To clarify, I am remain, but I feel a 2nd ref is monumentally risky & perhaps dangerous:-
1. Polls haven't changed much, result could easily be the same 2. Another campaign of hate will embolden the far right 3. If remain win. Leavers will demand another vote
4. Chaos & unrest are likely whatever the result, possibly violence too
What happens if it's still 'Leave'? Picture the chaos, square one. You're simply allowing the Tories more time to fail to come up with a solution. Every day that continues people in this country will suffer
What if it's 'Remain'? Leavers will, with some justification, query why this vote is more valid than the first. This has the potential to cause a constitutional crisis.
People can say 'we know the facts now' all they like, that will not placate millions of angry voters.
More I think about it, the more I'm unimpressed by the #TheresaMay speech. Irritated, actually. 1. Almost anyone can give a tough speech. It's 101 in political communication, and doing it with flags in No 10 guarantees theatre regardless of the content.
2. She says EU has not given its reasons for rejecting Chequers. It has. Countless times. Yes, there were insults on Thursday but the context is months of the EU saying "we can't do this."
3. She's not prepared for "no deal". You can't stand there and level a threat you can't back up. THERE IS NO ECONOMIC PLAN FOR NO DEAL. That's madness and deeply irresponsible.
2. 'We heard that we are now at an impasse in the negotiations with the very real threat of a no deal. What we did not hear was one single word about the future of 1.2 million UK nationals living in the EU27.'
3. 'You appear willing to take the UK out of the EU with a no deal and with no thought for your own nationals'
This all started because the #MetPolice & #LBRUT couldn't do their jobs properly & then decided to take the law into their own hands. The result of this decision has led to events stranger than fiction
My company was raided. It should have been a straightforward matter. But the #MetPolice & #LBRUT forgot to seize my computer & came back to do a 2nd raid. The search warrant didn't permit a second entry, however, #LBRUT entered unlawfully
Complaints were then made to my MP #VinceCable. He liaised with the #Metpolice & #LBRUT. And then weeks later, the search warrant was completely changed & was passed off as the search warrant executed on the day of the raids.
1) #TheresaMay has revealed herself to be an open borders corporatist and an #EU fifth columnist. She regards #Brexit as a problem to be neutralised, not a promise to be delivered.
2) For two years #TheresaMay has stalled us and watered down what we voted for until there is virtually nothing left of it. She has been deliberately deceitful and she has insulted the intelligence of millions of people.
3) Many people who voted to remain want #Brexit to happen because they’re fair-minded enough to respect the result of a democratic vote. They can see that for the government to renege on the result would be like punching a hole in the bottom of a boat.