We should start where it mattered the MOST. The #CivilWar Era.
The #Democrats did NOT want slaves to have rights. They wanted to keep these black men and women as PROPERTY. They didn't want them to be able to vote. They were "property" and "commodities".
A more radical arm of the #DemocraticParty known as the "Ku Klux Klan" or #KKK were known for threatening, harming, and even killing FREE black men and women. Historians still debate whether the KKK's original grassroots movement is what lead to the #CivilWar.
Overt #racism is only the tip of the iceberg. Far more lies hidden, deeply ingrained, suppressed by conscience, a fear of criticism, even shame. Post 2016 referendum we saw how some of this suppression was lifted. #Brexit didn’t make people racist. The ballot box freed it. 1/9
Covert, ingrained #racism *is* a huge problem for society. It doesn’t help that we can’t see it, that we don’t allow people to have a voice. UKIP in 2015 had over 12% of the votes cast yet no representation in parliament. That can’t have pleased those who voted for them, 2/9
and yet the size of that vote caused #Cameron & the #Conservatives to run scared, promising us a referendum on the #EU which everyone thought would keep that voice quiet. Instead, it became the platform and enabler for the many years of suppresssion. 3/9
Fascism is a religion. The 20th century will be known in history as the century of fascism.
— Benito Mussolini
I’d like to draw some comparisons and contrasts between our present situation and that of fascist Italy between 1922 and 1945.
I choose fascist Italy rather than Nazi Germany because it has always seemed to me a better comparison. Nazi Germany was the extreme militarist, racist and totalitarian variant of Italian fascism, which was more adaptable, pragmatic, rooted in reality and also more incompetent
...ineffectual and half-hearted, all of which seem true to our condition today. Italy was the original form, while Germany was an offshoot.
So in yesterday's analysis, we saw how the Labour Frontbench had failed to drive column inches across online news outlets. Today, I look at how the Backbenchers and @LibDems are influencing the #Brexit debate.
• In seven years from 2009-2015, there were just 212 articles with the words #Labour and #Antisemitism appearing in the same sentence
• In the three years since there have been 2,053
• In those same three years, there have been a total of 3,740 articles containing the word #Antisemitism
• So 55% of all articles mentioning #Antisemitism have mentioned #LabourParty in the same sentence (since 2016)
• 2009-2015 it was less than 7%
On the flip side:
• 2009-2015 there were just 41 articles with the words #Conservative and #Islamophobia appearing in the same sentence
• In the three years since this has risen, but only to 92
It's already #4thofJuly2018 here in #NewZealand and the #antifa uprising has started. A bunch of them came to my house to take my guns. When I didn't have any they got mad. They took away my wife and made me gay marry an immigrant gang instead. Don't ignore the warnings.
In the street #antifa mobs are pouring biodiesel on piles of flags and using them to like giant scented-oil burners but with drums full of estrogen. I never knew people had so many flags. I guess they were keeping them in hiding. #4thofJuly2018
Instead of the flag we now pledge allegiance the Mann hockey stick climate change graph. We all have to kneel in front of it and sing the anthem five times a day. The anthem now is "Girls & Boys" by Blur but with the words rewritten so it's communism. #antifa#4thofJuly2018
2. You said #Conservative principles didn’t really matter, though you really couldn’t tell us what #Conservatism means. Of course, your leader didn’t know either; his attempts to articulate it were painful. You mocked our efforts to explain. ->
3. #Trump wild swings of rhetoric, positions, moods didn’t bother any of you. Whatever Trump said last was best & most true, no matter the word salad in which it was presented. His blatant self-contradictions were obvious to all but to you. ->
European far-right parties & their populist leaders love the idea they are the real & only patriots. Usually great orators, they focus on negative emotions: fear, resentment, nostalgia of a time that never was. But ask them about their relationship with Russia and they go silent!
3. Literally exposing #Censorship itself is banned. Other taboo topics include real exposure of #Corruption that they have identified to specifically block, such as #PizzaGate or #PedoGate. This is why #LIBS will sometimes be blocked as well (blocked ideas).