So, as Mr Farage @nigel_farage said, this leaflet popped through our doors before the Referendum at a cost of £9M, This is probably the only research most people did, it was certainly true for me. Like most people, I took the EU for granted, it was just, there.
It was the most important decision of our lives, the government made it clear that we already control our own borders and there would be tough new restrictions on access to our welfare system for new EU migrants. The government was clear we should stay in the EU.
This is the first mention of leaving the Single Market, not that 'we will' as Farage keeps saying, but leaving will create uncertainty & risk. The government made it clear being in the Single Market means more jobs which rather disagrees with Mr Corbyn's Jobs First #Brexit
THREAD on the Subject of #Brexit & Respect...with a hint of Betrayal.
#Remain#Remainers, #RemainerNow Pls RT or feel free to Use this whenever you are told to Respect the Non-Binding Referendum & by all means add some more.
1. #Brexiters & #Lexiters have 2 justications, apart from 'we won you lost', for the #BrexitShambles.
Namely that we must RESPECT the #Brexit Ref result & that to seek to overturn it would BETRAY the Will of the 'British People'. (nb they often omit the N. Irish)
2. Respect or Lack of Respect & Betrayal at the heart of #Brexit...so...why should we Respect the EURef 2016 & Who or What is being Betrayed?
I have learnt 2 things about "how history happened" as a result of brexit-so-far. Both of them hit hard & if you are reading this - they apply to you to. 1) What were all the nice people in Germany doing when Hitler came to power & started persecuting various groups?
While UK spirals down & out of control, gripped by self-inflicted Brexit-fixated inward-looking dirty-selfish politics, Major Parties talk to themselves with NO results, so far. Yet, every passing day brings new reasons to put Brexit to a #PeoplesVote with the option to #Remain.
The wheels are falling off 'any Brexit' with each passing revelation of FACTUAL REALITY. Anyone who can't see that (regardless of how they voted) is not keeping up! The doubters in Parliament will be swelling in numbers, by the minute. #TriggerIsComing #PeoplesVote #endthechaos
Well, the answer to that lies on the island of #Ireland. Due to the GFA, there are not many ways of squaring the circle of having the hard border that is required by the WTO, Northern Ireland remaining in the UK and the UK being outside the customs union.
So the options faced by HMG are:
1 - call a border poll and let Northern Ireland and the Republic reunite as a single entity. While the Conservatives are nominally the Conservative & Unionist Party, there are many who would not share a tear at the loss of NI....
In any other democracy, such a lapse in the legality of a vote, be it an election or a referendum would require the vote to be re-run with much greater scrutiny. Even setting this aside, the case for a further referendum is strong...
We are two years further on, public opinion (which the referendum was singularly about) has arguably changed, we have also learned much more about the impact, mostly negative that leaving the #EU will have on a vast range of social, economic and institutional areas of the U.K...
1. Every day I awaken hoping MPs would just once challenge the validity of a #Brexit that Robs us of Rights & makes us Poorer based on a non-Binding result the votes of only 25.6% of the Ppl, 37% voters & 51.8% of those voting..many of whom now regret it.
But no it's the same old
2. Autocrats of Right & Left more interested in imposing their wills on the Ppl than the current Will of the Ppl, deny us a #PeoplesVote & a #FinalSay with a #Remain option, on the basis it would undermine democracy, disillusion voters & fuel the Far Right. So #Brexit must happen
3. I repeat...the result was non-Binding & backed by only 26.5% of the Ppl 37% voters. But also these 'Democrats' don't just deny a #PeoplesVote ..they choose to ignore the flawed & probably illegal basis upon which the Ref was based. Cambridge Analytica, Foreign interference etc
I’m at a loss. We had a #EU referendum two years ago, this gave the then Govt a limited mandate to assess the possibility to leave our long standing association as a member of the EU and potentially negotiate an alternative trade and regulatory treaty. The mandate was limited...
...due to the advisory nature of the #EUref and the unknown outcomes of negotiations and the impact upon the UK. now its become very clear that for the majority of the UK, both its people and its institutions...
