Issue - A former junior court assistant has levelled sexual harassment charges against the CJI.
1. He will not “stoop so low” to deny the allegations against him
2. Judiciary is under attack and this is an attempt to dissuade him from hearing imp cases scheduled next week
3. Judiciary is being made a scapegoat
5. I will sit on the bench without fear until the end of my tenure.
6. Country is under serious threat.
1. How can sexual harassment allegations against an individual be termed as an “attack on the judiciary”?
2. Why was no due process followed by the CJI in formation of the bench and the statements made in court?
CJIs will come and go, but the institution will stay forever.