Alright - I am going to really take a look at this. It is of course more than 2 bits of advice. Probably it is 4 - all from someone not fighting for what I am fighting for, who has changed sides twice in 2.5 years. #PeoplesVoteMarch#stopbrexit (Thread) 1/
THREAD on the Subject of #Brexit & Respect...with a hint of Betrayal.
#Remain#Remainers, #RemainerNow Pls RT or feel free to Use this whenever you are told to Respect the Non-Binding Referendum & by all means add some more.
1. #Brexiters & #Lexiters have 2 justications, apart from 'we won you lost', for the #BrexitShambles.
Namely that we must RESPECT the #Brexit Ref result & that to seek to overturn it would BETRAY the Will of the 'British People'. (nb they often omit the N. Irish)
2. Respect or Lack of Respect & Betrayal at the heart of #Brexit...so...why should we Respect the EURef 2016 & Who or What is being Betrayed?
1/12 I studied law which included UK constitutional and EU law. I had a fair understanding of the implications of #Brexit. 2 years on and becoming a volunteer legal writer for @infacts I have learned SO much more thanks to #Brexit
2/12 It’s been a lot of fun going back to the laws and refreshing my memory as well as building on that.
3/12 It is very important to note that the subject of the UK and EU is very complex and it’s reaches are vast. There were areas that we all were not aware of (#Brexiters and #Remainers) until #brexit became a reality.
1. Never forget the Elephant in the Room..never debated not Consented. #Brexit = Loss of Rights.
If we don't stop the #BrexitShambles we know what follows Tories will Remove them outside the protections we currently have under international treaty...
2. #Brexit is all about deregulation & Removal of Rights & Protections.
The EU doesn't prevent a Govt adding them as a member so why would the Govt wish to leave & repatriate control if not to Remove them?
This has No Consent #PeoplesVote#Remain option. theguardian.com/politics/2018/…
3. I appear to have a hidden commentator...be grateful, if it's a troll, if #Remainers who can see the comment could give it hell & screenshot it for me so I can block it...😎
2) This Perth for Europe member was given two weeks, during school holidays, to provide extra information to the Home office or have her citizenship application refused. Luckily she was only away for a week. heraldscotland.com/news/15610885.…
We asked MP @PeteWishart to get involved. His office deal with this type of issue frequently – it's not a one off, but part of the #HostileEnvironment. And what of EU27 citizens who can't afford the £1300+ to get citizenship? Or from countries which don't allow dual nationality?
1. Seen quite a bit of anti #FBPE nonsense...mainly from the further left..we've been called a cult by Corbynistas...I'd remind them, cultists worship deities PEOPLE or objects; opposing a #Brexit which is leaving us all Poorer, Weaker with Less Control & Fewer Rights is neither.
2. Using #FBPE doesn't make us anti Corbyn or Labour it makes us anti #Brexit & sadly that means we are in opposition to those who are forcing a flawed #BrexitShambles upon the Ppl & denying the Ppl a #FinalSay a #PeoplesVote to Confirm the Will of the Ppl to leave or to #Remain.
3. Fighting to give the Ppl a #FinalSay nor indeed giving the Ppl a #PeoplesVote doesn't thwart #Brexit nor disrespect anyone..it merely allows everyone to Confirm if they still want it or now to #StopBrexit & #Remain...it's called DEMOCRACY as it allows ppl to change their minds
Backed by 70% of voters (#LocalElections2018) our two major parties aim to take UK down to the minor leagues of sub-#G20 growth, supported by NO detailed plans as to the costs, complexities & consequences of such bizarre recklessness. Not just insane, but amazingly short-sighted!
2. Is this a case of who blinks first? Surely I, and fellow well-informed remainers, are not in exclusive possession of key economic facts and trends? Con/Lab MUST have these too? Maybe everyone should check the latest @guardian piece by @williamnhutton!
3. People who think Brexit (in any form!) would be easy, painless or cost-free are very sorely deluded! Maybe the 70% who just voted Con/Lab in #LocalElections2018 should have been asking 'that question' of their wannabe councillors? before parting with their votes? Too late now!
A say in whether the EU enlarges or not.
A say in if the EU federalises or remains a union of independent states.
A say in if there is an EU army.
Being the financial capital through which the majority of € is traded while still keeping the £.
The UK has taken the lead in efforts for EU enlargement. It pushed for the inclusion of Eastern European states. It pushed for Turkey to get its shit together so that it could join (which it made very slow progress with, and has largely been undone by Erdogan)
After #Brexit, the UK will have no influence on EU enlargement. In fact, as setting the EU as a rival, every country that joins the EU will a) strengthen the EU, and b) unravels any trade deals that the UK will have made with that country, isolating it further.
1/ Liz it is not that you reported on Nigel & Jacob throwing some fish into the Thames. It’s that you did not also report on many many many more people marching against #Brext. The logic given for. It doing so does not add up.
2/ it is also that you did not raise critical & basic questions in regard to said stunt throwing of fish into the Thames. It is the total Government pro #Brexit. Has exhibited by @BBCNews in recent years.
I have a degree in psychology. The method used here is what's known as conditioning (works on similar principles to grooming girls or radicalising boys to become jihadis). It's despicable. There should be no tolerance for these dark ops in a serious, modern democracy. #StopBrexit
If #Brexit were any good for this country, there'd be no need to lie & cheat to obtain it. I have never known such an underhand, duplicitous Govt as this one. I still cannot get over Davis & Baker lying about the #BrexitImpactReports. Why pursue a policy that makes us poorer?
1/ Yes there is more to it than GDP. Silver lining of #Brexit is it has woken up all of us Brits who are proEU. Before EURef we did not need to be active or engaged. Now we bloody well do because the future of our country is at stake. #FBPE#WATON#REMAIN#StopBrexitSaveBritain
So, while we are resting on the #FBPE-laurels after a hot chase of #WATON, a few very preliminary thoughts on #Brexit and #genre. As my handle indicates, I came to #Twitter with an intent to talk about genre #research, but I have ended up talking about Brexit instead. 1/
Or is that indeed "instead"? A central finding of #genrestudies is that #genre is well nigh omnipresent in human culture, cognition, and communication. Thus, we think, react, and act in genre patterns, and we all have a surprising aptitude for understanding and using genre. 2/
Thus, it may never have entered your mind while discussing #Brexit (or, hopefully, the lack thereof) that you are constantly using and discussing #genre. But you are. Allow me to show you. 3/