IN 2018, WE MUST VOTE BECAUSE:
✅ American democracy is on the ballot
✅ Basic human decency is on the ballot
✅ The health of our planet is on the ballot
✅ Equality & justice are on the ballot
HERE ARE 10 MORE REASONS TO #VoteBlueToSaveAmerica:
1) Donald Trump thinks there are "very fine people" who march with neo-Nazis and the KKK.
2) Donald Trump & the Republicans instituted a Muslim ban in a country whose founding is defined by freedom of religion. #VoteBlue2018#NoBanNoWall
If Libertarians behind Heritage Foundation want a Convention of States for a Balanced Budget Amendment, they should have opposed blowing a $2 Trillion hole in the National Debt with the #TaxScamBill.
But they *pushed* the bill.
They're hiding something.
They don't want to *really* balance the budget; they want to eliminate what they consider the welfare state. They want to kill:
- Medicaid Expansion
- Caps on greenhouse gases
- Assistance to children's: insurance, school lunches, disability support,
- Retraining displaced workers
- Federal contract oversight (to make fraud easier)
- Public reports of OSHA findings (to hide worker safety violations)
- College PLUS loan program (cutting aid to students)
- FAA & TSA (➡️for-profit co's)
- Pricing controls for airlines
THREAD: I'm a small-business owner. A job creator. Met with my CPA; learned that @SenateGOP@HouseGOP#TaxScamBill#TaxScam will result in a massive net tax increase to my business & me, constraining employee wages, benefits, & our ability to hire.
2/ Talk to your accountant. If you run a small business or are an upper-middle-class professional, you are about to get hammered thanks to the @GOP, @SenBobCorker, @SenatorCollins, etc. You may think you're rich in their eyes—statistically you're right. But no.
3/ The @SenateGOP@HouseGOP@GOP is taking money from you—YOU, the real job creators—and giving $1.5 trillion to massive C-corporations. Country club Republican doctors, lawyers, accountants, small-business people who needed relief to expand? It's your pocket being picked.
1. #TAXscam explained by a nerd -
Imagine a video game 500 yrs ago. Even though everyone had to play every day, only Christian white males were allowed to earn points from everyone's work. Everyone could pass their points down to their children, but only white males had points.
2. It's 2017 & rich white males have more experience points than everyone else. Not only do they have more experience points than everyone else, but they also have more health, property, and education points. They even stole points from others.
3. They look at their points and they decide (as the super players) they want more points from the total points available. So, they get together to change the rules. Through rules, they take away the ability of other players to earn more health, property, and education points.
one of USA ramparts against isolation & a means to avoid wars; 7. worldwide US credibility, relevance & trustworthiness, even by staunch traditional allies, is at an all time low; 8. ppl whose only credentials are closeness to 45 are still in key positions & some have made wrong
GARY COHN decided the “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity to make history by cutting taxes for the rich was too great to pass by. Cohn is on record saying, “The most excited group out there are big CEOs about our tax plan.” thehill.com/policy/finance…
DONALD TRUMP once said, “This is going to cost me a fortune, this thing. Believe me. Believe. This is not good for me.” Then went on to champion a #TaxScamBill that could save his family a billion dollars or more.
Congress has their hands full this week — A #TaxScamBill showdown, gun bills, Dream Act, CHIP funding, and, oh yeah, a potential government shutdown Friday at midnight. ⏰
Here's a quick rundown of what to expect and what to get loud about... (THREAD)
MONDAY NIGHT: The House will vote to move forward on the #TaxScamBill! Most likely to send it to Conference Committee, but *slight* chance they'll just pass the Senate bill. Either way, CALL YOUR HOUSE REPS NOW. 🔥📞🔥
If the #TaxScamBill goes to Conference Committee, a window of opportunity opens up to derail the bill. House/Senate could struggle to reconcile differences, previously agreed upon caveats may fail (👉Collins, Flake👈). We must get LOUDER than ever before!! (3/x)