(1) Reading Jake Sullivan’s latest @TheAtlantic piece, I wonder why such individuals & outlets are so alarmed about regime change in #Iran. theatlantic.com/international/…
Do they benefit in Tehran's mullahs remaining in power?
They may claim not, yet actions speak louder than words.
(2) Sullivan’s entire argument is based on the fact that sanctions, and more generally a firm policy against #Iran, will bear no fruit. Taking a look at the past 15 months, in contrast to the #Obama years, much of Iran’s malign behavior has taken a nosedive.
(3) Sullivan praises himself (& thus the #Obama team) of negotiating the #IranDeal. What he & others like him refuse to explain is the fact that the people of #Iran, #Syria & other countries across the region are paying the price of their “achievement” with their very lives…
When @JZarif says, "#Iran never raced towards a bomb, nor will it race towards a bomb," rest assured it is the exact opposite.
We will realize how Tehran sought nuclear arms for decades. For a country sitting on an ocean of oil & gas, a "peaceful" nuclear program is meaningless.
A very telling cartoon about #NorthKorea & #Iran, as Pyongyang signals indications to set aside its nuclear weapons/ballistic missile program. This is leaving Tehran as now sole target of the international community's soon-to-come pressures.
For those who describe #Iran's FM @JZarif as a "moderate" or "reformist"
BELOW: POTUS with proud survivors & family members affected by online sex
trafficking, as he signs the FOSTA Act.
(2) After the tragedy of losing a child or surviving online sex trafficking, these brave Americans celebrated the signing of the 'Allow States and Victims to Fight Online SexTrafficking Act of 2017' on April 11. Above, Yvonne Ambrose, a victim's mother, receives a signing pen.
(3) President Trump has done more than any other to stop and prevent online sex trafficking and all forms of abuse, exploitation and trafficking of children, women and men.
#Iran transformed its #Yemen embassy in into a military base, the country's Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Thursday.
Iran’s interference is the source of instability in the Arab world’s poorest nation. thenational.ae/world/mena/ira…
Arab coalition downs two #Iran-made drones over #Yemen, sources indicate.
UAE anti-drone units were able to take control over an #Iran-made drone carrying explosives & on a mission to target Yemeni government forces stationed on the country's west coast.
"A Bulgarian man has been charged in the United States with exporting aircraft parts to #Syria in violation of a U.S. embargo, the U.S. Justice Department said on Wednesday." reuters.com/article/us-usa…
Syrian state TV airs Wednesday's meeting between #Syria's Bashar Assad & Ali Akbar Velayati, int'l affairs advisor to #Iran's Ali Khamenei, claiming the meeting took place today.
Arab news agencies reported this meeting yesterday, saying Velayati returned to Iran.
I thought this would be a good reminder...
A Syrian child breaking down in tears saying Assad is killing us...
What did we do to him? #AnimalAssad
Video from #Douma in #EasternGhouta, near Damascus in #Syria, shows three small children suffering after what is being described as a deadly chemical attack by Assad's forces.
Support from #Iran & #Russia, with Obama turning his back, has led to this horrible situation.
Orient TV, associated to the #Syria'n opposition, reports the number of casualties in the latest #Douma chemical attack has climbed over 190 deaths. #EastGhouta #Iran & #Russia must be stopped from supporting Assad.
(2) The above photo is from the joint press conference with the PM of Norway. We'll get to that a bit later. First, let's look in on the Very Stable Genius' winning move of keeping the live TV cameras rolling while he demonstrated the #ArtOfTheDeal on immigration reform.
(3) The usual WH routine is to have the media record a few remarks at the start of the meeting, then they leave so the participants can conduct the meeting in relative privacy. But this President doesn't always do things the routine way. Esp. when it's to his & our advantage.
(1) Unsurprisingly, pro-Pakistan folks are spinning all kinds of lies about Afghanistan, India, China & Russia in an attempt to threaten & control President Trump & the USA. So it's a good time to revisit his historic 8/21/17 #SouthAsiaStrategy speech. whitehouse.gov/briefings-stat…
(2) Please bookmark the above tweet so you can refer back to this thread later. I'll be back soon to complete it (need coffee).
Here's how POTUS started talking in his speech about the war in Afghanistan.
(3) In a decision that flushed out the faction of Trump voters who are selectively dogmatic and unwilling to consider the "realism" part of #PrincipledRealism, POTUS owned his change of mind on Afghanistan. Obama never admitted taking a stance that differed from his campaigns.