THREAD: I've seen a lot of "How to Help" posts & I am so grateful for the people who want to help. Having been evacuated from my home for 18 days during the #CarrFire and now living in a community recovering from a natural disaster, I have a few additions. 1/
There are agencies in Butte County doing the best they can but simply don't have the resources to serve the populations that have been displaced. For example, schools are closed until Dec 2. The County library system sure could use an infusion of cash. buttecounty.net/Portals/28/Don… 2/
Libraries will be places of refuge from the smoke but they will also be where people can make copies, access the internet, pick up forms, read books to their kids. 3/
Our hearts are w/our neighbors suffering because of the #CampFire in Butte County right now. Having been evacuated for 18 days from our home during the #CarrFire, I hope this thread on what we learned might be helpful in the days and weeks ahead. 1/
It may be days or weeks before you learn the fate of your property or are able to return. If you are insured, don't wait to contact your insurance company and establish a claim. This is for two reasons: 2/
First, your policy likely provides coverage for the duration of the evacuation (and sometimes beyond as was our case b/c of loss of use of our home). Some insurance policies will expense a set amount of $$ per day. Others want receipts. Some will front you cash. 3/
Pick your Warrior:
- Sen. Lindsey Graham struts from screaming protester
- VP Mike Pence waves to protesters after Justice Kavanaugh confirmed
- Sen. Susan Collins lays out a solid case to confirm Kavanaugh
- Sen. Chuck Grassley times Booker's hearing talk
(2) Shoot, the first tweet has the wrong date. This thread starts on 8/31/18 not 8/30/18. I hate little mistakes, but continuing on is quicker than fixing it all up.
(3) I realize 5 threads are a lot to read, but if your reply shows you haven't read even some of this unpaid research work I've done, you probably won't get a reply from me. I don't mind being unpaid, I prefer it bc I can say what I want.
there's a great @PBS documentary on Dorothea Lange known for her photography of the Great Depression. She was hired by the government to photograph Japanese Internment camps that imprisoned 110K+ people - she was fired & her photographs were impounded
The photographers, filmmakers, reporters covering the news, and what the government is doing now are so essential #heroes
This morning, I’m visiting with #ChrisKyle, American sniper. No matter how many times I come down here to visit him, I always get choked up and overwhelmed with sadness, respect, the same feeling I would as if I lost a member of my family. Rest easy, brother. #Seal#Vetera
**NEW Q** 04/29 10:17 Q gives a personal thanks to BO, Bakers, Autists/Anons who continually dedicate time & energy to the #GreatAwakening & says you are ALL Patriots! ❤️ The hard part is coming to an end! The next phase will bring #JUSTICE
Signed Q+ #QAnon#WWG1WGA@POTUS
**NEW Q** 10:33 Q says what they said today needed to be said!! Patriots have fearlessly laid down their lives in this battle for US!! They are SELFLESS & fight unconditionally for our FREEDOM because they believe in #FREEDOM We HONOR them & must do more to protect them! Q+
(1) Quick thread about the 2018 National Guard border deployment. It takes literally 15 minutes to find, read & watch enough info about the 2006 #OperationJumpStart mission for anyone to understand the good it will do. Watch this 2 min video:
(2) Guardsmen & women throughout the country are offered the opportunity to volunteer for this mission. (I imagine any Governors unwilling to co-operate are gonna have a bad time). It's great for the country but it's also great for the volunteers.
(3) Members of the National Guard come from all walks of life & have all kinds of personal circumstances. Most will serve anywhere, anytime even if that's at particularly high cost, like being in Iraq for 16 months while your only child goes through infancy & toddlerhood.