Discover and read the best of Twitter Threads about #nflplayoffs

Most recents (16)

That was very nearly the worst #NFL collapse I have ever seen. It is ABSURD that the #Rams made such hard work of that - and you know why? It's because McVay stopped playing.

I've lost count of how many head coaches give the opposition life by running the ball, very badly.
The Rams' pass offense was what got them so far ahead... then they stop throwing the ball? Ridiculous.

And just look what happened when they HAD to throw it right at the end.

Just nonsense coaching: which almost threw the whole team under a bus. #BucsRams #LARvsTB #NFLPlayoffs
Trust in #Stafford, for Christ's sake. He barely put a foot wrong out there. Unlike McVay and Akers.

The Rams have as close to an all-star team as it gets in the free agency era. It shouldn't be possible to come so close to messing it all up like that.
Read 4 tweets
How the @Eagles made the #NFLPlayoffs ⬇️

With a new head coach and QB1, Philadelphia had to prove they belonged in the conversation. #FlyEaglesFly (1/7)
Nick Sirianni secured his first win as a head coach with a Week 1 victory in Atlanta.

(2/7)
However, after 2-5 start, the Eagles were still in search of an identity.

(3/7)
Read 7 tweets
79.01/ Week seventy-nine, January 15-21, 2022, thread here.

Week 78 below.
79.02/ Every erev-Shabbas I say 'stay safe' and while that's generally about the pandemic, for my fellow Jews it's also about the onslaught of antisemitism that assaults us since the dominance of unchecked hate on social media which led to the rise of Trump (ym'sh) and others.
Read 32 tweets
How @_BigBen7, @_TJWatt and @CoachTomlin defied the odds and clinched the @steelers a spot in the #NFLPlayoffs. ⬇️
The @steelers defense got off to a hot start with a huge Week 1 win vs. Buffalo.

@_TJWatt's brand new contract was already paying off. 😤
Despite some ups and downs (and a tie 🤷‍♂️), the @steelers continued to fight in every game.

An OT win vs. Seattle in Week 6 set the tone for a team that would not quit.
Read 9 tweets
#CraftBeer of the day: @ratsherrn Festbier 2021 Edition, auf Eichenholz gereift, aus Hamburg. Einfach extrem schmackhaft!
In der Nase rote Beeren, Röstmalz, Getreide und geröstetes Holz. Im Mund rundum süffig mit vielfältigen Nuancen: säuerliche rote Früchte, zarter Hauch von Malzsirup, bitterer Hopfen, würzig, Rosinen, Cranberries.
Meine Voraussagen sind bislang eingetroffen. Ich gehe natürlich auch weiter davon aus, daß die #NFLPlayoffs so verlaufen werden, wie von mir erwartet. #ranNFL #ranNFLsüchtig
Read 5 tweets
Was passieren wird? Das hier.
#ranNFLsuechtig #ranNFL #NFLPlayoffs Image
Das Warten verkürzen mit einem #CraftBeer. Grad nix aus den USA, aber mit Kaffee zum Wachhalten. Langer Abend schließlich heute. Prost!
#ranNFLsuechtig #ranNFL #NFLPlayoffs ImageImageImageImage
#CraftBeer of the day: Ale Mania heißt Espressionism, Imperial Coffee Milk Stout. In der Nase geröstete Kaffeebohnen, Milchschokolade, etwas Vanille sowie Tonkabohne. Im Mund Eiskaffee, Vanillemilchshake, ein Hauch rote Beeren, Zuckerrübensirup und gezuckerter Espresso im Abgang. Image
Read 4 tweets
Lesiones clave y un inicio con marca de 3-5, hacia que el 2021 pareciera perdido.

Un pass rush implacable y el surgimiento de los playmakers ofensivos, fueron la llave para cerrar 7-2 y estar de regreso en los #NFLPlayoffs.

Así fue su camino (🧵1/9 / vía @nfl)

#FTTB | #49ers
La racha comenzó cuando la ofensiva regresó a lo que mejor sabe hacer: series consistentes y largas.

Un drive de 18 jugadas y 11 minutos, marcó la pauta en una victoria 31–10 vs. Rams. (🧵 2/9)

#49ers | #FTTB

La amenaza de Deebo Samuel como receptor Y corredor puso en aviso a las defensivas. Fue el líder del equipo en yardas por acarreo de la semana 11.

El propio Deebo se define como un "wide-back" 😏 (🧵3/9)

#49ers | #FTTB

Read 9 tweets
How the @dallascowboys got into the #NFLPlayoffs 🔽

After an injury-riddled season, the Cowboys got @dak back and put together an all-pro defensive duo no one saw coming, leading them back to the postseason. 💪 Image
Dallas bounced back from a #Kickoff2021 loss in Week 2 at SoFi Stadium in a gritty game vs. the Chargers. Greg (the leg) Zuerlein hit a 56-yarder as time expired to get the ‘Boys in the win column.

