1. Mastery of storytelling, plot, character, and theme
2. Hitting deadlines and doing what you say you'll do
3. Being easy to work with/not a diva
1. Thinking you're the exception to every rule 6/
* sliding a manuscript under the bathroom stall
* pitching in costume/in character
* monopolizing their time at the bar
* mailing the agent/ed a gift
* showing up at their office 12/
1. Follow the submission guidelines when querying or submitting.
2. Do what you say you're going to do/hit deadlines.
3. Be pleasant to work with.
4. Don't badmouth people/the industry in public.
5. Don't try to jump the line.
6. Be genuine.