Overton Profile picture
Oct 18 2 tweets 2 min read Read on X
WATCH: Jim Gaffigan Obliterates Kamala Harris and Democrats in Brutal Roast at Al Smith Dinner——Two Minute Montage of Best Moments |

Wow.

This might just be the Ricky Gervais Golden Globes moment for politics.

Comedian Jim Gaffigan just delivered a scorching takedown of Kamala Harris and the DNC with brutally honest set of jokes at the Al Smith Dinner tonight, leaving no one in the room unscathed.

"You know, this event has been referred to as the Catholic Met Gala. 22% of Americans identify as Catholic. Catholics will be a key demographic in every battleground state."

"I'm sorry, why is Vice President Harris not here?"

"I mean, consider this. This is a room full of Catholics and Jews in New York City. This is a layup for the Democratic nominee."

"I mean, in her defense, she did find time to appear on The View, Howard Stern, Colbert, and the long-time staple of campaigning, the Call Her Daddy podcast."

"President Biden couldn't be here tonight."

"The DNC made sure of that."

"The media has begun discussing the phenomenon of secret Trump voters. I don't know if you've heard about this. People who publicly say they would never vote for Trump, but then when they go in the voting booth, they do."

"It's a small group————they're called the BIDEN FAMILY."

"The Democrats have been telling us Trump's re-election is a threat to democracy."

"In fact, they were so concerned about this threat, they staged a coup, ousted their democratically elected incumbent, and installed Kamala Harris."

"In other words, all her dreams have come true."

"It really makes you consider the power of prayer, right Cardinal?"

"Sometimes prayers take 3.5 years and a George Clooney op-ed."
If you enjoyed this montage, please consider following our network @overton_news and sharing our content with your friends and community on X.

Make sure to turn on notifications to never miss another Overton post! Image

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Overton

Overton Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @overton_news

Oct 25
WATCH: Vivek Ramaswamy Ignites Arizona Crowd With Historic Speech in Support of Trump — '2024 is Our 1776' | Via @VivekGRamaswamy

This could go down as one of the greatest political speeches of all time.

Vivek Ramaswamy's masterful address at Trump's rally in Arizona tonight will send shivers down the spine of any red-blooded American patriot.

With both intensity and conviction, Ramaswamy declared that the stakes in the 2024 election are as high as they when American patriots defeated British tyranny in 1776, and that Americans must rise again to elect Donald J. Trump, defeating tyranny once more.

This is a fight for the very soul of America.

"2024 is our 1776 and I mean it when I say this, I think Donald Trump is the George Washington of our moment."

"They shot at George Washington when he crossed the Delaware. They missed when they tried for Donald Trump, too."

"This time around, we're not messing this up for our country. And I'm asking you, you guys do your part."

"Donald Trump's going to do his and we will make sure that our best days are still ahead of us, that we restore that American dream, that we restore that belief in the impossible, that we are the unafraid, the explorers, the pioneers who nobody was going to stop."

"That is what won us the American Revolution. That is what reunited us after the Civil War. That is what won us two world wars and the Cold War. That is what still gives hope to the free world."

"And if we can revive that dream over group identity and victimhood and grievance, then nobody in the world, not a nation, not a corporation, not a virus, not China, and certainly not Kamala Harris or Tim Walz is going to defeat us."

"That is what American exceptionalism is all about. And that is what we will revive to save this great nation."

"Thank you all. God bless you and your families. And may God bless our United States of America."

"Do not stop fighting until we get this job done!"

"Thank you, guys. God bless."
Here are some of Vivek's other top speeches from this past year that we have covered;

1. Vivek breaks down the machine Trump is up against in 2024 — 'We Are Running to Dismantle a System'
2. Vivek's electric 2024 RNC address
Read 6 tweets
Oct 12
NEW - Biden's Subtle Sabotage: How the President May Be Undermining Harris’ Campaign 🧵|

In recent weeks, political observers have noted some subtle and not so subtle moves by President Biden that directly undermine Vice President Kamala Harris' presidential bid. What may initially appear as minor oversights or political blunders could actually be part of a deliberate strategy by Biden.

New reporting from the New York Post (rb.gy/emmuqn) suggests that these acts are not accidental but rather a form of political payback.

According to insiders and political pundits, Biden may be seeking revenge on Harris, who many believe pushed him aside, effectively ending his chance at a second term.

Hank Sheinkopf, a seasoned Democratic strategist, argues that Biden’s aloofness toward Harris' campaign could be a calculated “power move” to remind everyone who’s still in charge.

