- If a student’s device breaks or malfunctions, how will they get a new one? What happens to their learning in the meantime?
- How will we support students who rely on after-school activities for enrichment and additional support?
- Teachers now have an “instructional lunch;” will we be liable if a student chokes or has an allergy?
- If a school is short on space and typically shares classrooms, how will we ensure that the classrooms are cleaned between uses? Who is responsible for this cleaning?
- Will teachers be expected to do additional coverages when their coworkers are out sick? @NYCMayor @MarkTreyger718 @MOREcaucusUFT
- How can we ensure that remote-only students have access to curricular materials (e.g. textbooks)?
- Will there be a system to report a lack of supplies in our buildings?
- What are the ingredients of the “Covid killer” spray? Who has ensured this is safe for students&staff to come into contact with regularly?
- Will students have access to PPE if they cannot afford highly effective PPE and/or are not able to wash reusable PPE frequently?
- What will a school nurse do if a student comes to them with Covid symptoms?
- How is the isolation room going to be supervised and what PPE equipment will be provided?
- Who will be staffing isolation rooms for students with symptoms of covid?
- Will teachers who are staffing isolation rooms receive hazard pay?
- If a teacher tests + due to an exposure on the job, do days come out of their CAR while they are recovering?
- Who teaches the students if a teacher needs to quarantine?
- Will school staff & families be ensured free & adequate technology?
- Will the DOE contribute to the cost of school staff’s additional internet, cell, and electrical bills?
- For interior classrooms with no windows, how can we ensure proper ventilation?