Why do *some* #Corbynistas and left wingers really hate #Jews?
A short thread.
I honestly think some think #Jew = #Tory. Why might that be? We have always placed great emphasis on the mind and education. I am not saying we're more intelligent but when you're always on the run 1/5
you tend to need a skill you can easily take with you. That's why you find lots of Jews who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, songwriters, teachers, politicians and writers. These skills often lead to well-rewarded jobs so we tend to be successful. 2/5
Good earnings and status leads to assumption we're more likely to be Tories. But there's another thing. All that education Jews strongly emphasise and believe in means we tend to be critical, analytical, questioning. This is why dictators hate Jews. They fear being found out. 3/5
1) #TheresaMay has revealed herself to be an open borders corporatist and an #EU fifth columnist. She regards #Brexit as a problem to be neutralised, not a promise to be delivered.
2) For two years #TheresaMay has stalled us and watered down what we voted for until there is virtually nothing left of it. She has been deliberately deceitful and she has insulted the intelligence of millions of people.
3) Many people who voted to remain want #Brexit to happen because they’re fair-minded enough to respect the result of a democratic vote. They can see that for the government to renege on the result would be like punching a hole in the bottom of a boat.
When you voted to trigger A50
you knew that regulatory alignment would be required for
Northern Ireland, as highlighted by the phase 1 report from 2017,
requiring both the SM & CU.
Does it not make sense to stay in the CU & SM?
The stock statement in response to #Brexit petitions needs to be called out. "There must be no attempts to remain inside the EU, no attempts to rejoin it through the back door, & no 2nd Ref" is fundamentally UNCONSTITUTIONAL as it binds Parliament and the People too.
Parliamentary sovereignty means one Parlt cannot bind another. This invalidates the "cannot reverse #Brexit" subtext of the above statement, as we've had a general election since #Article50 was triggered, so technically this is a different Parlt not bound by the previous one. /2.
The idea the People cannot speak again is ludicrous. It'd take a MAJORITY to #ExitFromBrexit. How is that undemocratic?Given the false prospectus on which #Brexit was sold, the chicanery & cheating of #VoteLeave & Brexit impact, it's the DUTY of Govt to give us #FinalSay Ref. /3.
THREAD (1) When the likes of Hannan feel the need to 'brush off' something so critical to the right-wing/neo-con #Brexit wet dream, we find digging a little deeper to be useful. After all, ground breaking 'shadow trade deals' with right-wing US think tanks is no small fish.
(2) In fact, given the growing negativity surrounding the #Brexit negotiations, compounded by the Govts' own damning economic analysis, one would have thought Hannan and Fox et al, would be shouting from the roof tops about their bespoke 'shadow US-UK trade deal.' Wouldn't you?
(3) The problem for our intrepid trade deal making duo, as almost always, is to be found in the detail; just what are, and who is, behind these neo-con US think tanks? Perhaps Daniel would enlighten us?