Aaron Rupar Profile picture
Oct 16 15 tweets 5 min read Read on X
I'm going to put together a thread covering Kamala Harris's Fox News interview with Bret Baier. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
Baier's first question to Kamala Harris presses her on undocumented immigration. Baier barely lets her get a word in.
Baier is really going for blood here. Harris does a nice job standing her ground.
the first 10 minutes of Baier's interview are him just trying to score gotchas on Harris on immigration
after grilling Harris for more than 10 minutes about immigration, Baier pivots to playing a transphobic Trump campaign ad for her and asking her to respond. Harris says, "He actually has no plan in this election that is about focusing on the needs of the American people."
Harris does a nice job landing attacks on Trump when Baier lets her complete a thought
Kamala Harris on Fox News: "Let me be very clear: My presidency will not be a continuation of Joe Biden's presidency."
BAIER: What are you turning the page from?

HARRIS: First of all, turning the page from the last decade in which we've been burdened by the kind of rhetoric from Donald Trump designed to divide our country
Kamala Harris on Fox News on Trump: He's unfit to serve. He's unstable. He's dangerous. And people are exhausted.
Baier tries to bait Harris into saying something bad about Trump supporters. Shameful stuff from him. Harris has a great response.
WOW -- Kamala Harris forcefully calls out Bret Baier for playing a deceptive clip whitewashing Trump's comments about "the enemy within"
Harris on concerns about Biden's decline: I think the American people have a concern about Donald Trump which is why the people that know him best have all spoken out & said he's unfit & dangerous & should never be POTUS again including his former VP which is why the job was open
BAIER: Critics say that you relaxed or failed to enforce sanctions on Iran

HARRIS: Let's go back to Trump who pulled out of the deal that would've actually put Iran in check and it was under Trump that we had an American military base that was attacked
That's it for Kamala Harris's Fox News interview with Bret Baier, which mostly felt like Baier's audition to become Trump's White House communications director
Friendly reminder that if you appreciate these threads I put together bringing you highlights from big political events, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy PN and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thanks. publicnotice.co/subscribe

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Aaron Rupar

Aaron Rupar Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @atrupar

Oct 16
Kamala Harris: "I am joined today by over 100 Republican leaders from across Pennsylvania and across our country who are supporting me candidacy, and I am deeply honored to have their support ... we are here today because we share a core belief: we must put country over party."
Harris: "We know the Constitution is not a relic from our past, but determines whether we are a country where the people can speak freely and even criticize POTUS without fear of being thrown in jail or targeted by the military."
Harris points out that Trump violated his oath to the US and adds, "Donald Trump lost the 2020 election."
Read 9 tweets
Oct 16
I am going to put together a thread covering Trump's "women's issues" Fox News town hall with Harris Faulkner. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
Let me note up top that if you appreciate me watching Trump so you don't have to, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. publicnotice.co/subscribe
Lol not exactly an undecided group of women here
Read 29 tweets
Oct 16
I am going to put together a thread covering Trump's rally in Atlanta. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
Let me note up top that if you appreciate me watching Trump so you don't have to, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. You'll like Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. publicnotice.co/subscribe
a look at Trump's crowd tonight
Read 24 tweets
Oct 15
I am going to put together a thread covering Trump's interview with the Economic Club of Chicago. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
If you appreciate me watching Trump so you don't have to, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy our politics coverage at Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. publicnotice.co/subscribe
The first question Trump gets is about his proposals being projected to add more than twice as much debt as Harris's. Trump responds with a bunch of talking points that don't address the question. The crowd applauds anyway.
Read 27 tweets
Oct 14
Walz in Green Bay: "I just came from Lambeau Field. First visit. My staff was like, 'don't say anything about the Vikings.' I said, that's like telling somebody not to swear in church! Of course you don't do that ... this year, the road to the WH goes through the NFC North"
Tim Walz on going on Fox News: "Our policies help the people who listen to Fox News. That's why we need to get out there."
Walz hits Trump for not releasing his medical records and says, "Trump said he would release his medical records ... I think he forgot to do it. He's been forgetting things ... it would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous."
Read 9 tweets
Oct 14
I'm going to put together a thread covering the Trump town hall event in Oaks, Pennsylvania. Follow along for clips and commentary. Image
Let me note up top that if you appreciate me watching Trump so you don't have to, please support what I do by signing up for my newsletter. I think you'll enjoy Public Notice and paid subscribers make my work possible. Thanks. publicnotice.co/subscribe
Right Side Broadcasting says we need a strong leader who will make the trains run on time
Read 26 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(