X
๐ŸงตProbably the most sophisticated Al Jazeera "journalist" psy-op yet:

You may have seen the headlines today about Al Jazeera journalist Ismail al-Ghoul, who was apprehended by the IDF in Shifa Hospital while it was battling terrorists.

Given the multiple instances since October 7th of Al Jazeera journalists moonlighting as Hamas operatives (or vice versa), I figured Iโ€™d take a look into al-Ghoul as well.

What I found was a highly sophisticated, concerted effort to โ€“ for lack of a better word โ€“ manufacture a "legitimate journalist" out of whole cloth.Image
2/ Here are al-Ghoul's official journo social media accounts on telegram, x, and facebook. They were all created between November 2023 โ€” February 2024.

And here are his first posts on his official Instagram and TikTok accounts.

In other words, unlike many of the Al Jazeera journalists who have been exposed as terrorists or terror supporters since October 7th due to their social media activity, much of this guy's social media activity was inaccessible.

Or so I initially thought.Image
4/ Turns out he has a personal Facebook, on which he loves to post his love for Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar

5/ He also glorifies terrorism, like in the cases of Basel al-Arraj, the head of a PFLP cell who was killed in a gun battle in the West Bank in 2017, and Diya'a al-Sabarini, an al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terrorist who was killed in a gunfight with the IDF
6/ I then found an old disabled X account of his using internet sleuthing stuff.

He used to be a journalist at the Hamas-run news outlets Felesteen and Al-Resalah Image
7/ I also found that after working for Hamas news outlets, al-Ghoul worked for several "media production companies" in Gaza before moving over to Al Jazeera right after October 7th.

aljazeera.net/encyclopedia/2โ€ฆ
8/ Although al-Ghoul's old X account is disabled and his posts can be seen, I did some more internet sleuthing stuff and managed to find some of his old posts in which he demonstrates his antisemitism and support for terror.

For example:

"The greatest epidemic is the Israeli entity and every Arab trying to normalize it as a reality to coexist with them...

72 years of continuous crime and abuse against Palestinians, the most recent being exposing Palestinian prisoners to the global pandemic.

#Covid48"Image
9/ Translation:

"Alternative tools are a treasure in the hands of all the young people of the West Bank
#DownWithTheAnnexation_Decision" Image
10/ To clarify: al-Ghoul's prior TikTok, X, and Instagram accounts were deleted. We know this because the usernames of his new accounts on the platforms all end with the number 2.

Itโ€™s no small feat to erase much of someone's social media presence, create new profiles, and then amass hundreds of thousands of followers in just a few months, as seen with al-Ghoul.

The orchestrator of this psy-op invested considerable effort to conceal al-Ghoulโ€™s connections to Hamas and his malevolent beliefs. They recognized the importance of meticulously shaping an image that aligns with the standards of โ€œrespectedโ€ news sources like Al Jazeera.

Ultimately, they transformed a Hamas operative into an ostensibly "legitimate" journalist, yet whose primary goal is to disseminate Hamas propaganda and demonize the State of Israel, whether through his reporting or now, by elevating his status to that of a martyr following his arrest.

Judging by the public response to al-Ghoul's arrest, it's evident that their strategy was wildly successful.Image
11/ If you haven't done so yet, I would appreciate if you share my thread to spread the word about this type of nefarious public manipulation.

And while you're at it, please share the legendary @mishtal's thread about the Ghoul as well!

12/ If you made it this far, feel free to check out some of my other threads exposing Al Jazeera "journalists"

โ€ข โ€ข โ€ข

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh
ใ€€

Keep Current with Eitan Fischberger

Eitan Fischberger Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @EFischberger

Sep 14
๐Ÿงต I๐Œ๐ž๐ž๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐”๐ง๐ข๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐ญ๐ฒโ€™๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐‚๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐Œ๐ข๐๐๐ฅ๐ž ๐„๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐’๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐ข๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ

This past week, hedge fund manager Joseph Edelman resigned from Brown Universityโ€™s board of trustees over the institution's handling of antisemitism.

So with Brown's antisemitism once again in the headlines, I thought Iโ€™d take the opportunity to introduce you to its new director of the Center for Middle East Studies, Elias Muhanna.

