More I think about it, the more I'm unimpressed by the #TheresaMay speech. Irritated, actually. 1. Almost anyone can give a tough speech. It's 101 in political communication, and doing it with flags in No 10 guarantees theatre regardless of the content.
2. She says EU has not given its reasons for rejecting Chequers. It has. Countless times. Yes, there were insults on Thursday but the context is months of the EU saying "we can't do this."
3. She's not prepared for "no deal". You can't stand there and level a threat you can't back up. THERE IS NO ECONOMIC PLAN FOR NO DEAL. That's madness and deeply irresponsible.
2. 'We heard that we are now at an impasse in the negotiations with the very real threat of a no deal. What we did not hear was one single word about the future of 1.2 million UK nationals living in the EU27.'
3. 'You appear willing to take the UK out of the EU with a no deal and with no thought for your own nationals'
Obama: “I Fully Support Seizure Of White Farmers’ Land In South Africa”
Barack Obama has praised the South African government’s recent decision to legalize the seizure of land from white farmers.
During speech Obama also called for a guaranteed income.
1) #TheresaMay has revealed herself to be an open borders corporatist and an #EU fifth columnist. She regards #Brexit as a problem to be neutralised, not a promise to be delivered.
2) For two years #TheresaMay has stalled us and watered down what we voted for until there is virtually nothing left of it. She has been deliberately deceitful and she has insulted the intelligence of millions of people.
3) Many people who voted to remain want #Brexit to happen because they’re fair-minded enough to respect the result of a democratic vote. They can see that for the government to renege on the result would be like punching a hole in the bottom of a boat.