2. Absurdist (not silly for silly's sake)
1. Feature flags
- Protect feature behind a flag. Rollout and rollback is easier.
2. Load tests (the flossing of IT)
- A/B test with and without prank
3. Dark launches
- Launch the feature, but hide it from users (CSS display:hidden).
- Find bottlenecks before launch. (6 month dark launch for Facebook messenger)
- Apple livestream for iPhone 6/Apple Watch launch.
(Principle of least surprise). #srecon
1. Use someone else's resources. - Dance dance authentication - blog post and a youtube video.
2. Creatively describe something that already exists.
3. Troll people. (go 3.0 with generics --> Java)