During the height of the Israel-Hamas War in 2014โ€”instigated after Hamas terrorists kidnapped three Israeli teenage hitchhikersโ€”wrote what can only be described as a masterclass in Hamas apologia

qifanabki.com/2014/07/31/hamโ€ฆImage
This is Elias
Elias has no problem with students trespassing as long as it's for anti-Israel purposes, seems to think that Israel has turned Gaza into an "assassination factory," and likes to tout his BDS bona fides

Read 7 tweets
Sep 12
๐Ÿงต Anyone who doesn't believe that Gazan "journalist" Amr Abu Ridah is a PFLP operative โ€” despite his own admission โ€” is welcome to look at his Telegram channel, which is literally filled to the brim with PFLP propaganda and murderous incitement
The Telegram channel contains nearly 28k photos and 16k videos, so I can't comb through all of it.

But I imagine there's a photo or two of him engaging in terror activities or in PFLP uniform.

I won't show you most of his gleeful posts on October 7th, but here's just a taste Image
The entire channel โ€” really the entire channel โ€” is incitement to terror, mostly from the PFLP (at least pre-October 7th)
Read 5 tweets
Sep 8
๐ŸšจHUGE๐Ÿšจ: Georgetown Qatar to Host Hamas Member

In two weeks, @GUQatar โ€“ a branch of Americaโ€™s top school for diplomacy โ€“ is hosting a conference titled "Reimagining Palestine."

Among the antisemitic and terror-supporting speakers is one name I hadn't seen before: Wadah KhanfarImage
This is Wadah Khanfar, photographed in Gaza circa 2013.

But who is he exactly? Well, "officially," he was a board member and Director General of Al Jazeera, the Qatari government-controlled media empire, between 2006-2011. Image
However, according to numerous Arabic-language news outlets, Khanfar is not just a renowned figure in the Arabic media landscape, but a senior member of the Hamas terrorist organization and part of the Muslim Brotherhood.

For example, the Palestinian Raya Media Network writes that Khanfar:

๐Ÿ”ธโ€œWas active in the Hamas movement and was one of its most prominent leaders in the movement's office in Sudanโ€

๐Ÿ”ธโ€œIs considered one of the senior political leaders of the Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas). He held the position of Head of Hamas' Political Office for (South and North Africa) in the South African city of Johannesburg, where he operated under the name 'The African Middle East Center for Studies and Research.'"

raya.ps/news/552905.htโ€ฆ
raya.ps/news/511931.htโ€ฆImage
Read 14 tweets
Sep 6
Last, but certainly not least in our series of @NPR journalists covering the Israel-Hamas War, is Abu Bakr Bashir.

His Facebook account shows him to be quite the jokester. But not all of the jokes land โ€” like this one๐Ÿงต Image
Translation of the above โฌ†๏ธ

"He tricked him by saying: I will sell you the car for 100,000, with a down payment of 50,000, and monthly payments of 10,000. The buyer agreed, happy to have made a good deal, and when he was leaving, the seller said: And 500 for D."
Yes, it's his profile.
Read 9 tweets
Sep 5
๐Ÿงต ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ง๐ญ๐ข-๐๐ข๐ฌ๐š๐ง ๐๐š๐œ๐ค๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ก ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ง

Although Emmy-nominated Bisan Owdaโ€™s PFLP ties donโ€™t concern pro-Palestinian supporters, many were upset at her for promoting conspiracy theories against the polio vaccine.

Gazan influencer Nour Alsaqa shared a particularly spicy video condemning Bisan
Here's Nour's sister, whom she references, commenting on Bisan's initial anti-polio vaccine video

As well as a follow-up video in which Nour calls Bisan out for exploiting the suffering of Gazans for personal gain
Here's Bisan's response to the Gazan surgeon: Image
Read 6 tweets
Sep 4
Introducing Anas Baba, an @NPR journalist from Gaza paid with American tax dollars.

Baba's social media presence is scant, but he does appear to have an old Facebook account where his "biases" are front and center ๐Ÿงต Image
Translation:

"Allah is the greatest. The volleys of the resistance's rockets, without exception, are music to my ears, with bursts surpassing fifty. May Allah guide your shooting; avenge our martyrs.... oh warriors of the homeland and the cause. O you who hold on to the rifle" Image
He's very into artistic shots of terrorists Image
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(