Dallas rallied six straight wins from Weeks 2-8. @TrevonDiggs had at least one INT in all of the Cowboys first seven games.

In that stretch, Dallas played in one of the games of the year - when Dak and @_CeeDeeThree walked it off in OT at New England.

Read 8 tweets
The back-to-back AFC champion @Chiefs entered the 2021 season with sky high expectations. Here’s how they got back to the #NFLPlayoffs for the 7th straight season. Image
The hype only got bigger after a Week 1 comeback win.

It looked like the @Chiefs might be human after all when they found themselves at 3-4 after seven games. Still, @PatrickMahomes was still often looking like his old self.

Read 8 tweets
How the @BuffaloBills got into the #NFLPlayoffs 🔽

Coming off their first AFC East title in 25 years, the Bills entered the season as one of the AFC favorites. Image
After dropping the opener to Pittsburgh, the Bills defense put the league on watch with two shutouts in their next three games. Image
Riding a three-game winning streak, the Bills avenged their loss to the Chiefs in last season’s AFC Championship.

@JoshAllenQB accounted for four TDs and @micah_hyde sealed the win with a pick-6, improving the Bills record to 4-1.

Read 8 tweets
Injuries and a 3-5 start had the @49ers seeing deja vu at the start of the 2021 season.

But with a relentless pass rush and the emergence of explosive players on offense, they finished 7-2 and are back in the #NFLPlayoffs.

Here’s how they got there. #FTTB (THREAD 1/9)
Their run started when the offense got back to what it does best: long, sustained drives.

An 18-play, 11-minute drive set the tone in a 31–10 victory over the Rams. (2/9)

Deebo Samuel’s threat as a pass catcher AND a runner put defenses on notice. He led the @49ers in rushing in Week 11.

Remember, this man’s a WR. More on @19problemz later. (3/9)

Read 9 tweets
How the @Bengals got into the #NFLPlayoffs 🔽

Coming into the season, the @Bengals were the underdogs of the AFC North, having not made the playoffs since 2015.
In @JoeyB's first game back since tearing his ACL in Week 11, 2020, it was a couple of rookies who stepped up in their first career games.

@Real10jayy__ hauled in his first TD before @McPherson_Evan kicked the game winning FG with no time left.

Ja’Marr Chase continued his unbelievable start to his career with a pair of TD catches in Week 3 to lead the Bengals over the Steelers 24-10.

It was Cincinnati's first win in Pittsburgh since 2015.

Read 8 tweets
How the @Buccaneers got to the #NFLPlayoffs ⬇️

Coming off their win in @SuperBowl LV, the @Buccaneers were slated as favorites to repeat after returning all 22 starters. (1/8)
In a thrilling #Kickoff2021 matchup, @TomBrady engineered a game-winning drive in the final minutes to defeat the Cowboys in Week 1.

(2/8)
After starting the season 2-1, Brady and the Bucs visited New England for the much anticipated return of the 🐐

Once again, Brady led a go-ahead drive with under two minutes remaining to secure the win against his former team.

(3/8)
Read 8 tweets
Some sportsbooks offer “Big 2” bets - which is the Packers OR Bucs to win the NFC, and Chiefs OR Titans to win the AFC at around -150 each.

Here is why this number is short and I think the “YES” on both is a good bet: 👇🏻

🧵
Starting in the NFC, according to my numbers, GB is 2/1 or has a 50% chance to reach the Super Bowl and Tampa Bay has a 24% chance. If you add the two, since you need either one to win to hit the bet, you get a 74% Packers or Bucs win the NFC.
74% translates to -285 in American odds, which is much higher than the -150 line and the implied 40% probability. “Yes”, on the #Bucs or #Packers to win the conference is a solid bet at the current price.
Read 4 tweets
⚡️With America locked in a global face-off w Iran, @PaulRieckhoff breaks down the latest w his trademark independence, experience, & humor. In Ep41, we approach the enormous stress of this precarious time in history w light, not heat. & @mazdackrassi: GetAngry.us.🎙⚡️ Image
⚡️Episode41 goes deep into the human side of the Iran/US relationship with one of the most successful Iran-American business and cultural leaders in America. @kanyewest called him “a visionary”. Meet @MazdackRassi: GetAngry.us.🇺🇸 🇮🇷🎙⚡️ Image
“@mazdackrassi, what makes you angry?” The powerful, fun and inspiring conversation with @PaulRieckhoff is at GetAngry.us now. If you’re not angry, you’re not paying attention. #IYNAYNPA
Read 401 tweets
Shout out to Mississippian Sarah Thomas! First female NFL official to call a playoff game— Stay warm and call ‘em as you see ‘em. Image
As the first female on-the-field official in the #NFLPlayoffs, Sarah Thomas continues to make history. espn.com/nfl/story/_/id…
A native of Pascagoula, Miss., Thomas has been officiating games since the late 1990s. She became the first female to officiate a college bowl game in 2009. #NFLPlayoffs espn.com/college-footba…
Read 6 tweets

Related hashtags

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!


This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!