Jeffs Comics Profile picture
Apr 2, 2021 5 tweets 3 min read Read on X
Yvonne Craig with short hair, which 'emphasizes her youthful perkiness' as well as ease of care.
Yvonne Craig in publicity stills with an updo hair style and large earrings, and longer hair sand jewelry.
Yvonne Craig in a very daring bathing suit (especially for 'Barbara Gordon') in the Batman tv series.

It reminds me of the suit Domino wears in Thunderball. I wonder if that bow was on the original design?
Every #StarTrek fan could tell Yvonne Craig was a dancer. I do think that short hair really suits her.
A silly cheesecake shot. You can find many more. A lovely lady indeed.

Is it too early for ice cream?

• • •

Missing some Tweet in this thread? You can try to force a refresh

Keep Current with Jeffs Comics

Jeffs Comics Profile picture

Stay in touch and get notified when new unrolls are available from this author!

Read all threads

This Thread may be Removed Anytime!

PDF

Twitter may remove this content at anytime! Save it as PDF for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video
  1. Follow @ThreadReaderApp to mention us!

2. From a Twitter thread mention us with a keyword "unroll"
@threadreaderapp unroll

Practice here first or read more on our help page!

More from @jeffs_comics

Mar 13, 2022
More of these classic comic book ads.
(my original thread got broken, so attempting a patch)

This is from 1967 by Lucky Products. Looks like no game here, just the soldiers.

Go, capture the Ludendorff Bridge over the Rhine! Image
Some of these were 3D, but others were very flat (Shipped in a footlocker indeed).

I've played many an hour playing games using cardboard tokens, so flat plastic seems fine. Image
Calling All Space Rangers!

From 1953! Over 70 ships and people, all made of space color plastic! Take command, Squadron Leader, of your Space Patrol! Use your cosmic ray neutralizer to defend against deadly cosmic rays (cc: Reed Richards) Image
Read 13 tweets
Feb 9, 2022
Who's Who in Atlas Seaboard Comics!
#WhosWhoAtlas

I saw a brief text document and thought it could use an 80s style enhancement.

Please enjoy a slowly growing sticky 🧵of long lost characters from Martin Goodman's mid 1970s Atlas Seaboard comics (to the extent I can) Image
#WhosWhoAtlas The Cougar

Part DeadMan, part Kolchak The Night Stalker!

There were only 2 issues, and they had completely different creative teams (even different editors). Done in familiar 70s Bronze Age horror style. The 3rd issue 'a crippled cougar' possibly permanently??? Image
For credits for this and all entries, perhaps I'd do best just to point you to the GCD pages
Here it is for Cougar issue 1
comics.org/issue/28486/

And for the entire Seaboard line
comics.org/publisher/372/ Image
Read 127 tweets
Apr 3, 2021
Arthur Guy Empey wrote the bestselling WWI memoir, Over The Top. He was an American who volunteered and served with the British as a bomber and machine-gunner, wounded at the Somne. After the war, he wrote fiction, creating Terence O'Leary.
The sinking of the Lusitania seemed to the cause Empey, an American sergeant, volunteered with the British, and was soon living in the squalor of the trenches in France - lice, rats, mud and Germans trying to kill you for the cherry on top.
Empey was wounded in hand-to-hand combat with a bayonet, but survived. Then he was trained as a 'bomber' - not in a plane, but tossing fragmentation grenades. He was wounded at the Somme going 'Over the Top' - 17 of his 20 men unit died - and he laid in No Man's Land for a day+
Read 7 tweets
Apr 3, 2021
Private Snafu

Once a military secret, Private Snafu (voiced by Mel Blanc) was part of a multi-talent effort to train the military in WWII. These were intended for adults, about serious topics, despite looking like Looney Tunes to modern audiences.
There were different ideas about training films - are they like textbooks, serious and sober, or could serious and sober topics use humor, sex and other more or less juvenile aspects to open up heads. Frank Capra thought boring was bad.
Disney originally was asked to make training films, but wanted to own and market the character and was undercut by Warner Bros - who got the gig. Private Snafu (Situation Normal, All F'd Up) would be in 26 short training films (this is Booby Traps)
Read 8 tweets
Apr 2, 2021
Was Hijacker D.B. Cooper a Comic Book fan?

About 50 years ago, right before Thanksgiving, 1971, a man who gave his name as Dan Cooper successfully skyjacked a plane, bailing out with $200,000 - never to be seen again.
If you are an American and have never heard of the comic Dan Cooper, that is to be expected. It is a Franco-Belgian comic book, begun in 1954,mabout a Canadian fighter jock. I think it was in French and German, but not English.
Dan Cooper was likely sold in Canada as well as Europe. There is some thought that D.B Cooper encountered this comic book as inspiration for the nom de guerre.
Read 10 tweets
Apr 1, 2021
#ThePrisoner #LogansRun Nerd Talk

The Village is a bounded society in which Number 6 finds himself.

I am not a number. I am a free man.

Is the Village 'evil'?
Does the Village represent society?
Are many of the villagers happy?
What does Number 6 fight for/against?

He want to escape? Does he only to escape?
Is Number 6 a threat to others' happiness?
Does Number 6 owe anything to other villagers?
Ever notice that The Domed City in Logan's Run is not altogether unlike the Village?

What do Jessica (and to a lesser extent Logan) fight for or against? Are they a threat to others' happiness?
Read 4 tweets

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just two indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3/month or $30/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Don't want to be a Premium member but still want to support us?

Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal

Or Donate anonymously using crypto!

Ethereum

0xfe58350B80634f60Fa6Dc149a72b4DFbc17D341E copy

Bitcoin

3ATGMxNzCUFzxpMCHL5sWSt4DVtS8UqXpi copy

Thank you for your support!

Follow Us!

:(