ShanghaiPanda Profile picture
Sep 26, 2020 12 tweets 8 min read Read on X
The Chinese version of the story is the closest to the truth. The story begun with a HongKong murderer…
1. A HongKong man named Chen Tongjia murdered his pregnant girlfriend in Taiwan and abandoned her body in a suitcase. Then he fled back to HongKong.
2. The HK Police, with the cooperation of the Taiwan police, soon arrested him.
But, because the crime took place in Taiwan, HK law cannot convict him of murder.
Meanwhile, no extradition rule between Taiwan and HK, so he also cannot be sent to Taiwan.
He was eventually released Image
3. To solve this problem, the HongKong govt decided to pass an extradition bill with Taiwan.
However, Taiwan's political status is embarrassing. It is not a sovereign state.
Therefore, the extradition bill must include the Chinese mainland. Image
4. At the instigation of HongKong's opposition politicians and some media, HongKong people fear the extradition bill. As a result, they began to protest in the streets. Image
5. At the same time, the US govt seized the opportunity.
Agents and officials of the country's consulate in HK frequently met with the protest leaders and provided funds to them through NGOs such as the NED.
6. The protests have become increasingly violent.
The protestors broke into govt buildings, robbed shops, set fire on the streets and beat innocent passers-by.
The theme of the protest also shifted from the anti-extradition to anti-govt and anti-China.

7. On September 4, 2019,the chief executive of HK announced that the extradition bill was cancelled indefinitely. But the violent protests didn't stop.
At the instigation of foreign forces and media, the protestors demanded that HK should become an independent or UK colony again.

8. HongKong police have also been targeted by the protestors.
Although in more than a year of protests, the number of protestors killed by police was 0.
However, HongKong police are still called "violent police" by protestors, media and Western politicians.

9. The protests began to look like terrorist attacks.
The protestors used bows and arrows, incendiary flasks and homemade bombs against police.
More innocent citizens were killed or burned by the protestors.
All this made a great threat to the security of HongKong.

10. Finally, on July 1, 2020, China's legislature, the people's Congress, passed the HongKong National Security Law in accordance with the rights conferred by the basic law of HongKong.
After the influence of foreign forces weakened, HongKong is gradually returning its peace. Image
11. However, it is a pity that with the "efforts" of the HonKong people, the murderer Chen Tongjia has escaped the legal sanction.
The lovely girl who was murdered, pan Xiaoying, may have died in vain.
… …
That's the Chinese version of the HongKong story, or my version.
(End) Image
The "peaceful protest" in Hong Kong in 2019 were not peaceful as described by Western media, on the contrary, it was full of extreme violence.👇

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with ShanghaiPanda

ShanghaiPanda Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @thinking_panda

Jul 22
In the civil aviation field, the check-in counters at most airports in China currently do NOT use the Windows system, but use UOS and deepin (two Chinese versions of Linux systems).
So, this global CrowdStrike/Microsoft failure has no impact on China. Image
As for CRS (Computer Reservation System), ICS (Inventory Control System) and DCS (Departure Control System)... the world's main suppliers are SABRE, GALILEO, and AMADEUS.
In China, 🇨🇳TravelSky company has developed its own complete solutions. Image
So, as far as the civil aviation industry is concerned, China's civil aviation has replaced the underlying operating system, security software and application system software with products from Chinese companies in the past few years. Image
Read 4 tweets
Jul 17
"I had surgery and spent 8 days at a Chinese public hospital in a tier-2 city. Want to share my experience to hopefully help other foreigners."

"... I was worried I’d have to wait several months to have it done. He told me I could have the surgery as early as the following week" Image
"I decided to choose the shared room over a private room. I ended up sharing the room with one Chinese man. The room was very basic (50rmb per night), but I was fine with it. It had a window, AC, TV and bathroom with western toilet, sink and shower."
"The nursing staff was unbelievable. Just incredibly hard working and did their best to help me. None of them spoke English to me, but they always had their phones out with translation software ready to go. I felt bad about that and like a burden."
Read 5 tweets
Jul 16
China's economic data for H1 2024.

1⃣H1 GDP growth was 5%. By quarter, the GDP for the first quarter increased by 5.3 percent year on year and for the second quarter 4.7 percent. The GDP for the second quarter increased by 0.7 percent quarter on quarter. Image
2⃣The total value added of industrial enterprises above the designated size grew by 6.0% year-on-year:
Mining ⬆️2.4%
Manufacturing ⬆️6.5%
Production and supply of electricity, thermal power, gas and water ⬆️6.0%
Equipment manufacturing ⬆️7.8%
High-tech manufacturing ⬆️8.7%. Image
3⃣In terms of products, the production of 3D printing devices, new-energy automobiles, and integrated circuits went up by 51.6%, 34.3%, and 28.9%, year on year respectively. Image
Read 10 tweets
Jul 14
During the Vietnam War, Times Magazine had a “Chrismas in Vietnam” special to promote US troops sex tourism around Asia on Dec 22, 1967 The photo in Taiwan exposed how KMT created sex tourism industry catering to GIs. 200,000 GI visited Taiwan frm 1965-1970. Image
Vietnam War Era official US military R&R brochure for Taiwan: "Do not purchase the company of a girl for more than 24hrs at a time. they seldom look as good in the morning" Times Magazine "Christmas in Viet Nam" Dec 22, 1967 Image
US troops stationed on Taiwan and Vietnam War era GIs on R&R left 1,000 Ameriasian children behind on Taiwan.
Read 5 tweets
Jun 29
Indian Foreign Policy as Viewed from China

I read a recent article on Indian foreign policy and India-China relations written by a Chinese scholar, Comrade Hu Shisheng.

Sharing some key points here.
(1/X) Image
1. Indian foreign policy has flourished under Modi, but its “adventurism”, “opportunism” and double-dealing have been sources of growing diplomatic tensions.

(2/X) Image
2. Furthermore, the “inclusive” and “reformed” multilateralism that New Delhi advocates contradicts the “exclusive multilateralism” that it practises.

(3/X) Image
Read 13 tweets
May 22
In mainland China, the full text of the draft of any important bill, such as this one on the regulation of the financial sector in Shanghai, must be made available to the public through newspapers.
That's the first step.
The NPC's office will issue an announcement to solicit opinions from all citizens. Citizens can submit opinions or suggestions through the website, WeChat, phone call or letter.
That's the second step. Image
Citizens can also tell members of NPC what they think and let them feedback to the legislature. Image
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(