2 lessons - we need more hard-headed approach on security.
* We have to stop being intimidated with anxiety about economic revenge from China.
* We must be really careful not to let that approach bleed into excessive hawkishness.
* I'd like to see the west use the WTO to complain about China rather than bypass it.
* We will need to help developing world which will be devastated by coronavirus partic. in Africa.
* We need to encourage new international infrastructure and engage with China
* Belt and Road - countries are going to be more vulnerable to CCP's debt traps and we have to be wary of that as well.
* We are also going to see more of their civilian/military fusion.
He says west must recognise that this is a competition and that this going to take tremendous cooperation.
Chinese have tried to claim US, then Italy was the origin. CCP has set themselves up for sig. blow - back.