2. Govt has increased the allowable tonnage load by 25%
4. This means for existing fleet to reach optimal utilization, it needs 50-60% more load than earlier before new vehicles can be planned.
6. This means customers will be hesitant to buy any new BS4 vehicle at this stage due to fear of severe penalty & also reduced resale value of vehicle post 1/4/20
8. BS6 vehicles will be expensive than BS4 so higher budget has to be allocated for it.
10. Govt has eased norms for PSBs lending to NBFCs which will help.
12. There is spike in insurance cost from 1 to 3 years at time of buying.
14. Fear of reduced resale value once EV settles down
17. Those who have a robust SUV pipeline will do well in urban areas in coming yrs.
19. Auto industry has met with regulations, policies & demand estimation / planning headwinds all at same time hence the turmoil.