Sheinkopf;

“It would be absolutely ridiculous to assume that he has no resentment over how he was treated or how, frankly, he was forced out in what some would describe as a coup,”
1. Biden's MAGA Moment in Shanksville

During a visit to the Shanksville Volunteer Fire Department in Pennsylvania to honor the 23rd anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, President Biden had an unusual encounter that left many scratching their heads.

Video from the event shows Biden chatting with a Trump supporter in the crowd before the two swapped hats. While it's not unheard of for politicians to engage in friendly gestures, this exchange took a peculiar turn.

After signing his presidential seal cap, Biden didn’t stop there. He went a step further, demanding the man’s Trump hat, saying with a smile, “I need that hat!”

The crowd urged him to put it on. At first, Biden seemed hesitant, joking, “I ain’t going that far!” But moments later, to the crowd’s amusement, he donned the Trump cap with a broad grin.

In a strange twist, the president left the event still holding the Trump hat, leaving many to wonder what message, if any, Biden was trying to send.
2. Singing From The Same Song Sheet

As America grappled with a series of escalating crises—including the devastation of Hurricane Helene, a failing federal disaster response, a port strike threatening to cripple supply chains, and growing instability in the Middle East—President Biden publicly shifted the weight of responsibility onto Vice President Kamala Harris.

During a recent press briefing, a reporter outlined the various disasters facing the nation and asked Biden to clarify Harris' role in addressing them.

Reporter

"There have obviously been a number of crises that the country has been facing over the past several days with the hurricane, with the port strike, with the situation in the Middle East. Can you talk about how your Vice President, who is running for the presidency, has worked on these crises and what role she has played over the past several days?"

Rather than shielding his vice president from the heat, Biden made sure the public knew Harris was deeply involved in managing these issues, linking her directly to the administration’s struggling efforts.

President Biden

"I'm in constant contact with her. She's aware——we're singing from the same song sheet. She helped pass ALL of the laws that are being employed now."

"She was a MAJOR player in EVERYTHING we've done. Including passage of legislation, which we were told we could never pass, and so she's been——and her staff is interlocked with mine in terms of all the things we're doing."
Read 7 tweets
Oct 12
NEW - Here The Top Election-Related Stories From Today in Under 5 Minutes 🗳 |

1. Senator J.D. Vance Turns the Tables on New York Times Reporter Lulu Garcia-Navarro Over 2020 Election Question

Garcia-Navarro

"In the debate, you were asked to clarify if you think Trump lost the 2020 election. Do you believe he lost the 2020 election?"

Vance

"I think that Donald Trump and I have both raised a number of issues with the 2020 election, but we're focussed on the future. I think there is an obsession here with focussing on 2020. I'm much more worried about what happened after 2020, which is a wide-open border, groceries that are unaffordable——"

Garcia-Navarro

Senator, yes or no. Did Donald Trump lose the 2020 election?

Vance

Let me ask you a question, is it okay that big technology companies censored the Hunter Biden laptop story? Which independent analysis have said cost Donald Trump millions of votes."

Garcia-Navarro

Senator Vance, I'm going to ask you again. Did Donald Trump lose the 2020 election?

Vance

Did big technology companies censor a story that independent studies have suggested would have cost Trump millions of votes?

Garcia-Navarro

Senator Vance, I'm going to ask you again. Did Donald Trump lose the 2020 election?

Vance

"And I answered your question with another question. You answer my question and I'll answer yours."

"When our own technology firms engage in industrial-scale censorship, by the way backed up by the federal government, in a way that independent studies suggest affect the votes, I'm worried about Americans who feel like there were problems in 2020, I'm not worried about this slogan that people throw."

"I'm talking about something very discreet. A problem of censorship in this country that I do think affected things in 2020, and more importantly that led to Kamala Harris' governance, which has screwed this country up in a big way."
2. DOJ Sues Virginia as Youngkin's Voter Roll Purge Sparks Legal Battle overtonnews.com/post/doj-sues-…
3. NFL Star Harrison Butker Publicly Endorses Donald Trump, Calls Him 'The Most Pro-Life President'
overtonnews.com/post/harrison-…
Read 7 tweets
Oct 7
NOW - ABC is reporting that Governor Ron DeSantis has refused a call from VP Kamala Harris due to political motivations behind her intent Image
DETAILS: Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis refuses call from VP Kamala Harris ahead of Hurricane Milton: Source overtonnews.com/post/florida-g…
UPDATE: Kamala responds to Gov. DeSantis allegedly refusing her calls; "You know moments of crisis, if nothing else, should really be the moment that anyone who calls themselves a leader, says their going to put politics aside and out the people first."
Read 5 tweets
Oct 6
NEW - Top Moments From President Trump's Return to Butler in Under 5 Minutes 🧵 |

1. Star Spangled Banner

At one point during the rally, a sudden medical emergency forced President Trump to halt his speech for several minutes. The unexpected interruption left the crowd in suspense, eagerly anticipating his return to the microphone.