...leaving our current longstanding and highly successful arrangement is not only extremely complex and far reaching, but in virtually all aspects is enormously damaging both to our economic and social wellbeing...
1a Big diffs between 1980s & today's #Brexit emergency which play to a new Centrist Grouping not being SDP2.. 1. Politicised Remainers 2. Party loyalty less strong 2. Far Right infiltration of Tories 3. Macron 4. LibDems a Catalist with a base 5. Big Funders
A new party is Viable
1. Yes @UKLabour it is nearly beyond time..back your members...back your voters...back the Maj of the Ppl & actively Oppose not Appease.
Your 1st priority is to the Country. #Brexit in any form harms it. @Labour4EU know it...Unions know it..Momentum too. theguardian.com/business/2018/…
2. Don't let the Govt stall or the @EU_Commission give them more time. Any #Brexit will become a Tory one..it hands the UK to the Far Right & ERG.
The Ref validity is long gone...past its Use By date.
Lies, Illegalities & Rights to be Removed w/o CONSENT.
So in yesterday's analysis, we saw how the Labour Frontbench had failed to drive column inches across online news outlets. Today, I look at how the Backbenchers and @LibDems are influencing the #Brexit debate.
1. Never forget the Elephant in the Room..never debated not Consented. #Brexit = Loss of Rights.
If we don't stop the #BrexitShambles we know what follows Tories will Remove them outside the protections we currently have under international treaty...
2. #Brexit is all about deregulation & Removal of Rights & Protections.
The EU doesn't prevent a Govt adding them as a member so why would the Govt wish to leave & repatriate control if not to Remove them?
This has No Consent #PeoplesVote#Remain option. theguardian.com/politics/2018/…
3. I appear to have a hidden commentator...be grateful, if it's a troll, if #Remainers who can see the comment could give it hell & screenshot it for me so I can block it...😎
Life is a hard journey. We ALL have to admit IT, when wrong! Only alternative is digging in, ever deeper, to that wrongful position (aka 'bad decision bias'). I say to Leavers, now, take another fresh look and rethink! This is ALL our futures! #TriggerIsComing#PeoplesVote soon!
51.9% v 48.1% in an ADVISORY referendum, held more than 2 years ago, is clearly NOT today's #WOTP, so a #PeoplesVote is NOW a MUST HAVE, re any final EU destination - incl. #Remain. Will that happen? YES! #TriggerIsComing, soon.
And once more, The #CorbynCult co-opt a #Remain issue: That being the apparent impartiality of certain @BBCNews programmes/platforms & presenters. The cult infested #FBPE, mutated it into #PCPEU, and then branded both branches pointless; sucking the life from #FBPE. #BBCSwitchOff
Alleged Labourite "Remainers" should instead focus on the apparent impartiality of their party's leader. If the alleged main opposition leader actually opposed the Tory govt., the narrative of @BBCNews and other news media outlets would change overnight.
Until the #Remain movement detaches itself from Labour & its supporters, there will be no chance to ever #StopBrexit. Remainers & Corbynites alike may currently have (differing) issues with @BBCNews. That's no reason for Remainers to hitch THEIR wagon to the Corbots' hysteria.
IF we do leave the EU, big IF, I predict that there'll be a marked tendency for Remainers to Leave the UK, and for Leavers to Remain, stuck here. Losers perpetually banking on Winners to just suck it up, and blithely bail them out, just #May be disappointed. There, I've said it!
Close relatives who departed these shores in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, 00's, 10's felt they perceived a better future 'elsewhere'. Am beginning to get it, at last! I #May be a slow learner, or just late to awake to the now revealed realities of the UK, and its 'true prospects'.
Of course, there's an easy alternative. Put the latest EU options (realistic ones only, please, including #Remain!) to a new #PeoplesVote - That should inform us as to the current #WillOfThePeople. That'd be a great start! Better late than never!
1. All of this was predicted by some 2yrs ago & #Brexit lost when May backed by Corbyn invoked A50 w/o a clue what they were doing.
Gross negligence & a lack of due diligence. The deceitful party political game play since then is a travesty of Democracy. ft.com/content/0df20c…