Within 2 weeks of reaching our fifth birthday and 14 months after hitting 1 million, we hit 2 million.
A little history lesson and reflection on @MorningBrew 👇
People wanted something better to keep them informed, so he created a daily newsletter that later became Morning Brew.
1. We wanted to write our newsletters in a conversational tone.
2. We wanted to write for intellectually curious readers.
Turns out, that was a pretty good recipe.
- 2 years ago, we had 160k readers, approximately the pop of Jackson, MS.
- A year ago, we passed 1m readers, the population of Austin, TX.
- We now sit right behind Houston, TX as the 5th largest “city'' in the US
We always came back to the same question: "What more do our readers want from us?"
Readers wanted us to help them go deeper into the industries that mattered to them professionally.
1 To all of our readers who keep us as motivated as we were on day
2 To the Brew Crew—the incredible team we are humbled to work with each day
3 To all our partners and our now 2 million readers for putting your trust in us