In the meantime, the rallygoers decided to channel their enthusiasm and patriotism in an unexpected way.

Initially, the atmosphere was relatively quiet, with just a few voices breaking the silence. It was as if the soft melody was a whisper among the thousands of attendees.

However, as the seconds passed, more patriots joined in, and the notes of the national anthem began to resonate throughout the venue, turning what started as a faint murmur into a powerful chorus.

Standing at the podium, President Trump quickly noticed the display of national pride unfolding before him. He even waved his fingers in a conductor-like manner, as if guiding the orchestra of passionate supporters who were now fully immersed in the moment.

Before long, President Trump began to mouth the words of the anthem, and soon after, he fully embraced the moment by singing along with the crowd. As the final notes echoed, the rallygoers cheered, united in their love for their country on this special day
2. Scott Presler's Address

One of the most influential people registering Americans to vote in Pennsylvania, and for that matter the country, is Scott Presler.

After an introduction from Lara Trump, Presler took the stage with a message invigorating voters across the state, while finally receiving accolades for the years of hard work of registering Republicans.

"Pennsylvania, you have the power to change the world."

"Pennsylvania wins the White House, so please, I ask you today, please check your voter status."

"Make sure you're an active voter, registered at your voter status."

"A message to our union workers; we want your vote. We want to keep jobs here in America."

"To our beautiful Amish in Lancaster and across the state; we will protect your raw milk, your dairy, your farming, your school choice, your religious freedom, your ability to afford to have ten beautiful children per family."

"To our hunters; 30% of you are not registered to vote. Please, our hunters, support the Second Amendment, register to vote."

"I feel this from the top of my head to the tip of my toes, I LOVE our great country."

"President Trump took a bullet for us. Please use your ballot and have his back on Tuesday, November 5th, and deliver Pennsylvania for DONALD J. TRUMP!"
3. "As I was Saying...."

Shortly after taking the stage in Butler, President Trump kicked off the rally with a clever joke, referencing his previously interrupted speech.

After thanking Lee Greenwood for the musical introduction and acknowledging the State of Pennsylvania, he began his remarks with the words

"And as I was saying..."

For those who caught the joke, it was a nod to his last rally in Butler last July, where his speech was abruptly cut short after being shot in the ear by failed assassin Thomas Matthew Crooks.

This moment marked a new level of humor from President Trump and served as a witty moment of defiance against the person who attempted to end his life and the MAGA movement.
Read 7 tweets
Sep 3
NEW - Top Highlights From Lex Fridman's Interview With President Trump in Under 5 Minutes 🧵|Image
1. Winning the "Dirty Game" of Politics and the Shifting Media Landscape

Early in the interview, Lex Fridman pressed President Trump on the nature of politics, particularly focusing on how it has turned into a "dirty game."

"You've said that politics is a dirty game in the past——So if it is a game, how do you win at that game?"

President Trump responds;

"Well you win at that game by getting the word out and by using sense. You have to have a feeling where it's going. You also have to have a feeling of what's right. You can't necessarily just go what's popular. You have to do what's good for a country if you're talking about countries."

"You have to get the word out."

"You have traditional television, which is getting a little bit older and maybe less significant. Could be less significant, I don't know. But it's changing a lot. The whole plane of platform is changing a lot. It's changed a lot in the last two, three years."

"From a political standpoint you have find out what people are doing, what they're watching and you have to get on."

"I just see that these platforms are starting to dominate. They're getting very big numbers. I did spaces with Elon and they got numbers like nobody's ever heard before—You wouldn't do that like on radio, you wouldn't do that, those numbers no matter how good a show. You wouldn't do them on television."
2. Ending the War With Ukraine and Russia

Shifting focus toward foreign policy, Fridman questioned Trump on the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia.

"You've talked about the war in Ukraine, and that you would be able to find a deal that both Putin and Zelensky would accept. What do you think that deal looks like?"

Trump remains confident in negotiating a resolution between the two leaders, though he kept the details under wraps. He also reiterated that the war would never have occurred if he had been in office.

"I think the deal, and I wouldn't talk about it too much, because I think I can make a deal if I win as president elect, I'll have a deal made."

"That's something that should have never happened. But it did happen. And now it's a much tougher deal to make than it would have been before it started. Millions of people. I think the number's going to be a lot higher when you see this all at some point iron out. The death numbers are going to be a lot higher than people think."

"They lies about the numbers. They try and keep them low."

"That's a war that absolutely has to get done and then you have Israel and then you have a lot of other places that are talking war."

"The world is a rough place right now. And a lot of it is because of the fact that America has no leadership."
Read 8 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(