THREAD: How would the Age of Reputation affect discourse in Social Media? (1/31)
(2/31) In the early days of the World Wide Web, there were few ways to validate that the person on the other end of a connection was actually that person. Becoming anonymous was easy, which was both powerful and frightening at the same time.
President Trump is PLAYING the democrats, Jack. He knows they will reject this deal that is MORE than generous to their interests, and show us again how irrelevant they are. Then R's will pass a more conservative #DACA bill with no dem support, claim ALL credit, and WIN!!! #MAGA
When Congress passed Tax Reform last month, @realDonaldTrump got every single democrat to vote AGAINST the American people. Democrats CAN'T do a deal with the President because they are so captive to their radical #Resist base. They lose every time!!! #MAGA
As the #SchumerShutdown demonstrated last weekend, @realDonaldTrump set up the democrats, pulled their pants down and showed us their ugly wrinkled butts. They are once again being played by an apex predator and a master negotiator. #MAGA
1. Chucky has again over played his hand on DACA and Dreamers. How? Simple. He wanted an up and down vote on a fix for DACA and Dreamers from @GOP and @SenateMajLdr. Chucky thinks it is good and will force @GOP to do or he will have justification for #SchumerShutdown number 2.
2. However, what Chucky doesn't understand is that the up and down vote is a two edged sword. By trying to commit @GOP and @SenateMajLdr to this, it also binds Dems to allow the up and down vote to proceed. This means if a bill is proposed, NO FILIBUSTER will take place.
3. Dems thus have to allow vote on a bill or they will have violated the agreement and the justification for #SchumerShutdown number 2 is gone and optics even worse than last shutdown.
2. Didn't take long for the GOP to put this together. Come on. Everyone has to admit it. This is funny. These are #SchumerSellout & #SchumerSurrender quotes from leftists. They just aggregated them.
3. And just for the record, they didn't get "less than nothing" from the #SchumerShutdown turned #SchumerSurrender. They got the @GOP within the margin of error on the generic ballot. Lol. Losing doesn't inspire enthusiasm. Good news for him, there's still plenty of time.
2) This is the first post by #QAnon today.
The image is incomplete.
(If you go to Q's page, you need to click the link at the bottom of the post to expand.)
3) This is the full image posted by #Qanon
As you can see, there's a lot of information.
We're going to break it down into sections.
(Where you decide to end one section and begin another is critical.)
A year in review on the WALL strategy. More detail 1. Trump runs and wins in Nov 8th,2016. His campaign promised among other agenda items a big beautiful Wall.
2. Nov 9th, 2016 the Dems and many gope promise there will be no Wall
3. Between Nov 9th, 2016 and Jan 20th, 2017 a very public and massive camapign was launched to push the concept that the Wall was not popular. Fake polls were employed, narratives were pushed that it wouldn't work, waste of money etc. All to get Trump to soften his stance.
4. Jan 20th, 2017 Trump takes oath of office. Promises strong protected borders. Jan 25th Trump signs EO to begin Wall
5. Jan 20th to May 2017. Wall funding is sought in the supplemental budget. The Senate obstructs. Gives money for border repair, prototypes but no Wall
Dems have really put themselves in a tough spot with this shutdown. The overwhelming majority in the country do not want to see a government shutdown for resolving DACA....
... but the Dem base has been so radicalized that inevitable Dem backtracking will result in tantrums among the base, which is pretty weak in terms of anything binding it together beyond "resist".....
... if the roles were magically switched and I were an immoral Dem I would love to see the "opposition" squirm with a shutdown that went on for a week or two, but that would be if it were purely about politics, and not other things, incl. military....
Normally, I avoid politics, but as a military spouse, here are my thoughts on the #governmentshutdown2018 A THREAD.
2. My wife and I are discussing what we plan to do in the event the shutdown isn't solved by the next pay check. We have savings, but they are for my sons' tuition fund for college. We only have $3,000. Why are we debating between their futures and buying food?
3. My parents have said if the worst happens, they'll help us, but a) we are in another country and b) why are my 60 year old parents supporting us still when we are 30?